|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
(a) He can't remember.
2. How do townspeople react to Gimpel's actions regarding the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
(a) They were angry.
(b) They threw a party.
(c) They didn't react for they they had stopped caring.
(d) They refreshed their spirits.
3. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The apprentice.
(c) The rabbis.
(d) The baker.
4. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
(a) He knows she has done him wrong and will never forgive her.
(b) There is nothing to forgive, and that Elka has been a good and faithful wife.
(c) She will not be cremated but buried.
(d) The goat is fine and not to worry.
5. After leaving Frampol, who does Gimpel see when he dreams?
(a) The Spirit of Evil.
(d) His children he left behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Gimpel he can do regarding his marriage?
2. At the end of Elka's life, what does Gimpel spend a fortune on?
3. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
4. When the second dream person appears to Gimpel, what do they look like?
5. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)