|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) A restuarant dumpster.
(b) An apartment complex.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) His neighor's bins.
2. Who is Martin?
(a) Dag's brother.
(b) Dag's father.
(c) Dag's mentor.
(d) Dag's former boss.
3. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(b) Jane Fonda.
(c) David Bowie.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
4. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
5. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(b) Infection from a stab wound.
(c) Space poisoning.
(d) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
2. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
3. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
4. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to stop dogs from begging at the dinner table?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Claire describe as her memory of life on earth?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
4. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
6. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
7. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
8. What types of people are in attendance at Bunny Hollander's New Year's Eve party?
9. In Dag's story in Chapter 12, what bothers Otis about the postcard he receives from a friend in New Mexico?
10. What does Andy explain about his father's health in Chapter 25?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)