|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Driving along a highway in November.
(b) Having a beer with friends.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Palm trees.
3. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(c) Socks and underwear.
(d) Beer cans.
4. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
(a) A K-Mart flyer.
(b) Bread crust.
(d) A leaf.
5. Who does Dag bump into while running away from the Aston Martin in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
2. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
3. Who is Elvissa?
4. At the party, owing to the weather, what is Andy worried about when he is talking to Dag out in the yard?
5. Where will Claire stay until she knows she'll be safe from radiation at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
2. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
3. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
4. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
5. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
6. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
7. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
8. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
9. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
10. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)