|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(a) Aloe products.
(b) Knitted sweaters.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
(a) Milk cartons.
(c) Fear of individual thought.
(d) Shopping malls.
3. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
(a) Tobias has caught the attention of Claire.
(b) Tobias has circus freak show good looks.
(c) Tobias has a life goal.
(d) Tobias is younger than they are.
4. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The coast.
(b) The country.
(c) The desert.
(d) The city.
5. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will die.
(b) They will never return.
(c) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
(d) They will never age.
6. What is Andy's language of specialty?
7. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
(a) A picture of the mayor.
(b) A smiley face.
(c) Their name and phone numbers.
(d) Bumper stickers that read "No Farmers, No Food".
8. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) A shadow of his true self.
(b) Hopeful and resilient.
(c) Practically albino.
(d) Awkward and confused.
9. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
10. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(b) None of them agree to go.
11. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A novice.
(b) A breath of fresh air.
(c) New human beings.
(d) The forgotten past.
12. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
(a) Speaking out of turn.
(b) Being singled out.
(c) Getting too drunk.
(d) Getting lost.
13. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a child's.
(b) Like chicken scratch.
(c) Like a taxi driver's.
(d) Like a doctor's.
14. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
(a) Cement dinosaurs.
(b) Rodeo Drive.
(d) A beach.
15. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Had More.
(b) Our Parents Wanted More.
(c) Our Parents Gave More.
(d) Our Parents Earned More.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dag's surname?
2. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
3. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
4. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
5. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)