|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
(a) Saul Bellow.
(b) Isaac Bashevis Singer.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
(b) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
(c) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
(d) Stray hairs from his children.
4. What does the rabbi tell Gimpel he can do regarding his marriage?
(a) Go back to the bakery.
(b) Go home.
(c) Go ahead with the divorce.
(d) Go to the synagogue.
5. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
(a) They only happened in his mind.
(b) Because of these things he left Elka.
(c) He was angered by these events.
(d) He neither saw nor heard, simply believed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gimpel say he will meet death?
2. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
3. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
4. At the end of the story, how does Gimpel say the afterlife will be?
5. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)