|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
(a) A lump of pillows.
(b) Nothing--he made it all up.
(c) A hallucination.
(d) The shadow of a beam.
2. Who does Gimpel blame for his vengeance?
(a) The townspeople.
3. What does the person Gimpel confronts tell Gimpel to do?
(a) See an herb doctor or healer, as something is wrong with Gimpel's head.
(b) Leave Elkaif he truely loves her.
(c) Bake some break for dinner that night.
(d) Admit that he isn't actually Elka's husband.
4. At the end of the story, what does Gimpel say about the world we live in?
(a) It is hell.
(b) It is the work of the Spirit of Evil.
(c) It is in fact heaven.
(d) It is imaginary and once removed.
5. Instead of God or an afterlife, what does the the person in Gimpel's dream say is there?
(a) Another life on earth.
(b) Eternal sleep.
(d) A thick mire.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
2. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
3. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
4. After her big confession to Gimpel, what does Elka do?
5. In order to avoid a scandal, what does Gimpel do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)