|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
2. What is the final expression on Elka's face after she confesses to Gimpel?
3. What does Gimpel imagine Elka's expression says after she has passed away?
4. When Gimpel returns home after months of being away, who does Gimpel see in the bed next to Elka?
5. What ultimately happens to Elka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judaism lends a great deal to the intricacy of the story. How would the story be different without the religious aspect? How does Judaism specifically enrich the text?
Essay Topic 2
Define the word "martyr" and discuss why or why not Gimpel fits this description.
Essay Topic 3
"Gimpel the Fool" can be classified under several genres. Pick three, and, with supporting evidence from the text, discuss how the story could be classified under each genre.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)