|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
(a) His father.
(b) The police.
(c) An old girlfriend.
2. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
3. Which group is Andy pleased to notice are not present at Bunny's party?
(b) The freakishly beautiful.
(c) Young people.
(d) The outlawed.
4. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
(b) A K-Mart flyer.
(c) Bread crust.
(d) A leaf.
5. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(a) Swimming with the dolphins.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Eating ice cream.
6. Where does Elvissa grow up?
(a) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(b) Talaahassee, Florida.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
7. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) The smell of bacon.
(b) Driving along a highway in November.
(c) Palm trees.
(d) Having a beer with friends.
8. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) An Archie comic.
(b) Mad Magazine.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Vanity Fair.
9. At the party, owing to the weather, what is Andy worried about when he is talking to Dag out in the yard?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) Flash floods.
(c) Getting a heat rash.
(d) A hailstorm.
10. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
(a) Andrews are always good men.
(b) It's a good name for a child.
(c) It sounds religious.
(d) It looks good on a resume.
11. Who is Bunny Hollander?
(a) The owner of the car Dag torched.
(b) Dag's long lost relative.
(c) The landlord of the bungalow complex.
(d) Dag's new roommate.
12. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
(a) A present.
(d) Andy and Dag's smiling faces.
13. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
14. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1950s.
15. In Chapter 20, how many women does Mr. MacArthur say he has dated in his life?
(a) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
2. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
3. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
4. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
5. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)