|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Gideon when his father died?
2. Which of the following is NOT a Justice seated during Gideon's Supreme Court case?
(a) John Marshall Harlan.
(b) Daniel Ellsberg.
(c) Arthur J. Goldberg.
(d) Earl Warren.
3. What sentence did Gideon receive in his first trial?
(a) A life sentence.
(b) Maximum of five years in prison.
(c) Probation and time served.
(d) Minimum of five years in prison.
4. What do some attorneys consider oral arguments to be?
(a) An imperative.
(b) A formality.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) A nuisance.
5. What is the formal name of Gideon's Supreme Court case?
(a) Gideon vs. Cochran.
(b) Gideon vs. Wainwright.
(c) Gideon vs. The United States of America.
(d) Gideon vs. The State of Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Betts vs. Brady case in 1942, in what state did Smith Betts live?
2. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
3. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
4. How does Gideon describe Fortas' legal brief about the case?
5. How old was Gideon when he ran away from home to escape his strict stepfather?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)