|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(b) Cow hearts.
(d) Hair pomade.
2. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The city.
(b) The desert.
(c) The country.
(d) The coast.
3. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The veal-fattening pen.
(b) The yuppie dive.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The office cubicle.
4. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
(a) An old t-shirt.
(b) A first edition of his favorite comic book.
(c) A love letter from his first love.
(d) A photo of Marilyn Monroe.
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A bird with a broken wing.
(b) His shadow.
(c) Ludwig, his dog.
(d) A ghost called Bernice.
6. Where is Dag from originally?
7. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
(c) A stuffed chicken.
(d) A salad.
8. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
(a) A girl.
(b) A robot.
(c) A lesbian.
(d) A boy.
9. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(c) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(d) That he could run across the country.
10. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag gave it back.
(b) Dag bought Andy dinner.
(c) Dag put it in the bank.
(d) Dag ate it.
11. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Agatha Christie.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
12. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
13. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
(b) Deer hunter.
(c) Umbrella salesman.
14. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) Foreign policy.
(b) Environmental issues.
(c) The war in the Middle East.
(d) South American novelists.
15. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Earned More.
(b) Our Parents Wanted More.
(c) Our Parents Gave More.
(d) Our Parents Had More.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
2. What sickness does Buck come down with?
3. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
4. What is Dag's surname?
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)