|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(b) a phone call.
(d) due process.
2. Is Gideon guaranteed an attorney during a Supreme Court trial?
(d) Yes, if he can pay a retainer.
3. A famous line in Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court reads: "It makes no difference how old I am or what color I am or __________________________."
(a) How much money I make.
(b) How long I have lived her.
(c) What church I belong to if any.
(d) How many kids I have.
4. In the Betts vs. Brady case in 1942, in what state did Smith Betts live?
5. The Supreme Court always seems to take the word of the person who claims _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In most cases the majority of the work falls on _________________.
2. At what type of work does Gideon say he could make a living?
3. What would happen to the appeals process if Gideon's appeal is approved?
4. The Supreme Court is bound not so much by laws as by the trends and ____________ of the Justices who serve.
5. Who did Gideon marry in 1955?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)