Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
Essay Topic 1
Judaism lends a great deal to the intricacy of the story. How would the story be different without the religious aspect? How does Judaism specifically enrich the text?
Essay Topic 2
"Gimpel the Fool" is often said to be a narrative of Jewish persecution throughout history. Explain this, and argue either for or against this opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Define the word "martyr" and discuss why or why not Gimpel fits this description.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)