Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
Essay Topic 1
It is arguable that while Gimpel wonders if his entire town has gone mad, he himself may be the one who is insane. Argue for or against Gimpel's sanity, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the concepts of truth and persecution as they are used in conjunction within the text. What is true to Gimpel? To the townspeople? To God? Which one perseveres, and why? Does truth inspire perseverance? Does one person's truth lead to another person's persecution?
Essay Topic 3
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)