|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A shopping spree.
(c) A terrifying cab ride.
(d) Semiclinical depression.
2. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
3. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The city.
(b) The desert.
(c) The coast.
(d) The country.
4. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(b) Old appliances.
(d) Baby shoes.
5. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(c) None of them agree to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
2. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
3. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
4. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
5. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
2. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
3. In Dag's story in Chapter 12, what bothers Otis about the postcard he receives from a friend in New Mexico?
4. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
5. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
6. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
7. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
8. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
9. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)