|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi say Gimpel cannot do?
(a) Forgive Elka.
(b) Contact Elka.
(d) Divorce Elka.
2. What festivities occurred at Gimpel and Elka's wedding?
(a) Poker and Yahtzee were played.
(b) Eating contests.
(c) None--no one came to the wedding.
(d) Drinking, singing and dancing.
3. Gimpel is what?
(b) Audio Assistant.
(d) Overweight child.
4. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
(a) Trip and fall.
(b) Kiss the wall.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Give her some bread.
5. When Gimpel asks Elka about all the negative things he has heard about her and asks that she not be deceitful, what does Elka say?
(a) "They are the fools."
(b) "To hell with THEM!"
(c) "Whoever tries to twist you up may his nose make a twist."
(d) "For he who causes his neighbor to feel shame loses Paradise himself."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the child named after?
2. What is Gimpel's nickname?
3. If Elka's premarital request isn't met, what does she say can happen?
4. What is Gimpel's reasoning for considering marrying Elka?
5. What does Gimpel say about his ability to fight back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gimpel do to right his wrongful plot of revenge?
2. Where are Gimpel and Elka married, and why?
3. How does Gimpel feel about the pranks that are pulled on him?
4. At the end of the story, what is Gimpel ready to do and how does he feel about it?
5. Why is Gimpel called a fool?
6. What does Elka say about the child?
7. Briefly describe how Gimpel is talked into meeting Elka.
8. What does Gimpel ask of Elka when he first visits her at her house?
9. How far does Gimpel go towards revenge?
10. Describe the setting of Gimpel the Fool.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)