|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gimpel's reasoning in the resolution that he reached while separated from his wife?
(a) If he is Christian he wont be harassed as much.
(b) If he divorces Elka she will look like the fool.
(c) What's the good of not believing? Today it's your wife you don't belive, tomorrow it's God.
(d) He will get revenge on the townspeople for making him marry Elka.
2. After Gimpel enters his house, what does he hear?
(a) The baby crying.
(b) Elka fighting with his new girlfriend.
(c) Double snores.
(d) Elka sobbing.
3. Who is the third person that Gimpel has to live with?
(a) The Baker.
(c) The Farmer.
(d) The Rabbi.
4. What did the person do that Gimpel owes thanks to?
(a) Say extra prayers for Gimpel and his family.
(b) Find an obscure reference in Maimonides that favors Gimpel.
(c) Supply food.
(d) Admit they were wrong.
5. When the rabbi sends for Gimpel, after a long separation from Elka, what does the rabbi ask?
(a) If Gimpel is ready to marry someone else.
(b) If Gimpel is sure he was wrong about his wife.
(c) If Gimpel has been praying enough.
(d) If Gimpel is ready to divorce Elka.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elka look when Gimpel visits her home?
2. After wanting to go home mid-week, who does Gimpel go to for advice?
3. While Elka is in labor, what does she scream to Gimpel?
4. What festivities occurred at Gimpel and Elka's wedding?
5. How does Gimpel rationalize Elka's behavior?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)