|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime is Gideon serving time in prison?
(a) Petty larceny.
(b) Grand Theft Auto.
(d) Statutory Rape.
2. What is a legal document submitted to the Supreme Court from anyone who may have something helpful to add to a case?
(a) Federal Affiliation.
(c) Good Neighbor.
(d) Amicus Curiae.
3. Who writes a legal brief in support of Gideon after Walter Mondale's letter is circulated?
(a) General George Patton.
(b) General Johnson Hall.
(c) General Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) General Gerald A. Berlin.
4. Which of the following helped Turner know that Cook was guilty and not Gideon?
(a) Turner knew that big ads blocked the windows.
(b) All of these.
(c) Turner knew the layout of the poolroom.
(d) Turner had spent time in the poolroom neighborhood.
5. Which of the following do the Supreme Court Justices have?
(a) All of these.
(c) Core ideals.
(d) Individual ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. A famous line in Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court reads: "It makes no difference how old I am or what color I am or __________________________."
2. Why does the Florida Attorney General say Gideon did not have the right to counsel?
3. Walter Mondale of Minnesota wrote to Jacob that all __________________ should have a lawyer.
4. What is the name of another case in Florida that is similar to Gideon's regarding right to an attorney?
5. What comment does George Mantz say that draws laughter from the Justices?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)