Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
3. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
5. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
Discuss Andy's, Claire's, and Dag's transformation. Do they all grow and transform equally? How do their personal transformations come about? How are their transformations conveyed to the reader? What symbols and metaphors does the author use to illustrate these important events?
Discuss the character Dag Bellinghausen. What are his defining character traits? What are his relationships with Andy and Claire like? Is Dag able to become a truth teller by the end of the novel?
Discuss the climax of the novel. What happens, and why is it significant? How does it impact the protagonist?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)