|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men make up the party that attacks Xerxes' tent?
(a) There are eight men.
(b) There are seven men.
(c) There are tweny men.
(d) There are eleven men.
2. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
(a) He sees the sheer cliffs of the pass.
(b) He sees the bath houses.
(c) He sees a large fox.
(d) He sees the Persians.
3. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three hundred.
(b) There are two million.
(c) There are three thousand.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
4. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
(b) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
(c) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(d) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
5. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
(a) He is to be allowed to go free.
(b) He and his family are to be put to death.
(c) He is to be stripped of all rank and weapons and thrown out of the army.
(d) He is to be sold into slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
2. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
3. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
4. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
5. What happens to the raiding party that saves the life of Xerxes?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)