|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the apprentice give Gimpel?
(a) The baker will be mad if Gimpel sends Elka too much food.
(b) Ignore the townspeople and their long-tongued babble.
(c) Watch out for the farmer for he wants Elka.
(d) If he prays with Elka their marriage will beome stronger.
2. How does Gimpel survive after leaving Frampol?
(a) By sheepherding.
(b) By scamming people.
(c) Through good people who do not neglect him.
(d) Through the help of the synagogue.
3. When Gimpel awakens after dreaming of Elka, what mementos does he have?
(a) The feel of Elka's lips and taste of her tears.
(b) Scratches from the Spirit of Evil.
(c) Stray hairs from his children.
(d) An ancient Torah by his bed of straw.
4. What does Gimpel do during his travels?
(a) Spin yarns (tell stories).
(b) Beg for money and drink ale.
(c) Sleep a lot.
(d) Bake bread.
5. By the time he is older, how has Gimpel's career progressed?
(a) He owns his own bakery and is considered to be a rich man.
(b) He has become a farmer.
(c) He became wealthy by selling off his children.
(d) He is the poorest baker in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel told while he is dreaming on his travels?
2. Who is the author of "Gimpel the Fool"?
3. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
4. If Gimpel follows through with his plan of vengeance, what does he fear he'll lose?
5. Who does Gimpel use to send Elka food?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)