|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not included in Bunny's list of "what makes a party"?
(d) Fashion Models.
2. Where does Elvissa grow up?
(a) Talaahassee, Florida.
(b) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) New York City, New York.
3. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(c) His childhood.
(d) The future.
4. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Having a beer with friends.
(b) Driving along a highway in November.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Palm trees.
5. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
6. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
(b) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(c) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
(d) A really nice guy.
7. In Chapter 20, how many women does Mr. MacArthur say he has dated in his life?
(b) Three hundred.
8. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
(b) Because he can't stand his parents.
(c) Because he is "too old."
(d) Because the trip is long.
9. Who is Curtis?
(a) Andy's jogging buddy.
(b) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(c) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
(d) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
10. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
(a) A bottle of nail polish.
(b) Elvissa's driver's licence.
(c) A ring.
(d) A pair of underwear.
11. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
(a) The place where children fear to tread.
(b) The house on the small hill.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) The house that time forgot.
12. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Moving up in the world.
(b) No longer having a personality.
(c) Being an adult.
(d) Accepting responsibility.
13. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
(a) The love of her life.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) Her salvation.
(d) Her life path.
14. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a pharmacist.
(b) She is a stripper.
(c) She is a waitress.
(d) No one is sure.
15. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andy say is his favorite, and jokiest, sister?
2. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
3. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
4. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
5. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)