|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
(a) Everyone misses him at home.
(b) He will be tempted by the Spirit of Evil.
(c) He mustn't stray from Judaism.
(d) All is right and death is nearer then far.
2. If Gimpel follows through with his plan of vengeance, what does he fear he'll lose?
(a) Eternal life.
(b) His business.
(c) His children.
(d) His wealth.
3. What does Elka confess on her deathbed?
(a) She has always loved Gimpel.
(b) She doesn't believe in God.
(c) Their children are not Gimpel's.
(d) She has never loved Gimpel.
4. When the second dream person appears to Gimpel, what do they look like?
(a) Happy and healthy.
(c) Like a skeleton.
(d) Shrouded with a black face.
5. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Admit her wrongdoing.
(b) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(c) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(d) Beg for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, what does Gimpel want to do to the Spirit of Evil?
2. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
3. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
4. What does Gimpel tell the children to do before he leaves town?
5. What does Gimpel carry with him in his beggar's sack?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)