|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
(a) Shopping malls.
(b) Milk cartons.
(d) Fear of individual thought.
2. What is Andy's surname?
3. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag ate it.
(b) Dag bought Andy dinner.
(c) Dag put it in the bank.
(d) Dag gave it back.
4. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
(a) A tower.
(b) His dream house.
(c) An empire.
(d) A church.
5. What is Claire's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
4. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
2. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Dag hope Charlene was the one who had to clean out his desk after he quit his job?
4. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
5. What does Buck ask each of the Monroe girls to do?
6. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
7. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
9. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
10. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)