|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
(a) It's a good name for a child.
(b) It looks good on a resume.
(c) It sounds religious.
(d) Andrews are always good men.
2. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
(a) Bulging eyes.
(b) Beaty eyes.
(c) Orange eyes.
(d) Hummingbird eyes.
3. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) A group of young protestors.
(b) A news anchor.
(c) The weatherman.
(d) Burl Ives.
4. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) The Fonz.
(b) Doogie Howser, M.D.
(c) Archie Bunker.
(d) Danny Partridge.
5. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
(a) Bob Hope.
(b) Jerry Lewis.
(c) Milton Berle.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
2. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
3. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
4. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
5. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
2. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
3. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
4. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
5. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
6. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
8. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
10. Describe Bunny Hollander.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)