|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Sarasota, Florida.
(c) Calgary, Alberta.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
2. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A bird with a broken wing.
(b) Ludwig, his dog.
(c) A ghost called Bernice.
(d) His shadow.
3. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
(d) Real Estate.
4. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(a) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a tour guide.
5. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(a) The future.
(b) Nuclear war.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
3. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
4. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
5. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
2. What does Andy tell us about himself in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
4. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
7. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
8. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
9. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
10. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)