|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) Elvissa's driver's licence.
(d) A bottle of nail polish.
2. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
(b) A watch for his father.
(c) Different sorts of candles.
(d) A turkey.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Iris bulbs.
(b) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Daffodil bulbs.
(d) Crocus bulbs.
4. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(a) Body noises.
(b) Jewish men on a beach.
(c) Fat people at McDonald's.
5. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) Danny Partridge.
(b) Archie Bunker.
(c) Doogie Howser, M.D.
(d) The Fonz.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
2. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
3. Who is Elvissa?
4. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
5. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
2. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
3. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
4. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
6. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
7. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
8. How does Elvissa get her name?
9. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
10. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)