Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Justice makes the point that all the prisoners currently jailed without counsel were entitled to an attorney ________________________.
2. What did retired Justice Frankfurter say about Gideon vs. Wainwright?
3. What would add to chaos if the Betts rule were to be overturned?
4. Why was the Betts case able to prevail in 1942?
5. Who is the law student who works on research for Fortas?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall settings for the story. What is important about each setting as it is revealed? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the people?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book GIDEON'S TRUMPET when Gideon is clearly not a musician? Expand your thinking and provide the best answer you can think of.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)