|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gideon?
2. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
3. An attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case gets money for ________________.
(a) Hourly billing.
(b) Travel to and from Washington D.C.
(c) Hotel accommodations.
(d) Food and entertainment.
4. For what crime is Gideon serving time in prison?
(b) Petty larceny.
(c) Grand Theft Auto.
(d) Statutory Rape.
5. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
(a) Walk down the street.
(b) All of these.
(c) Leave in a cab.
(d) Use a pay phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question the Justices say is before them when deciding to hear Gideon's case?
2. What does Henry Cook state that Gideon had in his hand when he saw him on the morning of June 3?
3. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
4. Why was Gideon in the hospital during this time?
5. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)