|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A shopping spree.
(b) A love affair.
(c) A terrifying cab ride.
(d) Semiclinical depression.
2. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Andy Warhol.
(b) Pablo Picasso.
(c) Marc Chagal.
(d) Salvador Dali.
3. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(a) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
(b) Infection from a stab wound.
(d) Space poisoning.
4. What is Claire's surname?
5. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) The picture that came with the frame.
(b) His family.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) A whaling ship.
6. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
(a) A salad.
(c) A stuffed chicken.
7. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
(c) Umbrella salesman.
(d) Deer hunter.
8. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How long you have been sober for.
(b) How you overcome temptation.
(c) About your failures.
(d) Horror stories from your past.
9. What is Dag's surname?
10. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
(a) Time magazine.
(b) TV Guide.
(c) The L.A. Times.
(d) Reader's Digest.
11. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
(a) Their income.
(b) Their emotions.
(c) Their religion.
(d) Their age.
12. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The yuppie dive.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The office cubicle.
13. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
(b) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(c) Like a closed off crime scene.
(d) Like an old folks' home.
14. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) A concert.
(c) A parade.
(d) A boxing match.
15. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(c) Nuclear war.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
2. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
3. In Chapter 12, who is said to have disappeared the day after the picnic?
4. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
5. Where do Andy and Dag work?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)