|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag ate it.
(b) Dag put it in the bank.
(c) Dag bought Andy dinner.
(d) Dag gave it back.
2. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A community on a television show.
(b) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(c) A town in Dag's dreams.
(d) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Luck and more luck.
(b) Willpower and charisma.
(c) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
(d) Connections with the right people.
4. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A breath of fresh air.
(b) New human beings.
(c) A novice.
(d) The forgotten past.
5. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(a) Old appliances.
(c) Baby shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
2. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
3. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
5. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
2. Why does Claire choose the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire Avenues for their picnic in Chapter 3?
3. Describe Texlahoma.
4. How and when do Andy and Claire meet?
5. What are the rules for story time among Andy and his friends, and why do they need rules?
6. What do Clair and Andy discuss about Dag after he gets in touch with them following his disappearance to Nevada?
7. What does Andy tell us about himself in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 4, what spurs Dag's Toronto boss, Martin, into a tirade directed at Dag?
9. Summarize the story Andy tells about a man named Edward in Chapter 9.
10. In Chapter 7, at what point does Andy say he knows he and Claire would be friends for life?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)