|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel carry with him in his beggar's sack?
(a) A dradel.
(b) A wad of money.
(c) His will.
(d) Death shrouds.
2. What does the Spirit of Evil look like?
(d) A mound of flames.
3. The morning after Gimpel has returned home from a long separation from Elka, who does Gimpel confront?
(b) The "brother."
(c) The apprentice.
(d) The rabbi.
4. What is wrong with Elka when she becomes ill?
(a) She is old.
(b) She has diabetes.
(c) She is insane.
(d) There is a growth on her breast.
5. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Beg for forgiveness.
(b) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(c) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(d) Admit her wrongdoing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children of the world call Gimpel?
2. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
3. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
4. How many children did Elka bear Gimpel?
5. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)