|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the apprentice give Gimpel?
(a) Ignore the townspeople and their long-tongued babble.
(b) Watch out for the farmer for he wants Elka.
(c) If he prays with Elka their marriage will beome stronger.
(d) The baker will be mad if Gimpel sends Elka too much food.
2. When Gimpel tells the children that he saw their dead mother, how do they react?
(a) They are astounded and can't speak.
(b) They ask Gimpel to tell them more.
(c) They become angry at his falsehood.
(d) They drop to their knees in prayer.
3. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
4. While appearing to Gimpel in a dream, what does this dream person say to Gimpel?
(a) Gimpel should repent.
(b) Elka yearns for Gimpel in the afterlife.
(c) Gimpel is bound for hell.
(d) Since the whole world deceives Gimpel, he should deceive the world in return.
5. As the story ends, what is Gimpel about to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gimpel feel on his way home at night after work?
2. What does the delivery person say about Gimpel's family?
3. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
4. What is Gimpel's reasoning in the resolution that he reached while separated from his wife?
5. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)