Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passed before the rabbis could come to a decision regarding Gimpel's situation?
2. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
3. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
4. If Gimpel follows through with his plan of vengeance, what does he fear he'll lose?
5. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
"Gimpel the Fool" is often said to be a narrative of Jewish persecution throughout history. Explain this, and argue either for or against this opinion.
Gimpel displays a great deal of compassion throughout the story while evoking the same emotions from the reader. Explore and discuss Singer's use of compassion to relay the story. How does the first person narrative aid in this?
Explain and explore Gimpel's role as an outcast. Is he or is he not? Choose a side and argue for or against.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)