|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
(a) If Cook had a job.
(b) If Cook had a grudge against Gideon.
(c) Why Cook was on the street at that time of the morning.
(d) If Cook had an arrest record.
2. Gideon is perceived to be intelligent but ______________.
3. What does the judge in Gideon's first trial neglect to tell Gideon?
(a) He has a right to question the jury.
(b) He has a right to cross examine witnesses.
(c) He could have an attorney if he just asked for one.
(d) There is video tape of Gideon stealing.
4. How might Gideon have known about the Carnley vs. Cochran case?
(a) Law books.
5. Lawyers appearing before the Supreme Court should present facts as opposed to ________________.
(c) Lofty ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the case in which the the opinion indicates that federal defendants should always have the right to an attorney?
2. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
3. Abe Fortas learns that the ______________________ of Gideon's first trial was/were not recorded.
4. How does Gideon describe Fortas' legal brief about the case?
5. Who is the new director of the Florida prison system during Gideon's Supreme Court trial?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)