|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(b) Hair pomade.
(d) Cow hearts.
2. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
3. What is Andy's language of specialty?
4. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
(a) Tobias has a life goal.
(b) Tobias has caught the attention of Claire.
(c) Tobias is younger than they are.
(d) Tobias has circus freak show good looks.
5. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A town in Dag's dreams.
(b) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
(c) A community on a television show.
(d) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
6. In Chapter 12, who is said to have disappeared the day after the picnic?
7. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their religion.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their income.
8. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
(b) Where people go to die.
(c) A paradise on earth.
(d) His own personal New Zealand.
9. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
10. Where does Dag call Andy from in Chapter 12?
(a) New York City.
(b) A grocery store.
11. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A Jeep Cherokee.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A red Saab.
(d) A lemon.
12. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Have kids.
(c) Get some perspective.
(d) Fall in love.
13. In Chapter 14, what does Andy plan to do for Christmas?
(a) Sleep through the holidays.
(b) Visit an orphanage.
(c) Make dinner for his friends.
(d) Go home to Portland.
14. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(c) Aloe products.
(d) Knitted sweaters.
15. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
(a) Speaking out of turn.
(b) Being singled out.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Getting too drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
2. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
3. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
4. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
5. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)