|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said about Elka at the wedding ceremony?
(a) She is both a widow and divorced.
(b) She isn't fit to be wed.
(c) She smells bad.
(d) She doesn't really love Gimpel.
2. Who does Gimpel go to for advice?
(a) The Farmer.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) His parents.
(d) The Baker.
3. Where are Gimpel and Elka married?
(a) Their new house.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The bakery.
4. When Gimpel states that he will "never marry that whore", what do the townspeople say?
(a) That Elka is a prostitute.
(b) That no one blames him if he doesn't want to marry Elka.
(c) That he should be glad that she's easy.
(d) That he should be ashamed of giving Elka a bad name and they can have him fined by the Rabbi.
5. What is happening as Gimpel walks to Elka's house?
(a) The Baker is running after Gimpel to talk him out of it.
(b) The townspeople are hollering and chorusing.
(c) It starts to rain.
(d) The Rabbi is advising Gimpel on how to propose to Elka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rather than get angry himself, what does Gimpel do when presented with a prank?
2. What do Gimpel and Elka have in common?
3. What wedding gift made Gimpel suspicious?
4. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
5. When he visits Elka's house, what takes Gimpel's breath away?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)