|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) A plague.
(d) A famine.
2. What does Claire have on her back?
3. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
4. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
(a) A classic automobile.
(b) A daisy.
(c) A photo of a nuclear test.
(d) A dolphin jumping out of the water.
5. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
(a) Tobias has caught the attention of Claire.
(b) Tobias is younger than they are.
(c) Tobias has a life goal.
(d) Tobias has circus freak show good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andy's surname?
2. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
3. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
4. Where do Andy and Dag work?
5. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
2. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
3. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
4. What does Andy tell us about Claire in Chapter 7?
5. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
6. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
7. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
8. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
9. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
10. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)