|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Wanted More.
(b) Our Parents Gave More.
(c) Our Parents Earned More.
(d) Our Parents Had More.
2. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(a) Knitted sweaters.
(c) Aloe products.
3. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) His neighor's bins.
(b) A restuarant dumpster.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) An apartment complex.
4. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
(a) Deer hunter.
(c) Umbrella salesman.
5. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Over There.
(b) Monsters Exist.
(c) Monsters Escape.
(d) Monsters Under the Bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
2. What is Texlahoma?
3. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
4. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
5. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
3. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
4. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
5. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
6. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
7. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
8. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
9. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
10. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)