Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
3. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
5. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
Discuss the motif of materialism in Generation X. How do the main characters feel about materialism? In what way is materialism connected with the characters' families and the setting of the novel? What is a yuppie?
Discuss Coupland's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism found in the novel? How does Coupland use irony to reiterate the themes of the novel?
Discuss the character Dag Bellinghausen. What are his defining character traits? What are his relationships with Andy and Claire like? Is Dag able to become a truth teller by the end of the novel?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)