|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
2. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
3. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
4. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
5. What is the final expression on Elka's face after she confesses to Gimpel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concept of forgiveness as it is used within the text. Who forgives, and why? What are the benefits of forgiveness? The drawbacks? Is forgiveness foolish? Or wise?
Essay Topic 2
Isaac Bashevis Singer is a world-renowned author.
Part 1) Describe Singer's place in history as a writer.
Part 2) Explain why he was and still is pivotal to contemporary literature.
Essay Topic 3
"Gimpel the Fool" can be classified under several genres. Pick three, and, with supporting evidence from the text, discuss how the story could be classified under each genre.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)