|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
(a) Start their own businesses.
(b) Remember him well.
(c) Pray for their mother.
(d) Forget him.
2. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
(a) Spin yarns (tell stories).
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Beg for money and drink ale.
(d) Sleep a lot.
3. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
(a) If Gimpel is ready to marry someone else.
(b) If Gimpel is ready to divorce Elka.
(c) If Gimpel has been praying enough.
(d) If Gimpel is sure he was wrong about his wife.
4. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
5. What does Gimpel imagine Elka's expression says after she has passed away?
(a) "I am forever sorry for what I did to you, Gimpel."
(b) "I always loved you."
(c) "I deceived Gimpel. That was the meaning of my brief life."
(d) "I'm dying but I'm hungry."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
2. How long does Gimpel live with Elka?
3. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
4. Why does Elka make her deathbed confession?
5. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)