|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her death, who does Elka think she has fooled?
(a) Her children.
2. What does Gimpel imagine Elka's expression says after she has passed away?
(a) "I deceived Gimpel. That was the meaning of my brief life."
(b) "I always loved you."
(c) "I am forever sorry for what I did to you, Gimpel."
(d) "I'm dying but I'm hungry."
3. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
(a) Steal food from the townspeople.
(b) Spit in the bread.
(c) Urinate in the bread.
(d) Defecate on the sidewalk.
4. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
5. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol?
(b) Into the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gimpel has returned home after being separated and he has completed Elka's errand, what does he ask her?
2. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
3. How does Gimpel feel on his way home at night after work?
4. What does Gimpel do after Elka's death?
5. How does Gimpel say he will meet death?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)