|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Daffodil bulbs.
(b) Tulip bulbs.
(c) Iris bulbs.
(d) Crocus bulbs.
2. Who does Claire say radiation has even more endurance than?
(a) Bob Hope.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Milton Berle.
(d) Jerry Lewis.
3. Where is Claire heading for Christmas in Chapter 24?
(a) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
4. What does Tobias compare Eastern bloc toilet paper to?
(a) Bread crust.
(c) A K-Mart flyer.
(d) A leaf.
5. In Chapter 23 when Andy wakes up in the early morning and sees his friends asleep around him, how does he feel?
(b) So happy he could die.
(c) Depressed and lonely.
(d) Protected by their presence.
6. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(b) Swimming with the dolphins.
(c) Planting flowers.
(d) Eating ice cream.
7. In Chapter 20, what does Andy suggest is the best way to get dogs to stop begging at the dinner table?
(a) By pointing your finger at them and yelling "Stop!"
(b) Offer them a carrot or olive.
(c) By ignoring them.
(d) By hitting or kicking them.
8. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(c) Sets it on fire.
(d) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
9. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1960s.
10. What does Andy make a shopping trip to buy on Christmas Eve?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A watch for his father.
(c) Different sorts of candles.
(d) A nice suit to wear on Christmas Day.
11. What does Andy credit with keeping him "level" in Chapter 20?
(a) Reading classic literature.
(b) Spending time with friends.
(c) Building model planes.
12. Who does Andy say is his favorite, and jokiest, sister?
13. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Boy George.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Michael Jackson.
14. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
(a) Men who are worth her while.
(b) Same-sex friends.
(c) Jeans that fit properly.
(d) Her keys.
15. On Christmas Eve, who does Andy's father shout at on the TV?
(a) A news anchor.
(b) Burl Ives.
(c) A group of young protestors.
(d) The weatherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
2. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
3. When Claire is storming out of his place, what word does Tobias use to describe her?
4. Which group is Andy pleased to notice are not present at Bunny's party?
5. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)