|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abe Fortas learns that the ______________________ of Gideon's first trial was/were not recorded.
(a) Judge's ruling.
(b) Witness statements.
(c) Opening and closing arguments.
2. When is Gideon's case forwarded to the Supreme Court Justices?
(a) December 24, 1961.
(b) March 24, 1960.
(c) February 8, 1962.
(d) February 14, 1969.
3. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
(a) Leave in a cab.
(b) Walk down the street.
(c) All of these.
(d) Use a pay phone.
4. Abe Fortas knows little of Gideon's first trial and little of _____________________.
(a) Gideon himself.
(b) petty larceny.
(c) Florida rules.
(d) Florida prisons.
5. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
(a) Henry Cook.
(b) Hank Cookson.
(c) Harvey Cook.
(d) Henry Koch.
Short Answer Questions
1. A famous line in Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court reads: "It makes no difference how old I am or what color I am or __________________________."
2. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
3. On what type of paper is Gideon's petition written?
4. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
5. How many children does Gideon have?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)