|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) The creativity of the developers.
(b) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(c) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
(d) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
2. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
3. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(a) Jane Fonda.
(b) David Bowie.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
4. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
(d) Dag's parents.
5. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The city.
(b) The desert.
(c) The country.
(d) The coast.
6. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(a) Old appliances.
(c) Baby shoes.
7. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
(a) Deadbeat Dag.
(b) A floater.
(c) Basement Person.
(d) A leech.
8. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What his impressions of Japan are.
(b) What Andy is most thankful for.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
9. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A classic automobile.
(c) A photo of a nuclear test.
(d) A dolphin jumping out of the water.
10. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He dabbles in real estate.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) Writes jingles.
11. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Unitarian church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Anglican Church.
12. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) Semiclinical depression.
(b) A terrifying cab ride.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A shopping spree.
13. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How you overcome temptation.
(b) About your failures.
(c) How long you have been sober for.
(d) Horror stories from your past.
14. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Had More.
(b) Our Parents Gave More.
(c) Our Parents Wanted More.
(d) Our Parents Earned More.
15. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
(a) An empire.
(b) His dream house.
(c) A church.
(d) A tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
2. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
3. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
4. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
5. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)