|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
(a) Leave in a cab.
(b) Use a pay phone.
(c) All of these.
(d) Walk down the street.
2. Who, other than the Justices, are included in behind closed door sessions when they consider which cases to hear?
(a) One legal secretary.
(b) No one.
(c) The U.S. Attorney General.
(d) Ten Law Clerks.
3. What does each Supreme Court justice receive regarding petitioners' requests?
(a) A copy of the request and any response.
(b) A copy of the opposing response.
(c) A copy of the trial transcript.
(d) A copy of the trial brief.
4. Henry Cook states that at the poolroom, the front was off the cigarette machine and ___________________.
(a) The moneybox was empty.
(b) All the chairs and tables were tipped over.
(c) The door lock was cut with bolt cutters.
(d) There were gunshots in the walls.
5. What establishment was Gideon convicted of robbing?
(a) Flamingo Pawn Shop.
(b) Seabreeze Bar & Grill.
(c) Bay Harbor Poolroom.
(d) Palms and Pawns Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's office that Gideon did not have right to counsel?
2. Who is the clerk who receives Gideon's Supreme Court petition?
3. Abe Fortas had previously argued the case that expanded the Supreme Court's ruling on ____________.
4. Which of the following is NOT an area in which Abe Fortas is familiar?
5. Why does Gideon's family not qualify for welfare?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)