|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
Essay Topic 1
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the theme of faith and mysticism versus free thought and doubt, and how they are relevant within the story. Be sure to use examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss Singer's use of symbolism throughout the text. How is it effective in enriching the story?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)