|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) Foreign policy.
(b) South American novelists.
(c) Environmental issues.
(d) The war in the Middle East.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
(a) Three brothers and no sisters.
(b) Two brothers and one sisters.
(c) Two brothers and three sisters.
(d) One brother and two sisters.
3. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will never age.
(d) They will never return.
4. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His way with the ladies.
(b) Not using condoms.
(c) The size of his bicep.
(d) His promotion.
5. Who is Mr. MacArthur?
(a) Dag's old landlord.
(b) Claire's English professor.
(c) Andy's neighbor.
(d) The owner of Larry's Bar.
6. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
7. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(b) Baby shoes.
(c) Old appliances.
8. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The yuppie dive.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The slow death chamber.
(d) The office cubicle.
9. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) New human beings.
(b) A breath of fresh air.
(c) A novice.
(d) The forgotten past.
10. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
11. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a tour guide.
(d) She was a barmaid.
12. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
13. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
(d) Palm Springs.
14. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A teenybopper magazine.
(b) A home decorating magazine.
(c) A cooking magazine.
(d) A technology magazine.
15. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A paradise on earth.
(b) Where people go to die.
(c) His own personal New Zealand.
(d) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Dag drive?
2. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
3. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
4. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
5. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)