|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elvissa do for a living?
2. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
3. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
4. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
5. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
2. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
3. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
4. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
5. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
6. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
7. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
8. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
9. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
10. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Coupland's use of irony. How does Coupland use irony to reiterate the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the power of friendship in the novel. What are the relationships between the three main characters like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the language of the novel. What is the meaning behind the title of the chapters? Discuss the unique language in the novel. How is the language a reflection of the lifestyles and attitudes of the main characters?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)