|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel do after Elka's death?
(a) Observe a period of mourning.
(c) Refuse to admit she has died.
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Isaac Bashevis Singer.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) Saul Bellow.
3. The morning after Gimpel has returned home from a long separation from Elka, who does Gimpel confront?
(a) The apprentice.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The "brother."
4. While appearing to Gimpel in a dream, what does this dream person say to Gimpel?
(a) Gimpel is bound for hell.
(b) Elka yearns for Gimpel in the afterlife.
(c) Gimpel should repent.
(d) Since the whole world deceives Gimpel, he should deceive the world in return.
5. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
(a) Defecate on the sidewalk.
(b) Spit in the bread.
(c) Steal food from the townspeople.
(d) Urinate in the bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
2. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)