|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party has Dag arranged for he and Andy to work as bartenders at?
(a) A New Year's Eve party.
(b) A bachelor's party.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A Halloween party.
2. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) The Institute for the Blind.
(b) A Cold War museum.
(c) The state prison.
(d) A psychiatric institute.
3. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
(a) An accident involving Claire's friend.
(b) A feel good story about a kitten.
(c) A snowfall.
(d) The car fire.
4. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
(a) The are middle of the road.
(b) You have nothing to define you.
(c) The fact that history will ignore you.
(d) There is always somebody richer than you.
5. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(a) His childhood.
(c) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
2. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
3. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
5. What color does Elvissa paint her nails with in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
2. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
3. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
4. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
5. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
6. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
7. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
8. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
10. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)