|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gideon?
2. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
(a) If Cook had a job.
(b) If Cook had an arrest record.
(c) If Cook had a grudge against Gideon.
(d) Why Cook was on the street at that time of the morning.
3. What is one caveat for a person who brings a petition before the Supreme Court?
(a) He must have been hurt by a legal action.
(b) He must be indigent.
(c) He must have money for an attorney.
(d) He must be illiterate.
4. Abe Fortas knows little of Gideon's first trial and little of _____________________.
(a) Florida prisons.
(b) Gideon himself.
(c) petty larceny.
(d) Florida rules.
5. Abe Fortas had previously argued the case that expanded the Supreme Court's ruling on ____________.
(c) Pre-meditated murder.
(d) Tax evasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gideon in the hospital during this time?
2. Why does Gideon's family not qualify for welfare?
3. Why does Gideon send money to his parents when he is in jail in the mid-1930s?
4. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
5. Because wages are so low when Gideon moves his family to Florida, what does he do to supplement the income?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)