|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Texlahoma?
2. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
3. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
4. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
5. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
2. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
4. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
6. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
7. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
8. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
9. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
10. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the language of the novel. What is the meaning behind the title of the chapters? Discuss the unique language in the novel. How is the language a reflection of the lifestyles and attitudes of the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writing style of the novel Generation X. How does Coupland convey the tone of the novel? What techniques does Coupland use to connect the writing style with the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the power of friendship in the novel. What are the relationships between the three main characters like?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)