|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A red Saab.
(b) A Jeep Cherokee.
(c) A lemon.
(d) A pickup.
2. What is Dag's surname?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(b) The creativity of the developers.
(c) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
(d) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
4. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
(a) He slips and cracks his head.
(b) He is punched by another patron.
(c) He hits on the lifeguard.
(d) He has a heart attack.
5. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(a) Hair pomade.
(d) Cow hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Texlahoma?
2. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
3. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
4. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
5. What is Andy's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy tell us about himself in Chapter 9?
2. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
3. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
5. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
7. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
8. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
9. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
10. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)