|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party has Dag arranged for he and Andy to work as bartenders at?
(a) A Halloween party.
(b) A bachelor's party.
(c) A New Year's Eve party.
(d) An engagement party.
2. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
(a) Bulging eyes.
(b) Orange eyes.
(c) Beaty eyes.
(d) Hummingbird eyes.
3. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Boy George.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Michael Jackson.
4. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(a) Swimming with the dolphins.
(b) Eating ice cream.
(c) Planting flowers.
5. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) The Fonz.
(b) Danny Partridge.
(c) Archie Bunker.
(d) Doogie Howser, M.D.
6. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) An Archie comic.
(b) Vanity Fair.
(c) Mad Magazine.
(d) Reader's Digest.
7. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1960s.
8. Why does Andy feel it was a mistake for him to come home for Christmas?
(a) Because his family would not have missed him if he didn't go.
(b) Because he is "too old."
(c) Because the trip is long.
(d) Because he can't stand his parents.
9. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
10. Where does Dag think an angel will take him when he dies?
(a) Into the sun.
(b) To paradise.
(c) Wherever he wants to go.
(d) Under the sea.
11. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
(a) Dressing up for Halloween.
(b) Having a one-night stand.
(c) Getting excited for Christmas.
(d) Taping magazine clippings to the wall.
12. What is Elvissa's real name?
13. In his story, what did the Japanese girl Andy lived with keep as a pet?
(a) A gerbil.
(b) A rat.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A parakeet.
14. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
15. In Chapter 25, what is the reason Andy gives for his father's newfound health?
(a) A bet with his wife.
(b) A desire to play sports again.
(c) An affair.
(d) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the acronym VSTP, used by Claire to describe Elvissa, stand for?
2. In Chapter 29, what does Dag say Bunny looks like?
3. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
4. Who shows up at the party to speak to Dag?
5. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)