|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The slow death chamber.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The yuppie dive.
(d) The office cubicle.
2. Who is Martin?
(a) Dag's former boss.
(b) Dag's mentor.
(c) Dag's brother.
(d) Dag's father.
3. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His way with the ladies.
(b) Not using condoms.
(c) The size of his bicep.
(d) His promotion.
4. What is Andy's language of specialty?
5. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
3. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
5. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
2. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
3. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
4. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
5. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
6. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
7. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
8. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
9. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
10. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)