|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
(a) A robot.
(b) A boy.
(c) A girl.
(d) A lesbian.
2. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) Hopeful and resilient.
(b) A shadow of his true self.
(c) Awkward and confused.
(d) Practically albino.
3. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) The creativity of the developers.
(b) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(c) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
(d) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
4. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
(a) Cement dinosaurs.
(b) Rodeo Drive.
(d) A beach.
5. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
(d) Palm Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
2. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
3. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
4. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
5. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
3. Describe Texlahoma.
4. What does Andy tell us about himself in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
6. Why does Dag hope Charlene was the one who had to clean out his desk after he quit his job?
7. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
8. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
9. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
10. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)