|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) Stray hairs from his children.
(b) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
(c) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
(d) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
2. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
(a) Return the food he has stolen.
(b) Bury the tainted bread.
(d) Clean the sidewalk.
3. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(b) Admit her wrongdoing.
(c) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(d) Beg for forgiveness.
4. At the end of Elka's life, what does Gimpel spend a fortune on?
(a) Toys for his children.
(c) Healers and doctors for Elka.
(d) Expensive clothing and housewares.
5. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
(a) Find an obscure reference in Maimonides that favors Gimpel.
(b) Say extra prayers for Gimpel and his family.
(c) Admit they were wrong.
(d) Supply food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
2. How long does Gimpel live with Elka?
3. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. If Gimpel follows through with his plan of vengeance, what does he fear he'll lose?
5. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)