|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy is most thankful for.
(b) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(c) What his impressions of Japan are.
(d) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
2. What is Dag's surname?
3. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
(b) They will never return.
(c) They will never age.
(d) They will die.
4. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Had More.
(b) Our Parents Earned More.
(c) Our Parents Wanted More.
(d) Our Parents Gave More.
5. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
(b) Dag's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
4. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
2. Why does Dag hope Charlene was the one who had to clean out his desk after he quit his job?
3. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
4. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
5. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
6. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
7. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
8. Describe Texlahoma.
9. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
10. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)