|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
2. If Gimpel follows the advice given to him by the dream person, what does he fear?
3. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
4. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
5. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concept of forgiveness as it is used within the text. Who forgives, and why? What are the benefits of forgiveness? The drawbacks? Is forgiveness foolish? Or wise?
Essay Topic 2
Singer uses foreshadowing in the very beginning when Gimpel states that he does not consider himself a fool. Discuss foreshadowing as a literary tool and Singer's use of it within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explore and discuss Singer's use of symbolism throughout the text. How is it effective in enriching the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)