|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
2. How does Gimpel feel on his way home at night after work?
3. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
5. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore and discuss Singer's use of symbolism throughout the text. How is it effective in enriching the story?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the concept of judgment within the text.
Essay Topic 3
Frampol is a historically significant town that is also the setting for "Gimpel the Fool". Discuss why Singer chose this location for his story, its specific historical significance, and its contribution to the story.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)