Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
2. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
3. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
4. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
5. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
Xeones denounces Xerxes as a poor king. Why does Xoenes feel that Xerxes is a poor king? How does Xeones describe a good king? In your own words, describe Xerxes as a king, and tell whether you think he is a good king or not, and why.
In Spartan culture, the citizen soldiers of Sparta acted as mentors to the sons of the others. List at least three effects of this practice, and explain them.
For the first day of the battle, the Greeks are able to fend off several attacks that, simply by the number of soldiers, should have crushed them. All the way to the bitter end, the Greeks are able to inflict great damage on the army of Persia. Describe the strategies used by the Greeks, from the first crossing of arms to the last.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)