|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) Under the sea.
(b) Wherever he wants to go.
(c) To paradise.
(d) Into the sun.
2. What does Andy recall Tyler saying about the name "Andrew" in Chapter 24?
(a) It looks good on a resume.
(b) It's a good name for a child.
(c) It sounds religious.
(d) Andrews are always good men.
3. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) Mad Magazine.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) An Archie comic.
(d) Vanity Fair.
4. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
(a) A writer for a monthly magazine.
(b) A gardener at a nunnery.
(c) A candy striper.
(d) A coach for a little league team.
5. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
6. Who is Elvissa?
(a) Clair's roommate.
(b) Claire's good friend.
(c) Clair's sister.
(d) Claire's neighbor.
7. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very severe taste problem.
(b) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(c) Very serious trust problem.
(d) Very sudden tantrum problem.
8. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(b) Building model planes.
(c) Reading classic literature.
(d) Spending time with friends.
9. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
(a) An old girlfriend.
(b) His father.
(c) The police.
10. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a waitress.
(b) She is a pharmacist.
(c) She is a stripper.
(d) No one is sure.
11. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Boy George.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Mick Jagger.
12. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
(a) You have nothing to define you.
(b) The are middle of the road.
(c) There is always somebody richer than you.
(d) The fact that history will ignore you.
13. In Chapter 25, what is the reason Andy gives for his father's newfound health?
(a) A stroke.
(b) An affair.
(c) A desire to play sports again.
(d) A bet with his wife.
14. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Daffodil bulbs.
(b) Crocus bulbs.
(c) Iris bulbs.
(d) Tulip bulbs.
15. What local monument does Andy visit in Portland before heading to the airport to fly back to California?
(a) The Cold War memorial.
(b) The WWII memorial.
(c) The Korean War memorial.
(d) The Vietnam War memorial.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
2. What does Mr. MacArthur tell a joke about in Chapter 20?
3. What color does Curtis say hummingbirds are particularly attracted to?
4. How do Tyler and Andy refer to Tyler's group of friends?
5. What color does Elvissa paint her nails with in Chapter 16?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)