Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
3. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
5. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Coupland's use of imagery. How does Coupland use irony to reiterate the themes of the novel? What is the meaning behind the imagery found at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of storytelling in Generation X. Why is telling stories such an important past-time for these characters? What are some recurring characteristics of the way they tell their stories? What do their stories reveal about them? What are the rules they have set for storytelling?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character Dag Bellinghausen. What are his defining character traits? What are his relationships with Andy and Claire like? Is Dag able to become a truth teller by the end of the novel?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)