|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes the justices have their ________________ write brief memorandums about the petitioner's file contents.
(b) Legal secretary.
(c) Law clerks.
(d) Personal assistant.
2. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(c) due process.
(d) a phone call.
3. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
(a) Panama City, Florida.
(b) Hollywood, Florida.
(c) Orlando, Florida.
(d) Venice, Florida.
4. What is one caveat for a person who brings a petition before the Supreme Court?
(a) He must be indigent.
(b) He must have money for an attorney.
(c) He must be illiterate.
(d) He must have been hurt by a legal action.
5. What does Abe Fortas want before going to trial before representing Gideon?
(a) A series of phone interviews with Gideon.
(b) A meeting with Gideon.
(c) A big raise.
(d) A transcript of Gideon's previous trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many justices sit on the Supreme Court?
2. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
3. How old is Gideon?
4. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
5. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)