|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what is the reason Andy gives for his father's newfound health?
(a) An affair.
(b) A bet with his wife.
(c) A desire to play sports again.
(d) A stroke.
2. Who does Dag bump into while running away from the Aston Martin in Chapter 20?
3. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
(a) Jerry Lewis.
(b) Milton Berle.
(c) Bob Hope.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
(a) A present.
(d) Andy and Dag's smiling faces.
5. What is Elvissa's real name?
6. What does Andy do when he returns to his own house after spending Christmas in Portland?
(a) Kisses his front door.
(b) Decides to remain living there for as long as possible.
(c) Lets out a sigh of relief.
(d) Dances around in his house.
7. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) An Archie comic.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Mad Magazine.
(d) Vanity Fair.
8. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(b) Swimming with the dolphins.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Eating ice cream.
9. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
10. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
11. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a pharmacist.
(b) She is a stripper.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) No one is sure.
12. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
(a) There is always somebody richer than you.
(b) The are middle of the road.
(c) The fact that history will ignore you.
(d) You have nothing to define you.
13. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1960s.
14. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
(a) A snowfall.
(b) An accident involving Claire's friend.
(c) A feel good story about a kitten.
(d) The car fire.
15. Which of the following is not included in Bunny's list of "what makes a party"?
(c) Fashion Models.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
2. What is Claire's brother's name?
3. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
4. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
5. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)