• Trisha McFarland, a nine-year-old girl whose parents have recently divorced, is introduced.
• Trisha, her brother Pete, and their mother Quilla leave to go on a hike.
• Pete complains during the car ride because he does not want to go on another one of Quilla's outings.
• Pete and Quilla fight a lot since the divorce, mostly because Pete does not fit in at his new school.
• Trisha tries to divert the family from fighting, but she is unsuccessful.
• Trisha goes into her imaginary world, which is structured around Red Sox pitcher, Tom Gordon.
• Trisha wears her Red Sox cap, which her father Larry got Tom Gordon to sign.
• Trisha imagines that she meets Tom Gordon in the park and he buys her a hot dog.
• Pete and Quilla stop arguing for a moment, and Pete fixes his sister's backpack strap.
• Quilla makes sure the kids...
This section contains 1,912 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)