|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abe Fortas think would be the best way for the Justices to understand Gideon's case?
(a) They should talk to local judges.
(b) They should go to criminal court and watch a defendant try to defend himself.
(c) They should read Gideon's trial transcripts.
(d) They should listen to interviews of inmates.
2. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
(a) Babs Devereaux.
(b) Yvette Mimieux.
(c) Tonya Robichaux.
(d) Ruth Babineaux.
3. Attorneys should view questions as _______________________.
(a) Learning experiences.
(b) Formalities to be endured.
(c) Necessary evils.
(d) Opportunities to persuade.
4. One of the Justices asks Jacob if he believes all the prisoners currently jailed without benefit of an attorney are __________________.
5. Most prisoners currently jailed without the benefit of an attorney do not have which of the following characteristics that Gideon possesses?
(b) Educational level.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children and stepchildren does Gideon have with his second wife?
2. Which of the following is true of Jacobs prior to the Supreme Court case?
3. What do some attorneys consider oral arguments to be?
4. Prior to Gideons' Supreme Court case, how many of the nine Justices does Fortas think will rule in his favor?
5. Why was Gideon in the hospital during this time?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)