|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does George Mantz say that draws laughter from the Justices?
(a) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
(b) Hope springs eternal.
(c) The early bird catches the worm.
(d) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
2. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(b) due process.
(c) a phone call.
3. Jacob contends that the basis for his case is about _________________, not an attorney.
(a) The Fourteenth Amendment.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) States' rights.
(d) The Attorney General.
4. Why did Gideon never move his family out of Panama City?
(a) He never had the money.
(b) They had family in the area.
(c) His wife didn't want to move.
(d) They didn't want to leave their school.
5. Who writes a legal brief in support of Gideon after Walter Mondale's letter is circulated?
(a) General George Patton.
(b) General Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) General Johnson Hall.
(d) General Gerald A. Berlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Mantz of ____________ admits that his state's courts could soon follow the trend to appoint attorneys in all cases.
2. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
3. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
4. Why does Henry Cook state that he was at the poolroom at that early hour of the morning?
5. What "stupid answer" does Jacob give in response to a Justice?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)