|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A terrifying cab ride.
(b) Semiclinical depression.
(c) A love affair.
(d) A shopping spree.
2. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A red Saab.
(d) A Jeep Cherokee.
3. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
4. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
5. What does Dag say is the best form of "cult employment"?
(a) Planting trees in British Columbia.
(b) Teaching English in Asia.
(c) Stocking shelfs during the night shift.
6. What is Andy's surname?
7. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
(a) A classic automobile.
(b) A photo of a nuclear test.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A dolphin jumping out of the water.
8. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) The news.
(b) Game shows.
(c) A documentary.
(d) A movie.
9. How many brothers and sisters does Andy have?
(a) Two brothers and one sisters.
(b) Three brothers and no sisters.
(c) Two brothers and three sisters.
(d) One brother and two sisters.
10. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Have kids.
(d) Get some perspective.
11. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(c) None of them agree to go.
12. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
(a) Their income.
(b) Their religion.
(c) Their emotions.
(d) Their age.
13. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
(a) A leech.
(b) Deadbeat Dag.
(c) Basement Person.
(d) A floater.
14. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Agatha Christie.
15. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A novice.
(b) A breath of fresh air.
(c) The forgotten past.
(d) New human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. MacArthur?
2. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
3. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
4. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
5. Who does Dag believe carries a deep secret that can't be shared?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)