|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
(a) Hummingbird eyes.
(b) Bulging eyes.
(c) Beaty eyes.
(d) Orange eyes.
2. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(a) Body noises.
(b) Jewish men on a beach.
(c) Fat people at McDonald's.
3. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(b) Plastic flowers.
(c) Beer cans.
(d) Socks and underwear.
4. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
(b) A turkey.
(c) Different sorts of candles.
(d) A watch for his father.
5. What color does Elvissa paint her nails with in Chapter 16?
(a) Honolulu Choo-Choo pink.
(b) Light and Lovely lavender.
(c) Very Berry red.
(d) Beach Babe blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
2. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
3. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
4. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
5. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
2. Describe Bunny Hollander.
3. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
4. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
5. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
6. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
7. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
8. What does Claire intend to do with the stick she found on the street in New York?
9. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
10. According to Andy, why will this year's Christmas holiday be different at the Palmer home?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)