|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wedding gift made Gimpel suspicious?
(b) A shovel and a set of knives.
(c) A crib.
(d) A Bible.
2. Who is the third person that Gimpel has to live with?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) The Farmer.
(c) The Baker.
3. What festivities occurred at Gimpel and Elka's wedding?
(a) Eating contests.
(b) Drinking, singing and dancing.
(c) Poker and Yahtzee were played.
(d) None--no one came to the wedding.
4. After seeing the suspicious wedding gift, what is Gimpel's resolution?
(a) He will kill Elka first.
(b) He will run for his life.
(c) He will see what comes of it.
(d) He is resolved to embrace Christianity.
5. Where does Gimpel want to go?
(b) Off to another town.
(c) To hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the townspeople afraid of Elka?
2. Who calls Gimpel by his nickname?
3. What does Gimpel say about his ability to fight back?
4. When Gimpel states that he will "never marry that whore", what do the townspeople say?
5. What is Gimpel's defense against being called foolish?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)