|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Starting a new job.
(c) Trying to erase his past.
(d) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
2. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A community on a television show.
(b) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(c) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
(d) A town in Dag's dreams.
3. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(b) New York.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
(a) Two brothers and three sisters.
(b) Two brothers and one sisters.
(c) Three brothers and no sisters.
(d) One brother and two sisters.
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
(a) Stocking shelfs during the night shift.
(c) Planting trees in British Columbia.
(d) Teaching English in Asia.
6. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Connections with the right people.
(b) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
(c) Luck and more luck.
(d) Willpower and charisma.
7. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
8. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) A movie.
(b) Game shows.
(c) The news.
(d) A documentary.
9. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
10. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
(a) A concert.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) A parade.
(d) A boxing match.
11. What is Andy's surname?
12. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
(a) Tobias has caught the attention of Claire.
(b) Tobias is younger than they are.
(c) Tobias has circus freak show good looks.
(d) Tobias has a life goal.
13. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag ate it.
(b) Dag put it in the bank.
(c) Dag gave it back.
(d) Dag bought Andy dinner.
14. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The yuppie dive.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The office cubicle.
15. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
(a) A plague.
(b) A famine.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sickness does Buck come down with?
2. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
4. Where does Dag call Andy from in Chapter 12?
5. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)