|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(c) Old appliances.
(d) Baby shoes.
2. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Trying to erase his past.
(b) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(c) Starting a new job.
(d) Enjoying the sun.
3. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A red Saab.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A Jeep Cherokee.
(d) A lemon.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
(a) A stuffed chicken.
(c) A salad.
5. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) Larry's Bar.
(b) At a construction site.
(d) At a video store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
2. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
3. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
5. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Buck ask each of the Monroe girls to do?
2. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
4. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
6. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
7. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
8. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
10. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)