|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
2. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
3. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
4. After leaving Frampol, who does Gimpel see when he dreams?
5. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concept of forgiveness as it is used within the text. Who forgives, and why? What are the benefits of forgiveness? The drawbacks? Is forgiveness foolish? Or wise?
Essay Topic 2
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Define the word "martyr" and discuss why or why not Gimpel fits this description.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)