|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be said about Gideon in that he stuck to the process of filing an appeal?
2. What payment does an attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case receive?
(a) Nothing but his name attached to a Supreme Court case.
(b) A flat fee based on the scope of the trial.
(c) 20% of the damages awarded.
(d) A monthly retainer.
3. The Supreme Court always seems to take the word of the person who claims _______________.
4. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
(a) All of these.
(d) Mentally ill.
5. At what type of work does Gideon say he could make a living?
(a) Electrical wiring.
(b) Car maintenance.
(d) Truck driving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages does Gideon's Supreme Court petition contain?
2. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
3. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
4. Who did Gideon marry in 1955?
5. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)