|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
(a) It is handwritten.
(b) It is sent via email.
(c) It exceeds the page count limit.
(d) It is on audio tape.
2. What legislation gives the Supreme Court Justices the freedom to decide which cases they will hear?
(a) The NATO Treaty.
(b) The NAACP Bill.
(c) The Judge's Bill of 1925.
(d) The Fourteenth Amendment.
3. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
(a) Henry Cook.
(b) Hank Cookson.
(c) Henry Koch.
(d) Harvey Cook.
4. On what type of paper is Gideon's petition written?
(a) Prison paper.
(b) Linen letterhead.
(c) Prison forms.
(d) Regular typing paper.
5. How many justices sit on the Supreme Court?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
2. Gideon writes a letter of ____________ pages to Abe Fortas to tell him what really happened.
3. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
4. What prior case had established the rules for assigning an attorney to a defendant.
5. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)