|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Curtis?
(a) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
(b) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(c) Andy's jogging buddy.
(d) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
2. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
(b) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
(c) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(d) A really nice guy.
3. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Define Normal.
(b) The Black Sheep Within.
(c) My Parents Want A Robot.
(d) What is Individuality?
4. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
(a) A K-Mart flyer.
(b) A leaf.
(c) Bread crust.
5. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) A news anchor.
(b) The weatherman.
(c) Burl Ives.
(d) A group of young protestors.
6. Who is Bunny Hollander?
(a) Dag's long lost relative.
(b) The landlord of the bungalow complex.
(c) The owner of the car Dag torched.
(d) Dag's new roommate.
7. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
(a) Caring what her children do with their lives.
(c) Eating red meats.
(d) Talking to his father.
8. Where will Claire stay until she knows she'll be safe from radiation at home?
(a) At Dag's house.
(b) At Andy's house.
(c) At Elvissa's house.
(d) At a hotel.
9. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
10. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) To paradise.
(b) Wherever he wants to go.
(c) Into the sun.
(d) Under the sea.
11. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) She is a stripper.
(d) She is a pharmacist.
12. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A parakeet.
(c) A rat.
(d) A gerbil.
13. What color does Curtis say hummingbirds are particularly attracted to?
14. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
(a) His father.
(b) The police.
(d) An old girlfriend.
15. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(b) Building model planes.
(c) Spending time with friends.
(d) Reading classic literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
2. In Chapter 20, how many women does Mr. MacArthur say he has dated in his life?
3. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
4. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
5. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)