Chapters 1 and 2
1. Who is the central person in GIDEON'S TRUMPET?
(a) Clarence James Thomas.
(b) Clarence Earl Gideon.
(c) James Hall Gideon.
(d) Earl Thomas Ray.
2. How old is Gideon?
3. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(c) New England.
(d) West Coast.
4. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(b) due process.
(c) a phone call.
5. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
6. With whom does Gideon file a petition?
(a) The Florida Appellate Court.
(b) The NAACP.
(c) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(d) The U.S. Supreme Court.
7. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
8. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
(a) He had a junior attorney at his trial.
(b) He had no attorney at his trial.
(c) He had no trial before going to prison.
(d) He had to wait six months before going to trial.
This section contains 4,641 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)