|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Andy Warhol.
(c) Marc Chagal.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
2. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
3. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Get a real job.
(c) Have kids.
(d) Get some perspective.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
(a) A parade.
(b) A boxing match.
(c) A concert.
(d) A solar eclipse.
5. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How you overcome temptation.
(b) Horror stories from your past.
(c) About your failures.
(d) How long you have been sober for.
6. How is the mood of the abandoned suburb where the friends go to for a picnic described?
(a) Like an old, depilitated amusement park.
(b) Like an old folks' home.
(c) Like a closed off crime scene.
(d) Like A Vietnam War movie set.
7. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A bird with a broken wing.
(b) A ghost called Bernice.
(c) His shadow.
(d) Ludwig, his dog.
8. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His promotion.
(b) The size of his bicep.
(c) Not using condoms.
(d) His way with the ladies.
9. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
(a) One brother and two sisters.
(b) Two brothers and one sisters.
(c) Two brothers and three sisters.
(d) Three brothers and no sisters.
10. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A paradise on earth.
(b) His own personal New Zealand.
(c) Where people go to die.
(d) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
11. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) Environmental issues.
(b) Foreign policy.
(c) The war in the Middle East.
(d) South American novelists.
12. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(a) Jane Fonda.
(b) David Bowie.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
13. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Exist.
(b) Monsters Escape.
(c) Monsters Over There.
(d) Monsters Under the Bed.
14. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
15. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(a) Nuclear war.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Claire originally from?
2. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
3. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
4. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
5. What is Dag's surname?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)