|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(a) She was a tour guide.
(b) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a barmaid.
2. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Under the Bed.
(b) Monsters Over There.
(c) Monsters Escape.
(d) Monsters Exist.
3. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How long you have been sober for.
(b) Horror stories from your past.
(c) How you overcome temptation.
(d) About your failures.
4. When Mr Takamichi and Andy are having sake together, what question does he ask Andy?
(a) What his impressions of Japan are.
(b) What Andy is most thankful for.
(c) What is the most valuable thing Andy owns.
(d) What Andy believes the purpose of life is.
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) His shadow.
(b) A ghost called Bernice.
(c) Ludwig, his dog.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
6. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
(a) A daisy.
(b) A classic automobile.
(c) A photo of a nuclear test.
(d) A dolphin jumping out of the water.
7. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
8. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
(a) The coast.
(b) The city.
(c) The country.
(d) The desert.
9. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
(b) Rodeo Drive.
(c) A beach.
(d) Cement dinosaurs.
10. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
(a) A robot.
(b) A girl.
(c) A boy.
(d) A lesbian.
11. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Agatha Christie.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
12. In Andy's story, what does Edward vow to build once he makes it in New York?
(a) A church.
(b) A tower.
(c) An empire.
(d) His dream house.
13. Where is Claire originally from?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
14. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
(a) Bumper stickers that read "No Farmers, No Food".
(b) Their name and phone numbers.
(c) A smiley face.
(d) A picture of the mayor.
15. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Marc Chagal.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Andy Warhol.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Dag drive?
2. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
3. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
4. What is Andy's language of specialty?
5. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)