|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe Fortas think would be the best way for the Justices to understand Gideon's case?
(a) They should talk to local judges.
(b) They should listen to interviews of inmates.
(c) They should read Gideon's trial transcripts.
(d) They should go to criminal court and watch a defendant try to defend himself.
2. How many justices sit on the Supreme Court?
3. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
(a) February 8, 1962.
(b) March 24, 1960.
(c) February 14, 1969.
(d) December 24, 1961.
4. What is a legal document submitted to the Supreme Court from anyone who may have something helpful to add to a case?
(a) Good Neighbor.
(c) Federal Affiliation.
(d) Amicus Curiae.
5. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
(a) He had no attorney at his trial.
(b) He had no trial before going to prison.
(c) He had a junior attorney at his trial.
(d) He had to wait six months before going to trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is covered in the issue of federalism?
2. Why does Gideon's family not qualify for welfare?
3. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
4. How does Gideon describe Fortas' legal brief about the case?
5. Why does Gideon say he needs to get out of prison?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)