|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Having a beer with friends.
(b) The smell of bacon.
(c) Driving along a highway in November.
(d) Palm trees.
2. Who does Andy say is his favorite, and jokiest, sister?
3. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Crocus bulbs.
(b) Daffodil bulbs.
(c) Tulip bulbs.
(d) Iris bulbs.
4. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A watch for his father.
(b) Different sorts of candles.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
5. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Spending time with friends.
(b) Reading classic literature.
(d) Building model planes.
6. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Boy George.
7. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) Times Square.
(b) In Central Park.
(c) On the subway.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
8. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
9. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) Wherever he wants to go.
(b) Under the sea.
(c) To paradise.
(d) Into the sun.
10. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A rat.
(c) A gerbil.
(d) A parakeet.
11. What color does Curtis say hummingbirds are particularly attracted to?
12. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
(a) Have ten children.
(b) Save the Earth.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Own a hotel.
13. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Socks and underwear.
(b) Beer cans.
(c) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(d) Plastic flowers.
14. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very severe taste problem.
(b) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(c) Very serious trust problem.
(d) Very sensitive teeth problem.
15. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
2. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
3. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
4. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
5. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)