|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
2. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
4. When the second dream person appears to Gimpel, what do they look like?
5. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the concept of judgment within the text.
Essay Topic 2
"Gimpel the Fool" can be classified under several genres. Pick three, and, with supporting evidence from the text, discuss how the story could be classified under each genre.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the theme of faith and mysticism versus free thought and doubt, and how they are relevant within the story. Be sure to use examples from the text.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)