|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Gimpel ages, what does he say he comes to understand?
2. What does Elka confess on her deathbed?
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
4. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
5. While appearing to Gimpel in a dream, what does this dream person say to Gimpel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss Singer's use of symbolism throughout the text. How is it effective in enriching the story?
Essay Topic 2
Gimpel states that he is called a fool because he is easily deceived. Explore the theme of deception throughout the text, questioning who is being deceived.
Essay Topic 3
Define and explain the concept of The Wise Fool, and explain Gimpel as such.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)