|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy equate buying a house with in Chapter 25?
(a) Accepting responsibility.
(b) Moving up in the world.
(c) Being an adult.
(d) No longer having a personality.
2. What does Dag think he'll be doing when he dies?
(b) Planting flowers.
(c) Swimming with the dolphins.
(d) Eating ice cream.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Andy say he used to sow randomly in his parents' back yard?
(a) Iris bulbs.
(b) Daffodil bulbs.
(c) Tulip bulbs.
(d) Crocus bulbs.
4. What does Dag call and tell Andy has made the news in Palm Springs?
(a) The car fire.
(b) An accident involving Claire's friend.
(c) A snowfall.
(d) A feel good story about a kitten.
5. In Chapter 25, what does Andy's father tell him he should get rid of "pronto"?
(a) The drugs stashed in his house.
(b) His bad attitude.
(c) Aluminum pots and pans.
(d) His fear of failure.
6. What does Dag do to the Aston Martin convertible he sits on after leaving work in Chapter 20?
(a) Pretends it is his and tries to pick up women.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Draws a pornographic picture on it.
(d) Sets it on fire.
7. According to Andy's brother, Tyler, whose birthday is January 8th?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Boy George.
(d) Mick Jagger.
8. What does Tyler read in the car on the way back from his and Andy's Christmas Eve shopping trip?
(a) An Archie comic.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Vanity Fair.
(d) Mad Magazine.
9. What does Dag recall his father said gasoline smelled like in Chapter 16?
(a) The future.
(d) His childhood.
10. In Andy and Claire's eyes, where do the MacArthurs live permanently?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1950s.
11. The title of Elvissa's story in Chapter 17 refers to a boy with what kind of eyes?
(a) Hummingbird eyes.
(b) Bulging eyes.
(c) Beaty eyes.
(d) Orange eyes.
12. What TV character does Andy compare his brother Tyler to?
(a) Archie Bunker.
(b) Doogie Howser, M.D.
(c) The Fonz.
(d) Danny Partridge.
13. What does Andy find Dag scooping out of the common pool in Chapter 29?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Beer cans.
(c) Socks and underwear.
(d) Pieces of ripped up paper.
14. In Chapter 20, what does Dag tell Andy he wants to do with his future?
(a) Save the Earth.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Own a hotel.
(d) Have ten children.
15. Who is Curtis?
(a) The boy who lived next door to Elvissa when she was young.
(b) Andy's jogging buddy.
(c) A man who has been stalking Claire.
(d) Dag's co-worker who he sometimes plays basketball with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elvissa describe doing after the age of 25 that is "just plain scary"?
2. What does Claire say she always has trouble finding?
3. When Andy goes home for Christmas, what does his mother tell him she has stopped doing?
4. In Chapter 25, what does Andy say you have to live with when you're middle class?
5. Where does Elvissa grow up?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)