|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler call his parents' house in Chapter 24?
(a) The place where children fear to tread.
(b) The house on the small hill.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) The house that time forgot.
2. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1940s.
3. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
(b) So happy he could die.
(c) Depressed and lonely.
(d) Protected by their presence.
4. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Boy George.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Elvis Presley.
5. Where do Claire and Tobias break up?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) On the subway.
(c) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(d) Times Square.
6. Which of the following is not included in Bunny's list of "what makes a party"?
(b) Fashion Models.
7. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Daffodil bulbs.
(b) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Iris bulbs.
(d) Crocus bulbs.
8. Who picks Andy up from the airport in Chapter 24?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
9. What color does Curtis say hummingbirds are particularly attracted to?
10. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
(b) An old girlfriend.
(c) The police.
(d) His father.
11. What does Tobias check in the rearview mirror of his car in Chapter 18?
(a) His tie.
(b) His nose.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His teeth.
12. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Define Normal.
(b) My Parents Want A Robot.
(c) What is Individuality?
(d) The Black Sheep Within.
13. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) The Fonz.
(b) Danny Partridge.
(c) Archie Bunker.
(d) Doogie Howser, M.D.
14. Which group is Andy pleased to notice are not present at Bunny's party?
(b) Young people.
(c) The outlawed.
(d) The freakishly beautiful.
15. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Accepting responsibility.
(b) Being an adult.
(c) Moving up in the world.
(d) No longer having a personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elvissa do for a living?
2. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
3. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
4. Where does Elvissa grow up?
5. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)