|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
(a) Her life path.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) The love of her life.
(d) Her salvation.
2. What is Claire's brother's name?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(b) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
(c) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
(d) A really nice guy.
4. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(a) The future.
(c) His childhood.
5. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Pushes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bunny Hollander?
2. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
3. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
4. Where will Claire stay until she knows she'll be safe from radiation at home?
5. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
2. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
3. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
4. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
5. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
6. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
7. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
8. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
9. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
10. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)