|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
(a) Eating red meats.
(c) Talking to his father.
(d) Caring what her children do with their lives.
2. What does Elvissa call rich women with good haircuts and good clothes?
3. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) Times Square.
(d) On the subway.
4. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because he can't stand his parents.
(b) Because the trip is long.
(c) Because he is "too old."
(d) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
5. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Own a hotel.
(c) Save the Earth.
(d) Have ten children.
6. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Sets it on fire.
(c) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(d) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
7. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a stripper.
(b) She is a waitress.
(c) She is a pharmacist.
(d) No one is sure.
8. What is the stick that Claire finds in New York shaped like?
(b) A "Y."
9. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Reading classic literature.
(b) Building model planes.
(c) Spending time with friends.
10. Who does Dag bump into while running away from the Aston Martin in Chapter 20?
11. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
(a) The Korean War memorial.
(b) The Cold War memorial.
(c) The Vietnam War memorial.
(d) The WWII memorial.
12. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) Doogie Howser, M.D.
(b) The Fonz.
(c) Danny Partridge.
(d) Archie Bunker.
13. What building does Dag point out to Andy in Chapter 16?
(a) The state prison.
(b) The Institute for the Blind.
(c) A Cold War museum.
(d) A psychiatric institute.
14. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
15. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) My Parents Want A Robot.
(b) What is Individuality?
(c) Define Normal.
(d) The Black Sheep Within.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Elvissa's possessions does Claire discover at Tobias's place?
2. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
3. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
4. Who is Elvissa?
5. What kind of party has Dag arranged for he and Andy to work as bartenders at?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)