Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the feast celebrating the birth of their child, what does Elka ask Gimpel?
(a) If he is happy.
(b) Why he is silent.
(c) Why he isn't tired.
(d) If he still loves her.
2. The morning after talking with the Rabbi, what does Gimpel say after he arrives at his destination?
(a) He is in love with Elka and will never leave.
(b) He is hungry and needs bread.
(c) He is happy to be in a new place.
(d) He has made a mistake.
3. Does Gimpel believe Elka's story about the child?
(b) Yes, but he knows he can't tell fact from fiction, so really no.
(d) He isn't sure.
4. When Gimpel hints that Elka has fooled him, how does Elka respond?
(a) She pretends not to know what he is talking about.
(b) She tells him that he is in fact a fool.
(c) She begins to sob uncontrollably.
(d) She is silent.
5. Where does Gimpel want to go?
(c) Off to another town.
(d) To hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gimpel's profession?
2. After Gimpel enters his house, what does he hear?
3. Who wants Gimpel to marry Elka?
4. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
5. What happens when the sexton announces the birth of Gimpel's child at the synagogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. After claiming he has made a mistake about what he saw at home in Chapter 2, what must happen regarding the rabbi, and what is Gimpel allowed to do?
2. What happens nine months after Gimpel and Elka are separated?
3. Describe the messenger that Gimpel uses to send his family supplies during his separation from his family.
4. After the first childbirth, how does Gimpel feel about Elka and what does he do for her?
5. What does Elka say about the child?
6. Describe Gimpel and Elka's home life.
7. What expression is Elka wearing when she dies, and what does Gimpel think this means?
8. Who does Gimpel visit the day after he returned home early from the bakery, and what is he told to do?
9. Where does Gimpel go when he leaves Frampol, and who takes care of him?
10. What does Gimpel say about his situation and what others would do if they were he?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)