|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(b) Very serious trust problem.
(c) Very severe taste problem.
(d) Very sensitive teeth problem.
2. What is Claire's brother's name?
3. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
4. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) A psychiatric institute.
(b) The Institute for the Blind.
(c) A Cold War museum.
(d) The state prison.
5. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
(c) A "Y."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
2. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
4. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
2. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
3. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
4. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
6. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
7. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
8. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
9. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
10. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)