|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gimpel's objection to Elka's premarital requirement?
(a) He doesn't want to be celibate.
(b) He tells her it's the bride, not the groom, who offers a dowry.
(c) He is allergic to dogs.
(d) He tells her he already has a house built for them.
2. Who is the main character of the story?
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The Devil.
3. What falsehood do the townspeople tell Gimpel about Elka?
(a) Elka can't wait to meet Gimpel.
(b) Elka is a Christian.
(c) Elka is a chaste maiden.
(d) Elka is in love with Gimpel.
4. Who calls Gimpel by his nickname?
(a) His parents.
(b) The rabbi.
(d) The townspeople.
5. What is Gimpel's nickname?
(a) Gimpel the Butthead.
(b) Gimpel the Dunce.
(c) Gimpel the Fool.
(d) Gimpel the Stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
2. What do Gimpel and Elka have in common?
3. What is Gimpel's reasoning for considering marrying Elka?
4. Instead of raisins, what do the other children put in Gimpel's hand?
5. What happens whenever Gimpel doesn't believe the pranksters?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)