Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(c) That he could run across the country.
(d) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
2. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
(a) Calgary, Alberta.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Sarasota, Florida.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
3. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A ghost called Bernice.
(b) A bird with a broken wing.
(c) His shadow.
(d) Ludwig, his dog.
4. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Trying to erase his past.
(c) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(d) Starting a new job.
5. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
2. What sickness does Buck come down with?
3. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
4. What is the title of Chapter 2?
5. What is Texlahoma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andy describe planing in his parents' back yard in Chapter 23?
2. In Andy's story in Chapter 10, why is Miss Ueno upset?
3. How does Andy describe Palm Springs in Chapter 2?
4. What does Andy say is the kiss of death, personality-wise in Chapter 25?
5. What memory of his parents does Tobias share in Chapter 17?
6. What does Andy say about his parents' house in Chapter 15?
7. In Chapter 12, what does Dag say about Scotty's Junction, Nevada?
8. In Chapter 31, what does Andy think he sees as he's driving that causes him to momentarily panic?
9. What does Andy's mother say on the topic of children never leaving home?
10. What does Andy say about his brother Tyler's group of friends, the "Global Teens"?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)