|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats up on Gimpel?
(b) The baker.
(c) Elka's "little brother"/bastard.
(d) The townspeople.
2. How are Elka's premarital demands met?
(a) The townspeople take up a collection.
(b) Gimpel takes a mistress.
(c) Gimpel builds a new house.
(d) Gimpel buys a dog.
3. The morning after talking with the Rabbi, where does Gimpel go?
(a) To see the Rabbi again.
(b) To see Elka.
(c) To see the baker.
(d) To another town.
4. Who is the child's favorite person?
(b) Tha Baker.
(d) The Rabbi.
5. What festivities occurred at Gimpel and Elka's wedding?
(a) Poker and Yahtzee were played.
(b) Eating contests.
(c) None--no one came to the wedding.
(d) Drinking, singing and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gimpel have to live with someone other than his parents?
2. What advice is given to Gimpel?
3. What is the first thing Gimpel says about himself?
4. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi tell Gimpel to do?
5. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the story, what mementos does Gimpel awaken with after dreaming?
2. After claiming he has made a mistake about what he saw at home in Chapter 2, what must happen regarding the rabbi, and what is Gimpel allowed to do?
3. Describe a few pranks played on Gimpel.
4. Describe Gimpel and Elka's home life.
5. What does Gimpel ask of Elka when he first visits her at her house?
6. Describe the setting of Gimpel the Fool.
7. After months of separation, what is the first thing Elka asks Gimpel to do when she sees him, and why?
8. What does the rabbi's daughter tell Gimpel to do and why is this important?
9. How is Elka abusive towards Gimpel?
10. While on her deathbed, what does Elka ask of Gimpel and why?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)