|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very serious trust problem.
(b) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(c) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(d) Very severe taste problem.
2. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Sets it on fire.
(b) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(c) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(d) Steals it.
3. In Chapter 20, how many women does Mr. MacArthur say he has dated in his life?
(c) Three hundred.
4. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A watch for his father.
(b) Different sorts of candles.
(c) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
(d) A turkey.
5. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) On the subway.
(c) Times Square.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
2. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
3. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
4. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
5. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
2. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
3. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
4. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
5. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
6. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
7. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
8. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
10. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)