|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Supreme Court ruled that federal defendants must have lawyers, a ________________ took over in place of any official body creating and funding a system that would work.
(a) Task force.
(b) State committee.
2. What can be said about Gideon in that he stuck to the process of filing an appeal?
3. Who had complete control over deciding who would represent Gideon?
(a) The Justices.
(c) The prison warden.
(d) The Florida State Court.
4. What type of payment do most appointed attorneys get?
(a) An hourly fee.
(c) A retainer.
(d) A set fee.
5. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
2. What would be the benefit of a public defender's office?
3. Because wages are so low when Gideon moves his family to Florida, what does he do to supplement the income?
4. Most prisoners currently jailed without the benefit of an attorney do not have which of the following characteristics that Gideon possesses?
5. Who typed Jacob's legal brief in the Gideon case?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)