|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gimpel go to for advice?
(a) The Farmer.
(b) His parents.
(c) The Baker.
(d) The Rabbi.
2. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Admit her wrongdoing.
(b) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
(c) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(d) Beg for forgiveness.
3. Where are Gimpel and Elka married?
(a) Their new house.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The synagogue.
(d) The cemetery.
4. Because of Gimpel's thieving, what happens to Elka?
(a) She becomes fat and handsome.
(b) She becomes rich.
(c) She becomes over-accessorized.
(d) She becomes the mother of the best-dressed baby in the land.
5. What is happening as Gimpel walks to Elka's house?
(a) The Rabbi is advising Gimpel on how to propose to Elka.
(b) The Baker is running after Gimpel to talk him out of it.
(c) The townspeople are hollering and chorusing.
(d) It starts to rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elka tell Gimpel has happened on their wedding night?
2. What does Gimpel say his foolishness consists of?
3. What happens four months after Gimpel and Elka get married?
4. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
5. Who is the child named after?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)