|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story, how does Gimpel say the afterlife will be?
(a) A relief.
(b) A burning pit just as the Spirit of Evil said.
(c) Real, without ridicule, complication or deception.
(d) A craps shoot.
2. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
(a) Nothing--he made it all up.
(b) A lump of pillows.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) The shadow of a beam.
3. The morning after Gimpel has returned home from a long separation from Elka, who does Gimpel confront?
(b) The "brother."
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The apprentice.
4. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
(a) By scamming people.
(b) By sheepherding.
(c) Through good people who do not neglect him.
(d) Through the help of the synagogue.
5. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
(b) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do townspeople react to Gimpel's actions regarding the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
2. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
3. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
4. On the night of Gimpel's return after a lengthy separation, what does Elka's "brother" do to Gimpel?
5. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)