|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
2. Where does Dag call Andy from in Chapter 12?
3. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
4. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
5. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Dag's story in Chapter 12, what bothers Otis about the postcard he receives from a friend in New Mexico?
2. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
4. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
5. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
6. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
7. What does Buck ask each of the Monroe girls to do?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
10. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel Generation X. Why does Coupland choose Palm Springs as the setting for the novel? Why is it an appropriate setting to explore the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the power of friendship in the novel. What are the relationships between the three main characters like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the climax of the novel. What happens, and why is it significant? How does it impact the protagonist?
This section contains 1,612 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)