|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be said about Gideon in that he stuck to the process of filing an appeal?
2. Why does Gideon send money to his parents when he is in jail in the mid-1930s?
(a) To buy food for his brothers and sisters.
(b) They lost their house in the Great Depression.
(c) To put in a savings account for him.
(d) To pay for legal fees.
3. What is Gideon on the verge of losing while in jail this time?
(a) His job.
(b) His mind.
(c) Custody of his children.
(d) His house.
4. In Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's document, Gideon states that he can't cite laws such as the Florida Attorney General has, but that he "_____________________________."
(a) Is trying to learn the best he can.
(b) Has good intentions.
(c) But he will look them up if it takes forever.
(d) Knows there are many of them.
5. How old was Gideon when his father died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the case in which six black boys were accused of rape of two white girls in 1932?
2. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
3. Who had complete control over deciding who would represent Gideon?
4. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
5. Which of the following is NOT an area in which Abe Fortas is familiar?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)