|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Building model planes.
(c) Reading classic literature.
(d) Spending time with friends.
2. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
(a) So happy he could die.
(c) Protected by their presence.
(d) Depressed and lonely.
3. Who does Dag bump into while running away from the Aston Martin in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) By hitting or kicking them.
(c) By pointing your finger at them and yelling "Stop!"
(d) Offer them a carrot or olive.
5. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(a) Body noises.
(c) Fat people at McDonald's.
(d) Jewish men on a beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
2. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
3. Where will Claire stay until she knows she'll be safe from radiation at home?
4. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
5. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
2. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
3. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
4. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
5. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
6. How does Elvissa get her name?
7. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
8. Describe Bunny Hollander.
9. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
10. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)