|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of God or an afterlife, what does the the person in Gimpel's dream say is there?
(a) A thick mire.
(c) Eternal sleep.
(d) Another life on earth.
2. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
(b) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
(c) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
(d) Stray hairs from his children.
3. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
(a) A lump of pillows.
(b) A hallucination.
(c) Nothing--he made it all up.
(d) The shadow of a beam.
4. When Gimpel has returned home after being separated and he has completed Elka's errand, what does he ask her?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) Why the kids aren't in bed.
(c) How she has been.
(d) Where the apprentice went.
5. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
(a) She wants Gimpel to know he wasn't her true love.
(b) She is hallucinating.
(c) She just thought Gimpel should know.
(d) She wants to go clean to her maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
2. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
3. On the night of Gimpel's return after a lengthy separation, what does Elka's "brother" do to Gimpel?
4. After his dream in Chapter 4, what does Gimpel imagine the bread dough is saying to him?
5. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)