|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
(a) There is nothing to forgive, and that Elka has been a good and faithful wife.
(b) She will not be cremated but buried.
(c) He knows she has done him wrong and will never forgive her.
(d) The goat is fine and not to worry.
2. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Divide his hoarded money among the children.
(c) Contact the rabbi.
(d) Go to bed.
3. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
(a) He was angered by these events.
(b) Because of these things he left Elka.
(c) He neither saw nor heard, simply believed.
(d) They only happened in his mind.
4. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
(a) Tell him he doesn't exist.
(b) Worship him.
(c) Snatch him by the tail.
(d) Ask him more questions.
5. After taking steps toward revenge, who does Gimpel see in a dream?
(b) His parents.
(c) The Spirit of Evil again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his dream in Chapter 4, what does Gimpel imagine the bread dough is saying to him?
2. What is Gimpel's reasoning in the resolution that he reached while separated from his wife?
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
4. How long does Gimpel live with Elka?
5. How much time passed before the rabbis could come to a decision regarding Gimpel's situation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)