|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Xerxes having trouble sleeping?
(a) He cannot sleep after the slaughter of battle.
(b) He is being plagued by nightmares and guilt over the desecration of Leonidas' body.
(c) He has dysentery.
(d) He has contracted a terrible illness from one of the injured soldiers.
2. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
(a) They find the area abandoned with the exception of a few local people.
(b) They find the Egyptian Tommie.
(c) They find the Persians waiting there for them.
(d) They find only half of the troop they were expecting.
3. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(b) He has twin sons.
(c) He has three daughters.
(d) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
4. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
(b) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
(c) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
(d) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
5. Why do the Phokians miss the meeting?
(a) They are attacked and must remain to defend their city.
(b) They are nearly overrun by the Persians, so they flee.
(c) They go over to the Persian side.
(d) They have all been slain by the Persians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
2. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
3. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
4. What is mothax?
5. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
2. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
3. What happens when Leonidas frees the helots on the last day of battle?
4. Explain what the author means when he calls the 300 an all-sire unit.
5. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
6. Why do the Spartans decide to send only 300 men?
7. What occurs at Thermopylae during the wait for the Persians?
8. Describe what the Persians do to the body of the Spartan king, Leonidas.
9. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
10. Why do the Persian soldiers not hinder the Greeks in their escape?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)