|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would be the benefit of a public defender's office?
(a) Knowledge of judges.
(b) Knowledge of courts.
(c) Familiarity with areas.
(d) Better compensation.
2. Abe Fortas had previously argued the case that expanded the Supreme Court's ruling on ____________.
(c) Pre-meditated murder.
(d) Tax evasion.
3. George Mantz of ____________ admits that his state's courts could soon follow the trend to appoint attorneys in all cases.
4. Who typed Jacob's legal brief in the Gideon case?
(a) Jacob's wife.
(b) Legal secretary.
(c) Law clerk.
(d) Personal assistant.
5. For what crime is Gideon serving time in prison?
(a) Grand Theft Auto.
(b) Statutory Rape.
(c) Petty larceny.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
2. Why does Henry Cook state that he was at the poolroom at that early hour of the morning?
3. Which are the only two states to stand with Florida on the right to an attorney position?
4. With what organization is Tobias Simon associated?
5. Which of the following is NOT an area in which Abe Fortas is familiar?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)