|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said about Elka at the wedding ceremony?
(a) She smells bad.
(b) She is both a widow and divorced.
(c) She doesn't really love Gimpel.
(d) She isn't fit to be wed.
2. When people glare at the child, what does Gimpel do?
(a) Gets the child an abracadabra.
(b) Tells the child to get used to it, for the child is a bastard.
(c) Soothes the child with coos and words of love.
(d) Punches the glaring person in the mouth.
3. What does the delivery person say about Gimpel's family?
(a) Gimpel's family smells bad.
(b) Gimpel's family is too small.
(c) Gimpel's family doesn't deserve all the food that Gimpel sends.
(d) Gimpel has a decent wife and two fine kids that he doesn't deserve.
4. What happens mid-week at the bakery?
(a) Gimpel gets fired from his job.
(b) Gimpel meets a new love interest.
(c) The oven bursts and almost causes a fire.
(d) Gimpel is caught stealing bread.
5. What advice is given to Gimpel?
(a) That he should bake more bread.
(b) That he should laugh off the jokes.
(c) That he his not a fool. They are the fools.
(d) That he is foolish and should accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
2. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
3. How long does Gimpel live with Elka?
4. Who calls Gimpel by his nickname?
5. What is Gimpel resolved to do while he is separated from Elka?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)