|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elvissa asks for a small moment that defines what it's like to be alive, what does Claire respond with?
2. What kind of party has Dag arranged for he and Andy to work as bartenders at?
(a) A Halloween party.
(b) A bachelor's party.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A New Year's Eve party.
3. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
(a) Jeans that fit properly.
(b) Men who are worth her while.
(c) Her keys.
(d) Same-sex friends.
4. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1940s.
5. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
(a) Very serious trust problem.
(b) Very sensitive teeth problem.
(c) Very severe taste problem.
(d) Very sudden tantrum problem.
6. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A turkey.
(b) Different sorts of candles.
(c) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
(d) A watch for his father.
7. Where does Elvissa grow up?
(a) Talaahassee, Florida.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
8. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(a) Eating ice cream.
(b) Planting flowers.
(c) Swimming with the dolphins.
9. What does Elvissa do for a living?
(a) She is a stripper.
(b) No one is sure.
(c) She is a pharmacist.
(d) She is a waitress.
10. What does Claire believe the stick she found will lead her to?
(a) Her life path.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) Her salvation.
(d) The love of her life.
11. What does Claire want there to be in her bungalow when she returns home from New York?
(a) A present.
(c) Andy and Dag's smiling faces.
12. What does Elvissa get a job as in Chapter 21?
(a) A candy striper.
(b) A writer for a monthly magazine.
(c) A coach for a little league team.
(d) A gardener at a nunnery.
13. What is the title of Chapter 24?
(a) Define Normal.
(b) The Black Sheep Within.
(c) What is Individuality?
(d) My Parents Want A Robot.
14. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Michael Jackson.
(c) Boy George.
(d) Mick Jagger.
15. What color does Curtis say hummingbirds are particularly attracted to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
2. Where will Claire stay until she knows she'll be safe from radiation at home?
3. What does Andy say his memory of life on Earth is?
4. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
5. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)