|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Frampol, who does Gimpel see when he dreams?
(a) The Spirit of Evil.
(b) His children he left behind.
2. In order to avoid a scandal, what does Gimpel do?
(a) Calms Elka down.
(b) Breaks free of his constraints and ties up the "brother" instead.
(c) Heads to the temple.
(d) Tells Elka to run away in the night.
3. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
4. What does Gimpel do after Elka's death?
(a) Observe a period of mourning.
(b) Refuse to admit she has died.
5. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
(a) She sobs.
(b) She tells Gimpel the children always stay up late.
(c) She smothers him in kisses.
(d) Acts like she doesn't know what he's talking about.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
2. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
3. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
4. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
5. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)