|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) At a video store.
(c) At a construction site.
(d) Larry's Bar.
2. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
(c) Umbrella salesman.
(d) Deer hunter.
3. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(b) The creativity of the developers.
(c) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
(d) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
4. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
5. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(a) She was a tour guide.
(b) She was a barmaid.
(d) She was a teacher.
6. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Agatha Christie.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Truman Capote.
7. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(a) David Bowie.
(b) Elizabeth Taylor.
(c) Jane Fonda.
8. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(b) New York.
9. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) The picture that came with the frame.
(b) A whaling ship.
(c) His family.
(d) His childhood dog.
10. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Unitarian church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
11. In Chapter 1, what does Claire talk about wanting to buy when she was on her "date from hell"?
(b) A salad.
(c) A stuffed chicken.
12. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
13. Where is Dag from originally?
14. What does Andy say is considered just about the worst thing that can happen to you in Japan?
(a) Speaking out of turn.
(b) Getting too drunk.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) Being singled out.
15. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Trying to erase his past.
(c) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(d) Starting a new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Andy say he and Dag are envious of Tobias?
2. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
3. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
4. What kind of car does Dag drive?
5. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)