|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dag from originally?
2. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(c) New York.
3. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) Writes jingles.
(b) He dabbles in real estate.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(b) New beginnings.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) Love and loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
2. What kind of car does Dag drive?
3. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
4. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
5. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
2. How does Andy describe the MacArthurs in Chapter 20?
3. What is the significance of the title of the story Elvissa tells, "The Boy with the Hummingbird Eyes"?
4. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
5. Describe Bunny Hollander.
6. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
7. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
8. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
9. Describe Texlahoma.
10. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)