|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
2. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Being an adult.
(b) No longer having a personality.
(c) Moving up in the world.
(d) Accepting responsibility.
3. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
(a) Have ten children.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Save the Earth.
(d) Own a hotel.
4. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
(a) Aluminum pots and pans.
(b) His fear of failure.
(c) His bad attitude.
(d) The drugs stashed in his house.
5. Where does Elvissa grow up?
(a) Talaahassee, Florida.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) New York City, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
2. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
3. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
4. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
5. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
2. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
3. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
4. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
5. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
6. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
7. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
8. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
9. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
10. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)