|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gideon's job in prison?
2. What legislation gives the Supreme Court Justices the freedom to decide which cases they will hear?
(a) The Fourteenth Amendment.
(b) The Judge's Bill of 1925.
(c) The NAACP Bill.
(d) The NATO Treaty.
3. What payment does an attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case receive?
(a) A monthly retainer.
(b) Nothing but his name attached to a Supreme Court case.
(c) A flat fee based on the scope of the trial.
(d) 20% of the damages awarded.
4. The Supreme Court had ruled that a person is not criminally responsible for his actions if he ______________________.
(a) Had a hard childhood.
(b) Suffers a mental disease.
(c) Is going through a divorce.
(d) Was taking certain medications.
5. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
(a) It is handwritten.
(b) It exceeds the page count limit.
(c) It is on audio tape.
(d) It is sent via email.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
2. At what type of work does Gideon say he could make a living?
3. What is the only thing Gideon's landlady testifies to when Gideon questions her?
4. An attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case gets money for ________________.
5. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)