|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story, how does Gimpel say the afterlife will be?
(a) A relief.
(b) A craps shoot.
(c) Real, without ridicule, complication or deception.
(d) A burning pit just as the Spirit of Evil said.
2. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Divide his hoarded money among the children.
(d) Contact the rabbi.
3. At the end of Elka's life, what does Gimpel spend a fortune on?
(a) Expensive clothing and housewares.
(b) Healers and doctors for Elka.
(c) Toys for his children.
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
(a) Find an obscure reference in Maimonides that favors Gimpel.
(b) Admit they were wrong.
(c) Say extra prayers for Gimpel and his family.
(d) Supply food.
5. What advice does the apprentice give Gimpel?
(a) The baker will be mad if Gimpel sends Elka too much food.
(b) Watch out for the farmer for he wants Elka.
(c) If he prays with Elka their marriage will beome stronger.
(d) Ignore the townspeople and their long-tongued babble.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
2. Where does Gimpel believe he cannot be deceived?
3. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
4. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
5. After Elka's death, who appears to Gimpel while he is sleeping?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)