|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
(a) Dag's parents.
2. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A famine.
(c) A plague.
(d) The end of the world.
3. What is Dag's surname?
4. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
(b) Like an old folks' home.
(c) Like a closed off crime scene.
(d) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
5. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A restuarant dumpster.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) His neighor's bins.
6. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) A documentary.
(b) The news.
(c) Game shows.
(d) A movie.
7. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
8. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) Ludwig, his dog.
(b) A ghost called Bernice.
(c) His shadow.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
9. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Unitarian church.
10. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(c) Cow hearts.
(d) Hair pomade.
11. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) His childhood dog.
(b) A whaling ship.
(c) His family.
(d) The picture that came with the frame.
12. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) Horror stories from your past.
(b) About your failures.
(c) How you overcome temptation.
(d) How long you have been sober for.
13. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(b) None of them agree to go.
14. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) The war in the Middle East.
(b) Environmental issues.
(c) South American novelists.
(d) Foreign policy.
15. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A pickup.
(b) A red Saab.
(c) A lemon.
(d) A Jeep Cherokee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
2. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
3. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
4. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
5. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)