|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
(a) A rat.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A parakeet.
(d) A beetle.
2. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
3. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
(b) A present.
(c) Andy and Dag's smiling faces.
4. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
(b) Eating red meats.
(c) Caring what her children do with their lives.
(d) Talking to his father.
5. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(b) Fat people at McDonald's.
(c) Jewish men on a beach.
(d) Body noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
2. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
3. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
4. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
5. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
2. How does Elvissa get her name?
3. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
4. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
5. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
6. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
7. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
8. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
9. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
10. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)