|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Palm trees.
(b) Driving along a highway in November.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Having a beer with friends.
2. What does Elvissa call rich women with good haircuts and good clothes?
3. What does Andy do when he returns to his own house after spending Christmas in Portland?
(a) Lets out a sigh of relief.
(b) Dances around in his house.
(c) Kisses his front door.
(d) Decides to remain living there for as long as possible.
4. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) To paradise.
(b) Wherever he wants to go.
(c) Under the sea.
(d) Into the sun.
5. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(b) A really nice guy.
(c) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
(d) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
2. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
3. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
4. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
5. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
2. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
3. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
4. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
5. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
6. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
7. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
8. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
9. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
10. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)