|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dag from originally?
2. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The office cubicle.
(b) The yuppie dive.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The veal-fattening pen.
3. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
4. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(c) A restuarant dumpster.
(d) His neighor's bins.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
(b) Shopping malls.
(c) Milk cartons.
(d) Fear of individual thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
2. What kind of car does Dag drive?
3. What sickness does Buck come down with?
4. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
2. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
3. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
4. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
6. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
7. What does Buck ask each of the Monroe girls to do?
8. Describe Texlahoma.
9. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
10. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)