Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. At the beginning of the novel, what does Andy recall doing when he was fifteen years old?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Andy say worries him about his dogs?
3. Where are Andy, Dag, and Claire all originally from, and why does Andy say it doesn't matter?
4. In Chapter 1, what example does Andy give of Dag's considerate nature?
5. In Chapter 1, how does Claire describe the date she had just been on?
This section contains 967 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)