|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
2. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
3. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
4. What color does Elvissa paint her nails with in Chapter 16?
5. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the writing style of the novel Generation X. How does Coupland convey the tone of the novel? What techniques does Coupland use to connect the writing style with the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Coupland's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism found in the novel? How does Coupland use irony to reiterate the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel, Douglas Coupland. What is his background and how does it relate to Generation X? Is he a Gen X'er?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)