|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) Into the sun.
(b) Under the sea.
(c) Wherever he wants to go.
(d) To paradise.
2. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because he can't stand his parents.
(b) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
(c) Because the trip is long.
(d) Because he is "too old."
3. Which group is Andy pleased to notice are not present at Bunny's party?
(a) The outlawed.
(c) Young people.
(d) The freakishly beautiful.
4. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
(a) Her salvation.
(b) The love of her life.
(c) Her life path.
(d) Good fortune.
5. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
(a) His tie.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His nose.
(d) His teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
2. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
3. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
4. What does Elvissa do for a living?
5. Who is Curtis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
2. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
3. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
4. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
5. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
6. As he explains in Chapter 29, how does Dag think he will die?
7. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
8. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
9. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
10. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)