|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
(a) It is sent via email.
(b) It exceeds the page count limit.
(c) It is handwritten.
(d) It is on audio tape.
2. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
3. Sometimes the justices have their ________________ write brief memorandums about the petitioner's file contents.
(a) Law clerks.
(b) Legal secretary.
(d) Personal assistant.
4. Jacob contends that the basis for his case is about _________________, not an attorney.
(a) The Attorney General.
(b) The Fourteenth Amendment.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) States' rights.
5. Who is the young lawyer assigned to defend the state's position in Gideon's case?
(a) Robert Bruce.
(b) Michael Morris.
(c) Bruce Robert Jacob.
(d) Clayton Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the most important concepts for the Justices is the determination of _________________.
2. Who is the central person in GIDEON'S TRUMPET?
3. The Justice makes the point that all the prisoners currently jailed without counsel were entitled to an attorney ________________________.
4. Who was the director of the federal penitentiary system?
5. Who is the clerk who receives Gideon's Supreme Court petition?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)