|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
(a) February 14, 1969.
(b) December 24, 1961.
(c) February 8, 1962.
(d) March 24, 1960.
2. Why does the Florida Attorney General say Gideon did not have the right to counsel?
(a) He was insane.
(b) The rules of Betts vs. Brady.
(c) He had too many prior convictions.
(d) He was clearly guilty.
3. An attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case gets money for ________________.
(a) Food and entertainment.
(b) Hourly billing.
(c) Travel to and from Washington D.C.
(d) Hotel accommodations.
4. Is Gideon guaranteed an attorney during a Supreme Court trial?
(a) Yes, if he can pay a retainer.
5. What payment does an attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case receive?
(a) Nothing but his name attached to a Supreme Court case.
(b) A flat fee based on the scope of the trial.
(c) A monthly retainer.
(d) 20% of the damages awarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages does Gideon's Supreme Court petition contain?
2. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
3. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
4. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
5. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)