Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
(a) He is writing in his journal.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is sharpening his sword blade.
(d) He is fighting on the field of battle.
2. What happens to the raiding party?
(a) They fight against terrible odds, but manage to kill Xerxes before being killed to a man.
(b) They are captured.
(c) They fight to the death.
(d) Alexandros' hand is cut off, and a few others are killed, so Dienekes calls the retreat.
3. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
(a) He believes it all to be lies.
(b) He believes it is true, but has no bearing on the battles ahead.
(c) He believes that it is true and pertinent to the war efforts.
(d) He finds it entertaining, but is unsure of its truth.
4. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is beaten with wooden rods.
(b) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(c) He is absolved of his crime.
(d) He is slain by the krypteia.
5. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
(a) There are fifty thousand men.
(b) There are only three hundred.
(c) There are twenty thousand.
(d) There are several thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
2. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
3. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
4. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
5. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)