|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
(a) She smothers him in kisses.
(b) Acts like she doesn't know what he's talking about.
(c) She sobs.
(d) She tells Gimpel the children always stay up late.
2. After her death, who does Elka think she has fooled?
(d) Her children.
3. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(b) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Admit her wrongdoing.
4. When Gimpel returns home after months of being away, who does Gimpel see in the bed next to Elka?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The baker.
(c) The apprentice.
(d) The Yanover rabbi.
5. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
(a) "I am so happy!"
(b) "They spare you nothing here."
(c) "Dante was right."
(d) "I am in limbo."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gimpel feel on his way home at night after work?
2. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
3. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol?
4. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
5. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)