|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(b) That he could run across the country.
(c) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(d) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
2. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
(d) Palm Springs.
3. What is Claire's surname?
4. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A pickup.
(b) A red Saab.
(c) A Jeep Cherokee.
(d) A lemon.
5. What is Andy's language of specialty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
2. What is the title of Chapter 2?
3. Where is Claire originally from?
4. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
5. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
2. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
3. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
4. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
6. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible that is parked not far from Larry's Bar?
7. In her story in Chapter 18, what does Elvissa notice about the apartment Curtis is staying at?
8. What does Andy do for his family on Christmas morning?
9. In Chapter 17, what does Dag explain will be his memory of life on earth?
10. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)