|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
2. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) The weatherman.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) A group of young protestors.
(d) A news anchor.
3. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
(b) Jewish men on a beach.
(c) Fat people at McDonald's.
(d) Body noises.
4. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Bob Hope.
(c) Jerry Lewis.
(d) Milton Berle.
5. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
(a) A gerbil.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A parakeet.
(d) A rat.
6. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Accepting responsibility.
(b) Moving up in the world.
(c) Being an adult.
(d) No longer having a personality.
7. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(c) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(d) Sets it on fire.
8. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) A Cold War museum.
(b) The Institute for the Blind.
(c) The state prison.
(d) A psychiatric institute.
9. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) By pointing your finger at them and yelling "Stop!"
(c) By hitting or kicking them.
(d) Offer them a carrot or olive.
10. In Chapter 25, what is the reason Andy gives for his father's newfound health?
(a) A desire to play sports again.
(b) A stroke.
(c) An affair.
(d) A bet with his wife.
11. In Chapter 20, how many women does Mr. MacArthur say he has dated in his life?
(c) Three hundred.
12. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) An Archie comic.
(c) Mad Magazine.
(d) Vanity Fair.
13. What does Elvissa call rich women with good haircuts and good clothes?
14. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
(c) A "Y."
15. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His nose.
(c) His tie.
(d) His teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
2. Who does Andy say is his favorite, and jokiest, sister?
3. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
4. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
5. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)