|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because he can't stand his parents.
(b) Because the trip is long.
(c) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
(d) Because he is "too old."
2. What kind of party has Dag arranged for he and Andy to work as bartenders at?
(a) An engagement party.
(b) A Halloween party.
(c) A bachelor's party.
(d) A New Year's Eve party.
3. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) My Parents Want A Robot.
(b) What is Individuality?
(c) Define Normal.
(d) The Black Sheep Within.
4. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very severe taste problem.
(b) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(c) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(d) Very serious trust problem.
5. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Reading classic literature.
(b) Spending time with friends.
(d) Building model planes.
6. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
(a) Eating red meats.
(c) Talking to his father.
(d) Caring what her children do with their lives.
7. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(a) His childhood.
(c) The future.
8. What does Elvissa call rich women with good haircuts and good clothes?
9. Who is Elvissa?
(a) Claire's good friend.
(b) Clair's sister.
(c) Clair's roommate.
(d) Claire's neighbor.
10. Who does Dag bump into while running away from the Aston Martin in Chapter 20?
11. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
12. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A watch for his father.
(b) Different sorts of candles.
(c) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
(d) A turkey.
13. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
(a) Men who are worth her while.
(b) Her keys.
(c) Jeans that fit properly.
(d) Same-sex friends.
14. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(b) Sets it on fire.
(c) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(d) Steals it.
15. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
(a) So happy he could die.
(c) Protected by their presence.
(d) Depressed and lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Curtis?
2. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
3. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
4. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
5. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)