|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the formal name of Gideon's Supreme Court case?
(a) Gideon vs. The State of Florida.
(b) Gideon vs. The United States of America.
(c) Gideon vs. Wainwright.
(d) Gideon vs. Cochran.
2. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
(a) There is video tape of Gideon stealing.
(b) He has a right to question the jury.
(c) He has a right to cross examine witnesses.
(d) He could have an attorney if he just asked for one.
3. How many other states sign Berlin's legal brief?
4. Overall, the courts deal with ____________ while the legislature deals with abstraction in large numbers.
(a) Retarded people.
(b) Lifetime criminals.
5. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
(a) It exceeds the page count limit.
(b) It is sent via email.
(c) It is handwritten.
(d) It is on audio tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question the Justices say is before them when deciding to hear Gideon's case?
2. What is the next issue following the Supreme Court's ruling in Gideon's favor?
3. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
4. Why was the Betts case able to prevail in 1942?
5. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)