|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
(a) The car fire.
(b) An accident involving Claire's friend.
(c) A snowfall.
(d) A feel good story about a kitten.
2. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) The weatherman.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) A news anchor.
(d) A group of young protestors.
3. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
(b) The police.
(c) His father.
(d) An old girlfriend.
4. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Having a beer with friends.
(b) Driving along a highway in November.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Palm trees.
5. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Beer cans.
(b) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(c) Socks and underwear.
(d) Plastic flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
2. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
3. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
4. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
5. What is Claire's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
2. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
3. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
4. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
5. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
6. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
7. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
8. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
9. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
10. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)