|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(d) New York.
2. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A construction worker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A lifeguard.
(d) A surfer.
3. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Unitarian church.
4. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Gave More.
(b) Our Parents Had More.
(c) Our Parents Wanted More.
(d) Our Parents Earned More.
5. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will never age.
(b) They will never return.
(c) They will die.
(d) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
6. In Chapter 1, where does Andy suspect his dogs have been rummaging through the trash?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) His neighor's bins.
(c) Behind a cosmetic surgery.
(d) A restuarant dumpster.
7. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) Writes jingles.
(c) He is an investment banker.
(d) He dabbles in real estate.
8. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) New human beings.
(b) A novice.
(c) The forgotten past.
(d) A breath of fresh air.
9. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
10. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
11. What does Claire have on her back?
12. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) At a construction site.
(b) Larry's Bar.
(c) At a video store.
13. What does Dag give Claire a jar of as a gift?
(b) Hair pomade.
(d) Cow hearts.
14. In Chapter 14, what does Andy plan to do for Christmas?
(a) Visit an orphanage.
(b) Sleep through the holidays.
(c) Make dinner for his friends.
(d) Go home to Portland.
15. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A teenybopper magazine.
(b) A home decorating magazine.
(c) A technology magazine.
(d) A cooking magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
2. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
3. What does Andy recall happened to Claire's father at the resort pool?
4. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)