Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the central person in GIDEON'S TRUMPET?
Clarence Earl Gideon.
2. How old is Gideon?
3. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
4. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
5. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
6. With whom does Gideon file a petition?
The U.S. Supreme Court.
7. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
8. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
He had no attorney at his trial.
9. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
It is handwritten.
10. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
All of these.
11. For what crime is Gideon serving time in prison?
12. What establishment...
This section contains 2,787 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)