|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) Practically albino.
(b) Hopeful and resilient.
(c) A shadow of his true self.
(d) Awkward and confused.
2. Who is Martin?
(a) Dag's father.
(b) Dag's former boss.
(c) Dag's mentor.
(d) Dag's brother.
3. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A surfer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A lifeguard.
(d) A construction worker.
4. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
5. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His promotion.
(b) His way with the ladies.
(c) Not using condoms.
(d) The size of his bicep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
2. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
4. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
5. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
2. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
3. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
4. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
5. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
6. Describe Texlahoma.
7. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
8. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
9. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
10. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)