|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
(a) Venice, Florida.
(b) Panama City, Florida.
(c) Orlando, Florida.
(d) Hollywood, Florida.
2. Which of the following is NOT an area in which Abe Fortas is familiar?
(b) Tax law.
(c) U.S. Government.
(d) U.S. Presidents.
3. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(a) New England.
(d) West Coast.
4. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
5. What is the only thing Gideon's landlady testifies to when Gideon questions her?
(a) Gideon is always on time with the rent.
(b) Gideon pretty much stays to himself.
(c) She has never seen Gideon drunk.
(d) She thinks Gideon is a good father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gideon tell his attorney is the primary reason he needs to get out of jail?
2. Abe Fortas indicates that a lawyer would have known that ____________ could have been a defense for the crime.
3. How many pages does Gideon's Supreme Court petition contain?
4. Why does Gideon say he needs to get out of prison?
5. Sometimes the justices have their ________________ write brief memorandums about the petitioner's file contents.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)