|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gimpel go to for advice?
(a) The Farmer.
(b) The Baker.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) His parents.
2. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
(a) He neither saw nor heard, simply believed.
(b) He was angered by these events.
(c) Because of these things he left Elka.
(d) They only happened in his mind.
3. How had Gimpel felt previously about the person who brought Elka the food and money from Gimpel?
(a) Gimpel had thought he was a curmudgeon.
(b) Gimpel had seen him as a fellow fool.
(c) Gimpel had thought he was a busybody.
(d) Gimpel had seen him as an annoyance.
4. Why does Gimpel have to live with someone other than his parents?
(a) His dad died and his mother didn't want him.
(b) He was a bad child.
(c) He didn't like his parents.
(d) Both of his parents died.
5. What happens when the sexton announces the birth of Gimpel's child at the synagogue?
(a) Gimpel is deafened with sobbing.
(b) The House of Prayer rings with laughter.
(c) The congregation cheers.
(d) There is silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gimpel steal for Elka?
2. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
3. What does Gimpel tell Elka on her deathbed?
4. Who beats up on Gimpel?
5. Why are the townspeople afraid of Elka?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)