|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
(a) If Cook had a grudge against Gideon.
(b) If Cook had an arrest record.
(c) Why Cook was on the street at that time of the morning.
(d) If Cook had a job.
2. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
(a) Yvette Mimieux.
(b) Babs Devereaux.
(c) Tonya Robichaux.
(d) Ruth Babineaux.
3. Why was Gideon in the hospital during this time?
(a) He had gallbladder surgery.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He had A-typical tuberculosis.
(d) He had pneumonia.
4. Abe Fortas had previously argued the case that expanded the Supreme Court's ruling on ____________.
(a) Tax evasion.
(d) Pre-meditated murder.
5. In what city in Florida did Gideon reside?
(d) Panama City.
6. How many children does Gideon have?
(a) Three and a stepdaughter.
(c) One and three stepchildren.
(d) Two and two stepchildren.
7. In Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's document, Gideon states that he can't cite laws such as the Florida Attorney General has, but that he "_____________________________."
(a) Is trying to learn the best he can.
(b) Knows there are many of them.
(c) Has good intentions.
(d) But he will look them up if it takes forever.
8. What legislation gives the Supreme Court Justices the freedom to decide which cases they will hear?
(a) The NAACP Bill.
(b) The NATO Treaty.
(c) The Judge's Bill of 1925.
(d) The Fourteenth Amendment.
9. Other than Gideon, who is the only person who could have filed Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court?
(a) His son.
(b) His attorney.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
10. For what crime is Gideon serving time in prison?
(b) Statutory Rape.
(c) Petty larceny.
(d) Grand Theft Auto.
11. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
12. How old was Gideon when he ran away from home to escape his strict stepfather?
13. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
14. What role does Gideon take on in helping other inmates?
(d) Legal expert.
15. What does Henry Cook state that Gideon had in his hand when he saw him on the morning of June 3?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pizza.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gideon work after getting out of a reformatory?
2. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
3. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
4. Henry Cook states that at the poolroom, the front was off the cigarette machine and ___________________.
5. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)