|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
(a) Remember him well.
(b) Forget him.
(c) Start their own businesses.
(d) Pray for their mother.
2. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
(a) She dies.
(b) She asks about the goat again.
(c) She recovers.
(d) She falls asleep.
3. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Go back to the bakery.
(b) Tell the children he is back.
(c) Lay next to her.
(d) Check on the goat.
5. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
(a) Steal food from the townspeople.
(b) Spit in the bread.
(c) Urinate in the bread.
(d) Defecate on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
2. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
3. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
4. How do townspeople react to Gimpel's actions regarding the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
5. What is Gimpel resolved to do while he is separated from Elka?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)