|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9,10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
(a) A novice.
(b) The forgotten past.
(c) A breath of fresh air.
(d) New human beings.
2. When Andy and Claire first meet, what does Andy tell her he is doing in Palm Springs?
(a) Enjoying the sun.
(b) Trying to erase his past.
(c) Trying to reconnect with an old flame.
(d) Starting a new job.
3. How does Andy describe Claire's handwriting?
(a) Like a doctor's.
(b) Like a child's.
(c) Like chicken scratch.
(d) Like a taxi driver's.
4. What is Claire's surname?
5. What does Claire do for a living when she and Andy meet?
(b) She was a barmaid.
(c) She was a teacher.
(d) She was a tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a smell that Andy associates with Milan?
2. What nickname does Dag have for his office cubicle?
3. What does Buck tell the Monroe sisters will happen to them if leave Texlahoma with him?
4. Which state do Andy, Dag, and Claire live in?
5. In his former office, what does Dag have a framed photo of at his desk?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)