|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(b) Knitted sweaters.
(c) Aloe products.
2. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy is most thankful for.
(b) What his impressions of Japan are.
(c) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(d) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
3. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Agatha Christie.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Truman Capote.
4. What is Andy's surname?
5. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A Jeep Cherokee.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A red Saab.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
2. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
3. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
4. What is Andy's language of specialty?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
4. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
5. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
7. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
8. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
9. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
10. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)