|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
2. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The office cubicle.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The yuppie dive.
3. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
(a) Basement Person.
(b) Deadbeat Dag.
(c) A floater.
(d) A leech.
4. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Under the Bed.
(b) Monsters Escape.
(c) Monsters Over There.
(d) Monsters Exist.
5. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
(a) A plague.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A famine.
(d) The end of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
2. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
3. What is the title of Chapter 2?
4. Where is Dag from originally?
5. What is Dag's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Astronaut named Buck when he lands on Texlahoma?
2. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
3. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
4. In Chapter 14, what is Claire's theory of a "gripping stranger"?
5. What does Margaret tell Dag is the only reason people get up and go to work everyday?
6. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
7. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
8. What is the most prized possession of Andy's boss in Japan?
9. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)