|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Andy recalls in Chapter 4, after Dag won their bet, what did he do with the money?
(a) Dag gave it back.
(b) Dag bought Andy dinner.
(c) Dag ate it.
(d) Dag put it in the bank.
2. While on their picnic, the friends spot a sedan filled with tourists from which country?
3. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(b) Enjoying the sun.
(c) Starting a new job.
(d) Trying to erase his past.
4. What does Mrs. Monroe of Texlahoma sell?
(a) Knitted sweaters.
(c) Aloe products.
5. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) Monsters Under the Bed.
(b) Monsters Over There.
(c) Monsters Exist.
(d) Monsters Escape.
6. What does Andy say almost always bookends a European pilgrimage in Chapter 13?
(a) A terrifying cab ride.
(b) A love affair.
(c) Semiclinical depression.
(d) A shopping spree.
7. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
(a) They will die.
(b) They will never return.
(c) They will never age.
(d) They will lose their memory of Texlahoma.
8. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Unitarian church.
(d) The Anglican Church.
9. What does Mrs. Monroe invite Buck to watch on TV?
(a) A documentary.
(b) Game shows.
(c) A movie.
(d) The news.
10. Reading a passage from the diaries of which artist inspired Andy to exercise?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Salvador Dali.
(c) Marc Chagal.
(d) Andy Warhol.
11. What does Andy say his parents are terrified of in Chapter 14?
(b) The future.
(d) Nuclear war.
12. What does Andy say Tobias brags about in Chapter 14?
(a) His promotion.
(b) The size of his bicep.
(c) His way with the ladies.
(d) Not using condoms.
13. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
14. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A town in Dag's dreams.
(b) A community on a television show.
(c) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
(d) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
15. What is Mr Takamichi's most valuable possession?
(a) An old t-shirt.
(b) A first edition of his favorite comic book.
(c) A photo of Marilyn Monroe.
(d) A love letter from his first love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
2. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
3. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
5. What sickness does Buck come down with?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)