|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Gimpel by his nickname?
(a) His parents.
(b) The rabbi.
(c) The townspeople.
2. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) A farmer.
(c) His Grandfather.
(d) His Uncle.
3. What does Elka give birth to?
(a) A Girl.
(b) A Boy.
(d) A Hermaphrodite.
4. How are Elka's premarital demands met?
(a) The townspeople take up a collection.
(b) Gimpel buys a dog.
(c) Gimpel takes a mistress.
(d) Gimpel builds a new house.
5. Where does Gimpel live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Gimpel give that the child is not his?
2. What does a mid-week event allow Gimpel to do?
3. Rather than get angry himself, what does Gimpel do when presented with a prank?
4. Who is the child named after?
5. Instead of raisins, what do the other children put in Gimpel's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Spirit of Evil say about God and the afterlife?
2. What occurs during Gimpel's wedding?
3. What does Gimpel say about his situation and what others would do if they were he?
4. Why doesn't Gimpel get angry in Chapter 2 when he returns home early from the bakery? What does Gimpel do instead?
5. Who is Gimpel the Fool?
6. What happens when Gimpel returns from checking on the goat?
7. Describe a few pranks played on Gimpel.
8. What happens four months after the wedding and how does Gimpel react?
9. What is Gimpel's living situation as a child?
10. Who is the second person to appear to Gimpel while he is sleeping, and how does that person look?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)