|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the case in which six black boys were accused of rape of two white girls in 1932?
(a) The Scotsboro Case.
(b) The Petersborough Case.
(c) The Alabama Case.
(d) The Missouri Case.
2. In most cases the majority of the work falls on _________________.
(a) The defense attorney.
(b) The defendant.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) The prosecutor's office.
3. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(a) due process.
(d) a phone call.
4. Where does Gideon work after getting out of a reformatory?
(c) Hardware store.
(d) Shoe factory.
5. The Supreme Court is bound not so much by laws as by the trends and ____________ of the Justices who serve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because wages are so low when Gideon moves his family to Florida, what does he do to supplement the income?
2. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
3. How old was Gideon when he ran away from home to escape his strict stepfather?
4. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
5. Who did Gideon marry in 1955?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)