|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Define Normal.
(b) My Parents Want A Robot.
(c) The Black Sheep Within.
(d) What is Individuality?
2. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
(a) The drugs stashed in his house.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) Aluminum pots and pans.
(d) His fear of failure.
3. What does Andy do when he returns to his own house after spending Christmas in Portland?
(a) Decides to remain living there for as long as possible.
(b) Dances around in his house.
(c) Kisses his front door.
(d) Lets out a sigh of relief.
4. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
(a) Caring what her children do with their lives.
(b) Eating red meats.
(d) Talking to his father.
5. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His tie.
(d) His nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
2. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
3. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
4. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
5. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
2. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
3. In Chapter 28, what do we find out was the reason Tobias was attracted to Claire?
4. What does Andy tell Dag about a little Japanese girl he lived with in Chapter 29?
5. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
6. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
7. When Andy and Tyler go shopping on Christmas Eve, why does Andy believe people are looking at them strangely?
8. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
9. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
10. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)