|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
(a) There are about five hundred men left.
(b) There are about one hundred men left.
(c) There are about one thousand men left.
(d) There are about sixty men left.
2. What is mothax?
(a) It is freedom from taxes.
(b) It is a golden metal awarded for valor.
(c) It is the grade of warrior youths somewhere between full citizen and helot.
(d) It is the highest title of honor for Spartans.
3. What happens to the raiding party that saves the life of Xerxes?
(a) Some exotic birds escape their cages and confuse the Spartans.
(b) One of the members of the raiding party trips and makes enough noise in his fall to alert the Persians.
(c) They go to the wrong tent at first, and have to go back.
(d) One of Xerxes' officers stumbles upon the raiding party as they are entering the tent.
4. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all the land."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(c) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
(d) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
5. Who do the Spartans encounter on their way out of the Persian camp?
(a) They do not encounter anyone on their flight from the Persian camp.
(b) They run into another group of Egyptian marines.
(c) They come across Persian soldiers rising for the morning.
(d) They are seen by General Mardonius.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Persian forces surround the Greeks?
2. What happens to the raiding party?
3. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
4. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
5. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the 300 man force composed?
2. What happens when Leonidas frees the helots on the last day of battle?
3. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
4. Describe the plan to assault Xerxes in his own tent.
5. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
6. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
7. How is Rooster spared and why?
8. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
9. What causes Xerxes to decide to stay in Greece and complete his campaign?
10. What kind of force arrives at Thermopylae to meet the Persians?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)