|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9,10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Dag say is necessary for someone to become famous?
(a) Willpower and charisma.
(b) Luck and more luck.
(c) Connections with the right people.
(d) A lot of people must make a lot of money.
2. Claire thinks about the sun ruining the life of a farmer from which country?
3. In Chapter 4, what bet does Andy recall Dag making with him one night at work?
(a) That he could make Claire fall in love with him.
(b) That he could make an entire room of people laugh uncontrollably.
(c) That he could run across the country.
(d) That he could get the locals to join him in a sing-along.
4. What is Andy's language of specialty?
5. Where do Andy and Dag work?
(a) At a construction site.
(b) Larry's Bar.
(c) At a video store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Texlahomans required by law to put on their cars?
2. Claire tells a story about a man named Buck. What is Buck's occupation?
3. What is the meaning of the Japanese phrase, "shin jin rui"?
4. Which of the following is not a name Claire suggests for her future children?
5. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)