|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A shopping spree.
(b) A terrifying cab ride.
(c) Semiclinical depression.
(d) A love affair.
2. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(b) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a tour guide.
(d) She was a teacher.
3. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
4. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
(b) What Andy is most thankful for.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What his impressions of Japan are.
5. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Unitarian church.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Presbyterian Church.
6. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(b) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(c) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(d) That he could run across the country.
7. Where is Dag from originally?
8. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
9. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A restuarant dumpster.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) His neighor's bins.
10. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like an old folks' home.
(b) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(c) Like a closed off crime scene.
(d) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
11. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) Writes jingles.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) He dabbles in real estate.
12. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
(a) One brother and two sisters.
(b) Two brothers and one sisters.
(c) Three brothers and no sisters.
(d) Two brothers and three sisters.
13. What is Andy's language of specialty?
14. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Agatha Christie.
15. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A lifeguard.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A surfer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
2. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
3. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
4. Where is Claire originally from?
5. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)