|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) A whaling ship.
(b) His family.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) The picture that came with the frame.
2. Where is Dag from originally?
3. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(b) What Andy is most thankful for.
(c) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(d) What his impressions of Japan are.
4. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
(a) A plague.
(b) A famine.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) An earthquake.
5. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
2. What is Claire's surname?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
4. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
5. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
2. Describe Texlahoma.
3. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
4. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
5. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
6. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
7. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
8. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
9. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
10. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)