|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
(a) Mentally ill.
(d) All of these.
2. Who, other than the Justices, are included in behind closed door sessions when they consider which cases to hear?
(a) The U.S. Attorney General.
(b) No one.
(c) Ten Law Clerks.
(d) One legal secretary.
3. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
(a) February 14, 1969.
(b) February 8, 1962.
(c) December 24, 1961.
(d) March 24, 1960.
4. What legislation gives the Supreme Court Justices the freedom to decide which cases they will hear?
(a) The Judge's Bill of 1925.
(b) The NATO Treaty.
(c) The Fourteenth Amendment.
(d) The NAACP Bill.
5. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(a) due process.
(b) a phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
2. The Supreme Court had ruled that a person is not criminally responsible for his actions if he ______________________.
3. What does Abe Fortas want before going to trial before representing Gideon?
4. The Supreme Court always seems to take the word of the person who claims _______________.
5. How many justices sit on the Supreme Court?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)