|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, other than the Justices, are included in behind closed door sessions when they consider which cases to hear?
(a) Ten Law Clerks.
(b) No one.
(c) The U.S. Attorney General.
(d) One legal secretary.
2. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
3. What is the only thing Gideon's landlady testifies to when Gideon questions her?
(a) She has never seen Gideon drunk.
(b) She thinks Gideon is a good father.
(c) Gideon is always on time with the rent.
(d) Gideon pretty much stays to himself.
4. What would be the benefit of a public defender's office?
(a) Familiarity with areas.
(b) Knowledge of judges.
(c) Better compensation.
(d) Knowledge of courts.
5. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
(a) Why Cook was on the street at that time of the morning.
(b) If Cook had an arrest record.
(c) If Cook had a grudge against Gideon.
(d) If Cook had a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does George Mantz say that draws laughter from the Justices?
2. What is the case in which the the opinion indicates that federal defendants should always have the right to an attorney?
3. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
4. In most cases the majority of the work falls on _________________.
5. What is the question the Justices say is before them when deciding to hear Gideon's case?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)