|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag gave it back.
(b) Dag put it in the bank.
(c) Dag bought Andy dinner.
(d) Dag ate it.
2. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The office cubicle.
(b) The slow death chamber.
(c) The veal-fattening pen.
(d) The yuppie dive.
3. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
(a) Reader's Digest.
(b) Time magazine.
(c) TV Guide.
(d) The L.A. Times.
4. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(b) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(c) That he could run across the country.
(d) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
5. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A ghost called Bernice.
(b) His shadow.
(c) Ludwig, his dog.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
6. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(a) She was a tour guide.
(b) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a teacher.
7. What disturbing artifacts does Andy mention Claire keeps in what should be her dining room?
(c) Old appliances.
(d) Baby shoes.
8. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He is an investment banker.
(b) He dabbles in real estate.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) Writes jingles.
9. What does Andy slip into Dag's drink in Chapter 13?
10. What is Andy's language of specialty?
11. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Unitarian church.
12. What industry does Dag work in before moving to Palm Springs?
(c) Real Estate.
13. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(a) Cow hearts.
(d) Hair pomade.
14. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) A whaling ship.
(b) His childhood dog.
(c) The picture that came with the frame.
(d) His family.
15. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
(a) A girl.
(b) A boy.
(c) A robot.
(d) A lesbian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
2. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
3. What is Dag's surname?
4. Who is Martin?
5. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)