|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(d) None of them agree to go.
2. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A shopping spree.
(b) A terrifying cab ride.
(c) Semiclinical depression.
(d) A love affair.
3. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Time magazine.
(c) TV Guide.
(d) The L.A. Times.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) Love and loss.
(c) New beginnings.
6. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a doctor's.
(b) Like chicken scratch.
(c) Like a taxi driver's.
(d) Like a child's.
7. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
(a) Tobias has circus freak show good looks.
(b) Tobias has a life goal.
(c) Tobias is younger than they are.
(d) Tobias has caught the attention of Claire.
8. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
9. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Marc Chagal.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Andy Warhol.
(d) Salvador Dali.
10. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
11. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) The forgotten past.
(b) A breath of fresh air.
(c) A novice.
(d) New human beings.
12. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How you overcome temptation.
(b) How long you have been sober for.
(c) About your failures.
(d) Horror stories from your past.
13. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) A concert.
(c) A boxing match.
(d) A parade.
14. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(d) New York.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
(a) Shopping malls.
(c) Fear of individual thought.
(d) Milk cartons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
2. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
3. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
4. What is Texlahoma?
5. Where do Andy and Dag work?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)