|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Agatha Christie.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. What kind of magazine does Andy work at in Japan?
(a) A cooking magazine.
(b) A teenybopper magazine.
(c) A technology magazine.
(d) A home decorating magazine.
3. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
4. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Calgary, Alberta.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Sarasota, Florida.
5. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
(b) David Bowie.
(c) Jane Fonda.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
6. What is Andy reading when Tobias arrives at his house in Chapter 13?
(a) TV Guide.
(b) Reader's Digest.
(c) Time magazine.
(d) The L.A. Times.
7. What is Andy's surname?
8. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
(a) The yuppie dive.
(b) The veal-fattening pen.
(c) The office cubicle.
(d) The slow death chamber.
9. Who is Martin?
(a) Dag's mentor.
(b) Dag's brother.
(c) Dag's former boss.
(d) Dag's father.
10. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) Environmental issues.
(b) South American novelists.
(c) Foreign policy.
(d) The war in the Middle East.
11. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(b) Knitted sweaters.
(c) Aloe products.
12. What is Andy's language of specialty?
13. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(b) Space poisoning.
(c) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
(d) Infection from a stab wound.
14. In Chapter 12, who is said to have disappeared the day after the picnic?
15. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) Horror stories from your past.
(b) About your failures.
(c) How long you have been sober for.
(d) How you overcome temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Dag say he is, which is trapped inside a man's body?
2. What had Nostradamus predicted for the day Claire arrives in Palm Springs?
3. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
4. What is on the postcard Otis receives from an old friend?
5. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)