|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
(a) Contact the rabbi.
(b) Divide his hoarded money among the children.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Go to bed.
2. What advice does the apprentice give Gimpel?
(a) Watch out for the farmer for he wants Elka.
(b) Ignore the townspeople and their long-tongued babble.
(c) The baker will be mad if Gimpel sends Elka too much food.
(d) If he prays with Elka their marriage will beome stronger.
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
(b) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
(c) Stray hairs from his children.
(d) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
4. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
(a) She tells Gimpel the children always stay up late.
(b) She sobs.
(c) Acts like she doesn't know what he's talking about.
(d) She smothers him in kisses.
5. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
(a) Spit in the bread.
(b) Defecate on the sidewalk.
(c) Steal food from the townspeople.
(d) Urinate in the bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of God or an afterlife, what does the the person in Gimpel's dream say is there?
2. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
3. What happens while Gimpel and Elka are separated?
4. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
5. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)