Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
3. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
5. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Dag Bellinghausen. What are his defining character traits? What are his relationships with Andy and Claire like? Is Dag able to become a truth teller by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel Generation X. Why does Coupland choose Palm Springs as the setting for the novel? Why is it an appropriate setting to explore the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Andy's, Claire's, and Dag's transformation. Do they all grow and transform equally? How do their personal transformations come about? How are their transformations conveyed to the reader? What symbols and metaphors does the author use to illustrate these important events?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)