|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the delivery person say about Gimpel's family?
2. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
3. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
4. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
5. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concept of judgment within the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Singer uses foreshadowing in the very beginning when Gimpel states that he does not consider himself a fool. Discuss foreshadowing as a literary tool and Singer's use of it within the text.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)