|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a legal brief in support of Gideon after Walter Mondale's letter is circulated?
(a) General George Patton.
(b) General Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) General Johnson Hall.
(d) General Gerald A. Berlin.
2. What is the question the Justices say is before them when deciding to hear Gideon's case?
(a) How many more men like Clarence Earl Gideon are sitting in America's prisons?
(b) Are we not bound to provide legal justice for all men in this country?
(c) Should this Court's holding in Betts vs. Brady, 316 U.S. 455, be reconsiderd?
(d) Why should the U.S. Supreme Court have to get involved with a petty larceny case?
3. Why does Gideon say he had so many coins on him?
(a) He broke into a piggy bank.
(b) He used them for gambling.
(c) He collects them.
(d) He denies having any coins.
4. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(a) West Coast.
(b) New England.
5. How many other states sign Berlin's legal brief?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization submits a brief in support of Gideon's petition?
2. Which of the following is true of Gideon's case?
3. For how long are Supreme Court Justices on the bench?
4. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
5. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)