|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the delivery person say about Gimpel's family?
(a) Gimpel's family is too small.
(b) Gimpel's family doesn't deserve all the food that Gimpel sends.
(c) Gimpel's family smells bad.
(d) Gimpel has a decent wife and two fine kids that he doesn't deserve.
2. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
(a) The apprentice.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The baker.
(d) The rabbis.
3. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
(a) Isaac Mizrahi.
(b) Saul Bellow.
(c) Isaac Bashevis Singer.
(d) Judy Bloom.
4. After leaving Frampol, who does Gimpel see when he dreams?
(a) The Spirit of Evil.
(b) His children he left behind.
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Check on the goat.
(c) Go back to the bakery.
(d) Tell the children he is back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
2. In order to avoid a scandal, what does Gimpel do?
3. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
5. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)