|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a child's.
(b) Like a doctor's.
(c) Like chicken scratch.
(d) Like a taxi driver's.
2. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What his impressions of Japan are.
(b) What Andy is most thankful for.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
3. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) Semiclinical depression.
(b) A terrifying cab ride.
(c) A shopping spree.
(d) A love affair.
4. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A home decorating magazine.
(b) A cooking magazine.
(c) A teenybopper magazine.
(d) A technology magazine.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Connections with the right people.
(b) Luck and more luck.
(c) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
(d) Willpower and charisma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andy's surname?
2. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
3. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
4. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
5. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
2. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
4. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
6. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
7. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
8. Describe Texlahoma.
9. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
10. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)