|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
2. What does Gideon tell his attorney is the primary reason he needs to get out of jail?
(a) To show his innocence.
(b) To have surgery.
(c) To make arrangements for his children.
(d) To get a job.
3. Justices of the Supreme Court have a higher power than ____________________.
(a) The President.
(b) The Vice President.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) Any other judge in the country.
4. For what reason has Gideon been summoned to court?
(a) Child custody case.
(b) Noise violations.
(c) Traffic violations.
(d) Divorce proceedings.
5. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(a) West Coast.
(d) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
2. Because wages are so low when Gideon moves his family to Florida, what does he do to supplement the income?
3. Gideon writes a letter of ____________ pages to Abe Fortas to tell him what really happened.
4. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
5. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)