|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
2. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
(a) "Dante was right."
(b) "I am in limbo."
(c) "I am so happy!"
(d) "They spare you nothing here."
3. What ultimately happens to Elka?
(a) She leaves Gimpel.
(b) She goes insane.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She runs off.
4. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She asks about the goat again.
(c) She recovers.
(d) She dies.
5. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
(b) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
2. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
3. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
5. What does Gimpel do after Elka's death?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)