|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnesses Gimpel right his wrong?
2. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
3. As Gimpel ages, what does he say he comes to understand?
4. How does Gimpel feel on his way home at night after work?
5. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the word "martyr" and discuss why or why not Gimpel fits this description.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the concept of forgiveness as it is used within the text. Who forgives, and why? What are the benefits of forgiveness? The drawbacks? Is forgiveness foolish? Or wise?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)