|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
2. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
3. After her death, who does Elka think she has fooled?
4. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
5. What does the person in Gimpel's dream say about God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concepts of truth and persecution as they are used in conjunction within the text. What is true to Gimpel? To the townspeople? To God? Which one perseveres, and why? Does truth inspire perseverance? Does one person's truth lead to another person's persecution?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the concept of forgiveness as it is used within the text. Who forgives, and why? What are the benefits of forgiveness? The drawbacks? Is forgiveness foolish? Or wise?
Essay Topic 3
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)