|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(a) Fat people at McDonald's.
(b) Jewish men on a beach.
(c) Body noises.
2. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) Times Square.
(b) On the subway.
(c) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(d) In Central Park.
3. Who is Curtis?
(a) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
(b) Andy's jogging buddy.
(c) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(d) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
4. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
(a) So happy he could die.
(b) Depressed and lonely.
(d) Protected by their presence.
5. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
(a) It looks good on a resume.
(b) Andrews are always good men.
(c) It sounds religious.
(d) It's a good name for a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
2. Who is Elvissa?
3. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
4. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
5. At the party, owing to the weather, what is Andy worried about when he is talking to Dag out in the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
2. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
3. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
4. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
6. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
7. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
8. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
9. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
10. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)