|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elka tell Gimpel has happened on their wedding night?
(a) She has gotten her monthly.
(b) She has already bought another house.
(c) She has decided that she wants more children.
(d) She has a headache.
2. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
(a) A farmer.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) His Grandfather.
(d) His Uncle.
3. How does Gimpel begin to forget his sorrow?
(a) He loves the little boy.
(b) He loves the little girl.
(c) He works extra long hours.
(d) He sleeps more.
4. What is evident when Gimpel visits Elka?
(a) She is surprised to see him.
(b) She doesn't like him.
(c) She already knows who he is.
(d) She secretly loves him.
5. Who wants Gimpel to marry Elka?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) The Farmer.
(c) His parents.
(d) The townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wedding gift made Gimpel suspicious?
2. After wanting to go home mid-week, who does Gimpel go to for advice?
3. How does Gimpel begin to feel about Elka?
4. Who is the child named after?
5. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gimpel ask of Elka when he first visits her at her house?
2. Who does Gimpel visit the day after he returned home early from the bakery, and what is he told to do?
3. Describe the messenger that Gimpel uses to send his family supplies during his separation from his family.
4. What expression is Elka wearing when she dies, and what does Gimpel think this means?
5. Who is the second person to appear to Gimpel while he is sleeping, and how does that person look?
6. After much consideration, what does the rabbi say to Gimpel regarding Elka's infidelity?
7. What does Gimpel say about his situation and what others would do if they were he?
8. What is Gimpel's religion and how do we know this?
9. After claiming he has made a mistake about what he saw at home in Chapter 2, what must happen regarding the rabbi, and what is Gimpel allowed to do?
10. At the end of the story, what mementos does Gimpel awaken with after dreaming?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)