|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dag's surname?
2. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a taxi driver's.
(b) Like a child's.
(c) Like a doctor's.
(d) Like chicken scratch.
3. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
4. What year is it permanently in Texlahoma?
5. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(b) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a tour guide.
(d) She was a teacher.
6. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
7. What is Andy's surname?
8. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
9. After he quits his office job, what label does Dag give himself and his new lifestyle?
(a) A floater.
(b) Basement Person.
(c) A leech.
(d) Deadbeat Dag.
10. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(b) Enjoying the sun.
(c) Starting a new job.
(d) Trying to erase his past.
11. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) His own personal New Zealand.
(b) A paradise on earth.
(c) Where people go to die.
(d) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
12. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) A shadow of his true self.
(b) Hopeful and resilient.
(c) Practically albino.
(d) Awkward and confused.
13. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) Horror stories from your past.
(b) How you overcome temptation.
(c) About your failures.
(d) How long you have been sober for.
14. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Exist.
(b) Monsters Under the Bed.
(c) Monsters Over There.
(d) Monsters Escape.
15. Where does Dag call Andy from in Chapter 12?
(b) New York City.
(c) A grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Dag drive?
2. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
3. Andy says moving to which location has improved the three friends' lives?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
5. Where is Dag from originally?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)