|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
5. After taking steps toward revenge, who does Gimpel see in a dream?
Essay Topic 1
"Gimpel the Fool" questions the definition of truth. Compare and contrast what is true to the townspeople and what is true to Gimpel. Which version is actually true? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Explore and describe the appearance and roles of social class issues within the text. How do they affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
Frampol is a historically significant town that is also the setting for "Gimpel the Fool". Discuss why Singer chose this location for his story, its specific historical significance, and its contribution to the story.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)