|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
(a) Ask him more questions.
(b) Tell him he doesn't exist.
(c) Worship him.
(d) Snatch him by the tail.
2. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
(a) As a devil.
(b) In her wedding gown.
(c) Standing by the washtub like their first encounter.
(d) As an angel but without wings.
3. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Admit her wrongdoing.
(b) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(c) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(d) Beg for forgiveness.
4. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
(a) By sheepherding.
(b) Through good people who do not neglect him.
(c) Through the help of the synagogue.
(d) By scamming people.
5. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
(a) Take care of his children.
(b) Check on the goat one last time.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Make sure she is cremated.
Short Answer Questions
1. While appearing to Gimpel in a dream, what does this dream person say to Gimpel?
2. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
3. Even though Gimpel has not seen his wife, what does he do to celebrate the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
4. How does Gimpel describe the person who brings food to Elka?
5. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)