|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Rabbi hears what Gimpel has said about Elka's infidelity, what does he say?
(a) He knew that Gimpel would be happy in a new town.
(b) Gimpel eats too much.
(c) Elka deserves to be loved and forgiven.
(d) He will have to reconsider the case.
2. When Gimpel asks Elka about all the negative things he has heard about her and asks that she not be deceitful, what does Elka say?
(a) "Whoever tries to twist you up may his nose make a twist."
(b) "To hell with THEM!"
(c) "For he who causes his neighbor to feel shame loses Paradise himself."
(d) "They are the fools."
3. Rather than get angry himself, what does Gimpel do when presented with a prank?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Believes the pranksters and hopes it does them some good.
(c) Calmly tells the pranksters he knows a joke when he hears one.
(d) Laughs and then tries the same joke on someone else.
4. If Elka's premarital request isn't met, what does she say can happen?
(a) She will scream.
(b) Everyone can kiss her you-know-what.
(c) She will berate the townspeople until her needs are met.
(d) She will cry.
5. What does Gimpel steal for Elka?
(d) Baby clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the child named after?
2. Where does Gimpel live?
3. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi tell Gimpel to do?
4. Who is the child's favorite person?
5. What is happening as Gimpel walks to Elka's house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)