|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gimpel do while Elka is in childbirth?
(a) Visits the Rabbi.
(b) Holds Elka's hand while she screams.
(c) Waits outside the birthing quarters and prays.
(d) Visits the House of Prayer and repeats psalms.
2. Where does Gimpel want to go?
(a) To hell.
(c) Off to another town.
3. When Gimpel bluntly states that Elka has borne a bastard, what does Elka claim?
(a) The child is a miracle from God.
(b) Gimpel is the father.
(c) Gimpel knew she was pregnant when he married her.
(d) She has borne the new Jesus.
4. What does Elka give birth to?
(a) A Boy.
(b) A Hermaphrodite.
(c) A Girl.
5. What is the first thing Gimpel says about himself?
(a) He thinks himself a fool.
(b) He doesn't think himself a fool.
(c) He thinks himself handsome.
(d) He doesn't think himself worthy of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Rabbi hears what Gimpel has said about Elka's infidelity, what does he say?
2. What does a mid-week event allow Gimpel to do?
3. What advice is given to Gimpel?
4. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
5. What festivities occurred at Gimpel and Elka's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the birth, who does Gimpel go to for advice and what is said?
2. What do the children of the world call Gimpel and ask him to do?
3. After months of separation from his family, why doesn't Gimpel want a scandal?
4. Why is Gimpel called a fool?
5. What does Gimpel feel and do for the baby?
6. What does the Spirit of Evil say about God and the afterlife?
7. What does Elka do on her wedding night and what is her reasoning for it?
8. After the first childbirth, how does Gimpel feel about Elka and what does he do for her?
9. What does the rabbi's daughter tell Gimpel to do and why is this important?
10. Who is Gimpel the Fool?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)