|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Claire originally from?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Get a real job.
(c) Have kids.
(d) Get some perspective.
3. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A home decorating magazine.
(b) A cooking magazine.
(c) A technology magazine.
(d) A teenybopper magazine.
4. Who is Mr. MacArthur?
(a) Andy's neighbor.
(b) Claire's English professor.
(c) The owner of Larry's Bar.
(d) Dag's old landlord.
5. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His way with the ladies.
(b) The size of his bicep.
(c) Not using condoms.
(d) His promotion.
6. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag gave it back.
(b) Dag ate it.
(c) Dag put it in the bank.
(d) Dag bought Andy dinner.
7. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(b) Knitted sweaters.
(c) Aloe products.
8. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) Larry's Bar.
(c) At a video store.
(d) At a construction site.
9. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) A whaling ship.
(b) His family.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) The picture that came with the frame.
10. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(a) Elizabeth Taylor.
(b) Jane Fonda.
(c) David Bowie.
11. In Chapter 14, what does Andy plan to do for Christmas?
(a) Make dinner for his friends.
(b) Go home to Portland.
(c) Sleep through the holidays.
(d) Visit an orphanage.
12. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
(a) A lesbian.
(b) A boy.
(c) A robot.
(d) A girl.
13. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
(d) Dag's parents.
14. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
(a) A picture of the mayor.
(b) Their name and phone numbers.
(c) Bumper stickers that read "No Farmers, No Food".
(d) A smiley face.
15. What is Andy's language of specialty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
2. Where is Dag from originally?
3. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
4. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
5. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)