|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dag call Andy from in Chapter 12?
2. What does Claire have on her back?
3. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
4. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
5. Who is Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
2. What does Buck ask each of the Monroe girls to do?
3. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
4. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
5. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
6. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
7. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
8. Describe Texlahoma.
9. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
10. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the climax of the novel. What happens, and why is it significant? How does it impact the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel, literary fiction. What are the elements of this genre? Why is this novel an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. How does it end? What happens to the protagonist at the end of the novel? What is the significance of this moment?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)