|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) His childhood dog.
(b) His family.
(c) The picture that came with the frame.
(d) A whaling ship.
2. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) At a construction site.
(c) Larry's Bar.
(d) At a video store.
3. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(b) The future.
(d) Nuclear war.
4. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like a closed off crime scene.
(b) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(c) Like an old folks' home.
(d) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
5. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) A documentary.
(b) A movie.
(c) The news.
(d) Game shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
2. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
3. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
4. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
5. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
2. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
3. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
5. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
6. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
7. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
8. What does Andy tell us about himself in Chapter 9?
9. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
10. Why does Dag hope Charlene was the one who had to clean out his desk after he quit his job?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)