|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gideon on the verge of losing while in jail this time?
(a) Custody of his children.
(b) His mind.
(c) His house.
(d) His job.
2. Where does Abe Fortas practice law?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Orlando, Florida.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
3. On what type of paper is Gideon's petition written?
(a) Prison paper.
(b) Prison forms.
(c) Linen letterhead.
(d) Regular typing paper.
4. The Supreme Court always seems to take the word of the person who claims _______________.
5. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because wages are so low when Gideon moves his family to Florida, what does he do to supplement the income?
2. In Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's document, Gideon states that he can't cite laws such as the Florida Attorney General has, but that he "_____________________________."
3. Why does Gideon's family not qualify for welfare?
4. How many law clerks are available to assist the Supreme Court Justices?
5. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)