|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Gimpel to Elka's house?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The Rabbi.
(c) The Baker.
(d) Gimpel's parents.
2. What story does Elka tell Gimpel in an attempt to convince him that the child is his?
(a) Gimpel was drunk one night nine months ago and came to visit her.
(b) Elka's grandmother, whom she resembles, carried for the same short amount of time.
(c) The child has Gimpel's nose and ears.
(d) An angel came to Elka in a dream and told her she would be the mother to the second coming of Christ.
3. When Gimpel has returned home after being separated and he has completed Elka's errand, what does he ask her?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) Where the apprentice went.
(c) How she has been.
(d) Why the kids aren't in bed.
4. What does Elka confess on her deathbed?
(a) Their children are not Gimpel's.
(b) She doesn't believe in God.
(c) She has always loved Gimpel.
(d) She has never loved Gimpel.
5. As a joke, what do the townspeople tell Gimpel has happened to his parents?
(a) They have risen from the dead and are looking for him.
(b) They are in debt and have sold him to the farmer.
(c) They have moved to another town and left Gimpel behind.
(d) They have died.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his parents, who does Gimpel go to live with?
2. What does Elka give birth to?
3. What advice is given to Gimpel?
4. What is the true relation of the person who lives with Elka?
5. When did Gimpel's opinion of the person who delivered bread to Elka for him change?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)