|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of another case in Florida that is similar to Gideon's regarding right to an attorney?
(a) Cronin vs. Cochran.
(b) Carney vs. Collins.
(c) Cromwell vs. Cooley.
(d) Carnley vs. Cochran.
2. Abe Fortas indicates that a lawyer would have known that ____________ could have been a defense for the crime.
(a) Being high.
(c) Righteous anger.
3. What is the case in which six black boys were accused of rape of two white girls in 1932?
(a) The Petersborough Case.
(b) The Missouri Case.
(c) The Scotsboro Case.
(d) The Alabama Case.
4. What sentence did Gideon receive in his first trial?
(a) Probation and time served.
(b) A life sentence.
(c) Minimum of five years in prison.
(d) Maximum of five years in prison.
5. What is the only thing Gideon's landlady testifies to when Gideon questions her?
(a) Gideon pretty much stays to himself.
(b) She has never seen Gideon drunk.
(c) She thinks Gideon is a good father.
(d) Gideon is always on time with the rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abe Fortas think would be the best way for the Justices to understand Gideon's case?
2. George Mantz of ____________ admits that his state's courts could soon follow the trend to appoint attorneys in all cases.
3. What can be said about Gideon in that he stuck to the process of filing an appeal?
4. Who does George Mantz say is looking out for defendants with attorneys?
5. Attorneys should view questions as _______________________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)