|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol?
(c) Into the world.
2. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
3. On the night of Gimpel's return after a lengthy separation, what does Elka's "brother" do to Gimpel?
(a) Hugs him and tells him he's glad Gimpel's home.
(b) Ties Gimpel up and threatens to kill him.
(c) Yells at Gimpel to leave.
(d) Jump from behind the oven and strikes him on the head.
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Beg for forgiveness.
(b) Admit her wrongdoing.
(c) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(d) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her death, who does Elka think she has fooled?
2. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
4. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
5. After taking steps toward revenge, who does Gimpel see in a dream?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)