|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gimpel believe he cannot be deceived?
(a) On the road.
(b) In the pub.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) The afterlife.
2. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
(a) Snatch him by the tail.
(b) Worship him.
(c) Ask him more questions.
(d) Tell him he doesn't exist.
3. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
4. What is the final expression on Elka's face after she confesses to Gimpel?
(a) Her mouth is agape.
(b) She drops a single tear.
(c) She is smiling.
(d) She is frowning.
5. What does Gimpel imagine Elka's expression says after she has passed away?
(a) "I deceived Gimpel. That was the meaning of my brief life."
(b) "I am forever sorry for what I did to you, Gimpel."
(c) "I'm dying but I'm hungry."
(d) "I always loved you."
Short Answer Questions
1. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
2. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
3. What does the rabbi tell Gimpel he can do regarding his marriage?
4. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
5. After taking steps toward revenge, what does the second dream person tell Gimpel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)