|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Gimpel confronts tell Gimpel to do?
(a) Admit that he isn't actually Elka's husband.
(b) Bake some break for dinner that night.
(c) Leave Elkaif he truely loves her.
(d) See an herb doctor or healer, as something is wrong with Gimpel's head.
2. At the end of the story, how does Gimpel say the afterlife will be?
(a) Real, without ridicule, complication or deception.
(b) A craps shoot.
(c) A relief.
(d) A burning pit just as the Spirit of Evil said.
3. While appearing to Gimpel in a dream, what does this dream person say to Gimpel?
(a) Elka yearns for Gimpel in the afterlife.
(b) Since the whole world deceives Gimpel, he should deceive the world in return.
(c) Gimpel is bound for hell.
(d) Gimpel should repent.
4. What advice does the apprentice give Gimpel?
(a) The baker will be mad if Gimpel sends Elka too much food.
(b) Watch out for the farmer for he wants Elka.
(c) Ignore the townspeople and their long-tongued babble.
(d) If he prays with Elka their marriage will beome stronger.
5. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
(a) Check on the goat one last time.
(b) Forgive her.
(c) Make sure she is cremated.
(d) Take care of his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children of the world call Gimpel?
2. When Gimpel returns home after months of being away, who does Gimpel see in the bed next to Elka?
3. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
4. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
5. How much time passed before the rabbis could come to a decision regarding Gimpel's situation?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)