|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
(a) He has a right to cross examine witnesses.
(b) There is video tape of Gideon stealing.
(c) He has a right to question the jury.
(d) He could have an attorney if he just asked for one.
2. Federal law _____________ state law.
(a) is harsher than.
(d) is more lenient than.
3. Abe Fortas indicates that a lawyer would have known that ____________ could have been a defense for the crime.
(b) Righteous anger.
(c) Being high.
4. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
(a) Leave in a cab.
(b) Walk down the street.
(c) All of these.
(d) Use a pay phone.
5. The Supreme Court had ruled that a person is not criminally responsible for his actions if he ______________________.
(a) Is going through a divorce.
(b) Suffers a mental disease.
(c) Had a hard childhood.
(d) Was taking certain medications.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gideon tell his attorney is the primary reason he needs to get out of jail?
2. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
3. With whom does Gideon file a petition?
4. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
5. How many Supreme Court decisions has Gideon read?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)