|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his mid-twenties breakdown, Dag reads every book by which author?
(a) Agatha Christie.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Truman Capote.
2. After quitting his office job, Dag says he makes new friends who yap endlessly about what?
(a) South American novelists.
(b) Foreign policy.
(c) Environmental issues.
(d) The war in the Middle East.
3. What does Andy say the people at Alcohol Anonymous meetings want to hear?
(a) Horror stories from your past.
(b) How long you have been sober for.
(c) How you overcome temptation.
(d) About your failures.
4. Who asks, "What do you think of when you see the sun?"
5. In Chapter 3, what does Claire say you can sense about the corner of Cottonwood and Sapphire avenues?
(a) The creativity of the developers.
(b) How enthusiastic the developers were when they named it.
(c) How potential homebuyers may be fooled.
(d) How pretentious the homeowners must be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dag from originally?
2. What does Dag's brother Matthew do for a living?
3. Which of the following is not something Andy thinks of when he sees the sun?
4. Where do Andy and Dag work?
5. What is the title of Chapter 2?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)