|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask Gimpel to do?
(a) Make sure she is cremated.
(b) Check on the goat one last time.
(c) Take care of his children.
(d) Forgive her.
2. As Gimpel ages, what does he say he comes to understand?
(a) He has passed his test.
(b) Elka wronged him.
(c) There really are no lies.
(d) He should've left his hometown long ago.
3. When Gimpel has returned home after being separated and he has completed Elka's errand, what does he ask her?
(a) Why the kids aren't in bed.
(b) Where the apprentice went.
(c) How she has been.
(d) If she missed him.
4. After Gimpel and Elka's separation, why does Gimpel not want a scandal?
(a) He doesn't want to look foolish.
(b) He is tired of drama.
(c) People will accuse him of raising spooks and no one will want the bread he bakes.
(d) He doesn't want people to think badly of Elka.
5. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
(a) Say extra prayers for Gimpel and his family.
(b) Admit they were wrong.
(c) Find an obscure reference in Maimonides that favors Gimpel.
(d) Supply food.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after Gimpel has returned home from a long separation from Elka, who does Gimpel confront?
2. How do townspeople react to Gimpel's actions regarding the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
3. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
4. In order to right his wrongfully attempted vengeance, what does Gimpel do?
5. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)