|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the U.S. Supreme Court located?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
2. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
(a) All of these.
(d) Mentally ill.
3. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
(a) He has a right to question the jury.
(b) He has a right to cross examine witnesses.
(c) He could have an attorney if he just asked for one.
(d) There is video tape of Gideon stealing.
4. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
(a) Abe Vigoda.
(b) Abe Fortas.
(c) Abe Rothstein.
(d) Abe Fourman.
5. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Gideon, who is the only person who could have filed Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court?
2. Abe Fortas learns that the ______________________ of Gideon's first trial was/were not recorded.
3. What sentence did Gideon receive in his first trial?
4. Where does Gideon work after getting out of a reformatory?
5. The Supreme Court had ruled that a person is not criminally responsible for his actions if he ______________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)