Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
Gimpel states that he is called a fool because he is easily deceived. Explore the theme of deception throughout the text, questioning who is being deceived.
Isaac Bashevis Singer is a world-renowned author.
Part 1) Describe Singer's place in history as a writer.
Part 2) Explain why he was and still is pivotal to contemporary literature.
Gimpel displays a great deal of compassion throughout the story while evoking the same emotions from the reader. Explore and discuss Singer's use of compassion to relay the story. How does the first person narrative aid in this?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)