|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Spirit of Evil look like?
(a) A mound of flames.
2. If Gimpel follows the advice given to him by the dream person, what does he fear?
(a) Losing his business.
(b) Judgment in the world to come.
(c) Shame of being found out.
(d) Elka's wrath.
3. After leaving Frampol, how does Gimpel always envision Elka?
(a) Standing by the washtub like their first encounter.
(b) As a devil.
(c) As an angel but without wings.
(d) In her wedding gown.
4. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Check on the goat.
(c) Go back to the bakery.
(d) Tell the children he is back.
5. When the second dream person appears to Gimpel, what do they look like?
(b) Like a skeleton.
(c) Shrouded with a black face.
(d) Happy and healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After GImpel has returned from checking on the goat, how does Elka respond to Gimpel's questions?
2. What is Gimpel told to do for revenge against the townspeople?
3. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
5. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)