|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After wanting to go home mid-week, who does Gimpel go to for advice?
(a) The baby.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The farmer.
(d) The baker.
2. What is the true relation of the person who lives with Elka?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her illegitimate son.
(d) He is her brother.
3. What wedding gift made Gimpel suspicious?
(a) A shovel and a set of knives.
(c) A crib.
(d) A Bible.
4. What does Gimpel say most men would do in his situation?
(a) Work more.
(b) Sleep more.
(c) Demand more sex from his wife.
(d) Take French leave and disappear.
5. The morning after talking with the Rabbi, where does Gimpel go?
(a) To see the baker.
(b) To see Elka.
(c) To another town.
(d) To see the Rabbi again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although he is furious, why doesn't Gimpel awaken Elka in a rage?
2. What is the first thing Gimpel says about himself?
3. If Elka's premarital request isn't met, what does she say can happen?
4. Traditionally, what were husbands supposed to do while their wives were in childbirth?
5. Who is the third person that Gimpel has to live with?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)