|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her death, who does Elka think she has fooled?
(d) Her children.
2. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
(a) He doesn't want to look foolish.
(b) He doesn't want people to think badly of Elka.
(c) He is tired of drama.
(d) People will accuse him of raising spooks and no one will want the bread he bakes.
3. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Go back to the bakery.
(b) Lay next to her.
(c) Tell the children he is back.
(d) Check on the goat.
4. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
(a) The townspeople.
5. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
(a) If Gimpel is ready to marry someone else.
(b) If Gimpel is sure he was wrong about his wife.
(c) If Gimpel is ready to divorce Elka.
(d) If Gimpel has been praying enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
2. What does Elka confess on her deathbed?
3. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
5. How does Gimpel describe the person who brings food to Elka?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)