|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very serious trust problem.
(b) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(c) Very sudden tantrum problem.
(d) Very severe taste problem.
2. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Socks and underwear.
(b) Beer cans.
(c) Pieces of ripped up paper.
(d) Plastic flowers.
3. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
(a) Driving along a highway in November.
(b) Having a beer with friends.
(c) The smell of bacon.
(d) Palm trees.
4. Where does Elvissa grow up?
(a) New York City, New York.
(b) Talaahassee, Florida.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
5. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
(a) The newest cast member of "Miami Vice."
(b) Like his nervous tick is nervous.
(c) A really nice guy.
(d) Like he's got dismembered Cub Scouts under his porch.
6. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) Offer them a carrot or olive.
(c) By pointing your finger at them and yelling "Stop!"
(d) By hitting or kicking them.
7. In Chapter 25, what is the reason Andy gives for his father's newfound health?
(a) An affair.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A bet with his wife.
(d) A desire to play sports again.
8. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) An Archie comic.
(c) Mad Magazine.
(d) Vanity Fair.
9. Who is Bunny Hollander?
(a) Dag's new roommate.
(b) Dag's long lost relative.
(c) The owner of the car Dag torched.
(d) The landlord of the bungalow complex.
10. Which of the following is not included in Bunny's list of "what makes a party"?
(b) Fashion Models.
11. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
(a) Men who are worth her while.
(b) Her keys.
(c) Same-sex friends.
(d) Jeans that fit properly.
12. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(d) Sets it on fire.
13. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
(a) A writer for a monthly magazine.
(b) A gardener at a nunnery.
(c) A coach for a little league team.
(d) A candy striper.
14. What is Elvissa's real name?
15. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
(a) Aluminum pots and pans.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) The drugs stashed in his house.
(d) His fear of failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 29, before returning to the party, what does Dag do to Andy?
2. Who is Elvissa?
3. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
4. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
5. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)