|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, other than the Justices, are included in behind closed door sessions when they consider which cases to hear?
(a) Ten Law Clerks.
(b) The U.S. Attorney General.
(c) One legal secretary.
(d) No one.
2. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
3. Is Gideon guaranteed an attorney during a Supreme Court trial?
(c) Yes, if he can pay a retainer.
4. Who is the central person in GIDEON'S TRUMPET?
(a) Clarence James Thomas.
(b) Clarence Earl Gideon.
(c) James Hall Gideon.
(d) Earl Thomas Ray.
5. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
2. What does each Supreme Court justice receive regarding petitioners' requests?
3. What prior case had established the rules for assigning an attorney to a defendant.
4. On what type of paper is Gideon's petition written?
5. What is one caveat for a person who brings a petition before the Supreme Court?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)