|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the next issue following the Supreme Court's ruling in Gideon's favor?
2. Why does the right to an attorney issue become even greater on the state level?
3. Which of the following is true of Jacobs prior to the Supreme Court case?
4. Who is the Attorney General in 1963?
5. Attorneys should view questions as _______________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall settings for the story. What is important about each setting as it is revealed? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the people?
Essay Topic 2
There is a saying that "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." Clearly Gideon was set up for failure in trying to represent himself but what do you think of his methods? Was he on the right track? Was he intelligent enough to do a decent job with a little bit of guidance? Do you think Gideon thought he did a good job, at least before the verdict was read? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Abe Fortas. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What is his primary motivation?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)