Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
(c) That he could run across the country.
(d) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
2. Where does Dag's brother Matthew live?
(a) Calgary, Alberta.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Sarasota, Florida.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
3. In the story Andy tells about Edward, who follows Edward everywhere?
(a) A ghost called Bernice.
(b) A bird with a broken wing.
(c) His shadow.
(d) Ludwig, his dog.
4. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Trying to erase his past.
(c) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(d) Starting a new job.
5. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
6. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
(c) New York.
7. What sickness does Buck come down with?
(b) Infection from a stab wound.
(c) Space poisoning.
(d) Chronic fatigue syndrome.
8. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
(a) The picture that came with the frame.
(b) A whaling ship.
(c) His family.
(d) His childhood dog.
9. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Our Parents Gave More.
(b) Our Parents Earned More.
(c) Our Parents Wanted More.
(d) Our Parents Had More.
10. What is Texlahoma?
(a) A community on a television show.
(b) The mythical world where many of the friends' stories are set.
(c) A fictional reality in Andy's favorite novel.
(d) A town in Dag's dreams.
11. What nickname does Claire's family have for her?
12. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) How you overcome temptation.
(b) About your failures.
(c) Horror stories from your past.
(d) How long you have been sober for.
13. In Chapter 3, what does Andy say he and his friends are uncomfortable revealing?
(a) Their emotions.
(b) Their age.
(c) Their income.
(d) Their religion.
14. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A breath of fresh air.
(b) The forgotten past.
(c) New human beings.
(d) A novice.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Andy say Dag needs to do soon or else he's going to "lose it"?
(a) Get a real job.
(b) Have kids.
(c) Get some perspective.
(d) Fall in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which celebrity does Andy say his brother once shared an elevator with?
2. What does Dag suspect the tourists are looking for?
3. Who is Martin?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Andy say is a recurring theme in Dag's stories?
5. In Chapter 2, which Church does Dag say dogs belong to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)