|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elvissa's real name?
2. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
(d) A "Y."
3. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Boy George.
(d) Mick Jagger.
4. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) A really nice guy.
(b) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(c) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
(d) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
5. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) On the subway.
(d) In Central Park.
6. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very serious trust problem.
(b) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(c) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(d) Very severe taste problem.
7. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Pushes him.
(d) Punches him.
8. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) The place where children fear to tread.
(c) The house on the small hill.
(d) The house that time forgot.
9. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) Vanity Fair.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) An Archie comic.
(d) Mad Magazine.
10. Who is Elvissa?
(a) Clair's sister.
(b) Clair's roommate.
(c) Claire's good friend.
(d) Claire's neighbor.
11. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
(a) As the "Global Teens."
(b) As the "Cool Cats."
(c) As the "Minor Misfits."
(d) As the "Handsome Squad."
12. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Spending time with friends.
(b) Building model planes.
(d) Reading classic literature.
13. Which of the following is not included in Bunny's list of "what makes a party"?
(b) Fashion Models.
14. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(b) Socks and underwear.
(c) Plastic flowers.
(d) Beer cans.
15. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
(a) By pointing your finger at them and yelling "Stop!"
(b) By ignoring them.
(c) Offer them a carrot or olive.
(d) By hitting or kicking them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
2. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
3. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
4. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
5. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)