|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Justices of the Supreme Court have a higher power than ____________________.
(a) The Vice President.
(b) The Attorney General.
(c) Any other judge in the country.
(d) The President.
2. What is the case in which the the opinion indicates that federal defendants should always have the right to an attorney?
(a) Jackman vs. Zerbst.
(b) Johnson vs. Zerbst.
(c) Jackson vs. Zolta.
(d) Johnson vs. Johnson.
3. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
(a) Abe Rothstein.
(b) Abe Vigoda.
(c) Abe Fortas.
(d) Abe Fourman.
4. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
5. Abe Fortas learns that the ______________________ of Gideon's first trial was/were not recorded.
(a) Witness statements.
(c) Judge's ruling.
(d) Opening and closing arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sometimes the justices have their ________________ write brief memorandums about the petitioner's file contents.
2. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
3. How old was Gideon when his father died?
4. Who did Gideon marry in 1955?
5. Gideon writes a letter of ____________ pages to Abe Fortas to tell him what really happened.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)