|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Otis equate suburban houses to?
(a) Milk cartons.
(b) Fear of individual thought.
(c) Shopping malls.
2. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) The picture that came with the frame.
(b) A whaling ship.
(c) His childhood dog.
(d) His family.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Connections with the right people.
(b) Willpower and charisma.
(c) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
(d) Luck and more luck.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) New beginnings.
(c) Love and loss.
5. In the story Dag tells about a man named Otis. What does Otis consider Palm Springs?
(a) A paradise on earth.
(b) His own personal New Zealand.
(c) Where people go to die.
(d) A cousin of the Florida Keys.
6. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A community on a television show.
(b) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(c) A town in Dag's dreams.
(d) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
7. Where do Andy, Dag, and Claire live?
(a) Palm Springs.
8. What nickname does Tobias have for Andy?
9. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
10. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Wanted More.
(b) Our Parents Had More.
(c) Our Parents Earned More.
(d) Our Parents Gave More.
11. Where is Dag from originally?
12. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a taxi driver's.
(b) Like chicken scratch.
(c) Like a child's.
(d) Like a doctor's.
13. What kind of car does Dag drive?
(a) A Jeep Cherokee.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A red Saab.
(d) A lemon.
14. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His promotion.
(b) The size of his bicep.
(c) Not using condoms.
(d) His way with the ladies.
15. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Exist.
(b) Monsters Over There.
(c) Monsters Escape.
(d) Monsters Under the Bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Andy recall traveling to a Canadian town to watch?
2. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
3. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
4. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
5. What is Dag's surname?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)