|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
(b) They will never return.
(c) They will never age.
(d) They will die.
2. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A technology magazine.
(b) A teenybopper magazine.
(c) A home decorating magazine.
(d) A cooking magazine.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(b) Love and loss.
(c) New beginnings.
(d) The end of the world.
4. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(c) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(d) That he could run across the country.
5. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) His neighor's bins.
(b) An apartment complex.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) A restuarant dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
2. Where is Claire originally from?
3. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Andy recall was on his mind when he was on the phone trying to track down photos from Depeche Mode?
3. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
4. How does Dag describe himself when he worked in advertising?
5. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
6. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
7. What historical challenge does Dag give to Margaret in Chapter 5?
8. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
9. Describe Texlahoma.
10. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)