|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Elka's premarital request isn't met, what does she say can happen?
(a) She will berate the townspeople until her needs are met.
(b) Everyone can kiss her you-know-what.
(c) She will scream.
(d) She will cry.
2. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
(a) Give her some bread.
(b) Kiss the wall.
(c) Trip and fall.
(d) Kiss her.
3. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
(a) Gimpel's parents.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) The Baker.
4. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
(a) He will kill Elka first.
(b) He will see what comes of it.
(c) He is resolved to embrace Christianity.
(d) He will run for his life.
5. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
(a) His Uncle.
(b) His Grandfather.
(c) A farmer.
(d) The Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story?
2. What is Gimpel's reasoning for considering marrying Elka?
3. What does Gimpel say about his ability to fight back?
4. Judging by Gimpel's description, how is Elka's current living situation?
5. What happens whenever Gimpel doesn't believe the pranksters?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)