|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
2. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
3. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
4. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
5. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
2. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
3. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
4. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
5. How does Elvissa get her name?
6. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
7. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
8. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
9. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
10. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel, literary fiction. What are the elements of this genre? Why is this novel an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the language of the novel. What is the meaning behind the title of the chapters? Discuss the unique language in the novel. How is the language a reflection of the lifestyles and attitudes of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. How does it end? What happens to the protagonist at the end of the novel? What is the significance of this moment?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)