|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
2. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) A whaling ship.
(b) His family.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) The picture that came with the frame.
3. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The slow death chamber.
(b) The yuppie dive.
(c) The office cubicle.
(d) The veal-fattening pen.
4. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) A movie.
(b) Game shows.
(c) The news.
(d) A documentary.
5. Who does Dag think about contracting cancer in Chapter 1?
(a) A surfer.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A lifeguard.
(d) A farmer.
6. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Unitarian church.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
7. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(c) Starting a new job.
(d) Trying to erase his past.
8. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) The creativity of the developers.
(b) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
(c) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(d) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
9. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
(b) Willpower and charisma.
(c) Connections with the right people.
(d) Luck and more luck.
10. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(b) The future.
(d) Nuclear war.
11. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
(a) A first edition of his favorite comic book.
(b) A photo of Marilyn Monroe.
(c) An old t-shirt.
(d) A love letter from his first love.
12. Which Monroe sister agrees to leave Texlahoma with Buck?
(b) None of them agree to go.
13. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) Foreign policy.
(b) Environmental issues.
(c) South American novelists.
(d) The war in the Middle East.
14. How does Andy describe himself at age fifteen?
(a) A shadow of his true self.
(b) Awkward and confused.
(c) Practically albino.
(d) Hopeful and resilient.
15. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(a) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
2. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
3. What does Andy wonder as he stares at his fingernails in Chapter 6?
4. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
5. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)