|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(c) His childhood.
(d) The future.
2. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
(a) The place where children fear to tread.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The house on the small hill.
(d) The house that time forgot.
3. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Boy George.
4. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because he can't stand his parents.
(b) Because the trip is long.
(c) Because he is "too old."
(d) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
5. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(b) Sets it on fire.
(c) Steals it.
(d) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
2. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
3. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
4. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
5. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
2. Describe Bunny Hollander.
3. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
5. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
6. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
7. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
8. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
9. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
10. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)