|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(b) Infection from a stab wound.
(c) Space poisoning.
(d) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
2. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He dabbles in real estate.
(b) Writes jingles.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) He is a teacher.
3. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
(b) A stuffed chicken.
(c) A salad.
5. Who is Mr. MacArthur?
(a) Dag's old landlord.
(b) Claire's English professor.
(c) Andy's neighbor.
(d) The owner of Larry's Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
3. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
4. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
5. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
3. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
4. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
5. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
6. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
7. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
8. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
9. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
10. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)