|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(c) Aloe products.
(d) Knitted sweaters.
2. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) Practically albino.
(b) Awkward and confused.
(c) Hopeful and resilient.
(d) A shadow of his true self.
3. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Under the Bed.
(b) Monsters Exist.
(c) Monsters Over There.
(d) Monsters Escape.
4. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an investment banker.
(c) He dabbles in real estate.
(d) Writes jingles.
5. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
2. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
3. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
4. What kind of car does Dag drive?
5. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
4. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
5. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
6. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
7. In Dag's story in Chapter 12, what bothers Otis about the postcard he receives from a friend in New Mexico?
8. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
9. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
10. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)