|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
(a) Why his nails never grow.
(b) What the meaning of life is.
(c) Whether he's getting enough calcium.
(d) When the world will end.
2. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy is most thankful for.
(b) What his impressions of Japan are.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
3. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
(d) Palm Springs.
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Exist.
(b) Monsters Escape.
(c) Monsters Over There.
(d) Monsters Under the Bed.
5. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A paradise on earth.
(b) His own personal New Zealand.
(c) Where people go to die.
(d) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
2. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
3. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
5. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
2. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
3. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
4. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
5. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
6. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
8. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
9. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
10. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)