|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
(b) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(c) He has three daughters.
(d) He has twin sons.
2. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
(a) They find only half of the troop they were expecting.
(b) They find the Persians waiting there for them.
(c) They find the area abandoned with the exception of a few local people.
(d) They find the Egyptian Tommie.
3. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(b) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(c) He wants to have a look at the child.
(d) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
4. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
(a) Polynikes is driven the fear of dishonor.
(b) Polynikes is driven by the greed for glory.
(c) Polynikes is driven by his bloodlust.
(d) Polynikes has true andreia.
5. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They have all been slain by the Persians.
(b) They go over to the Persian side.
(c) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(d) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
2. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
3. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
4. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
5. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arete claim the child of Rooster is really the child of her husband Dienekes? What unforeseen effect does this have?
2. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
3. Where has Xeones seen Xerxes before he is brought into his tent?
4. Describe what the Persians do to the body of the Spartan king, Leonidas.
5. What disturbs Xerxes, the Persian king?
6. What kind of force arrives at Thermopylae to meet the Persians?
7. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
8. What happens when Rooster returns to the Greeks on the second day of battle?
9. Why do the Persian soldiers not hinder the Greeks in their escape?
10. Why does Xerxes not want to face the Spartans in Sparta?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)