|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
(a) There are about five hundred men left.
(b) There are about sixty men left.
(c) There are about one hundred men left.
(d) There are about one thousand men left.
2. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
(a) He sees a large fox.
(b) He sees the Persians.
(c) He sees the sheer cliffs of the pass.
(d) He sees the bath houses.
3. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
(a) They attack the Persians.
(b) They surrender to the Persians.
(c) They run away.
(d) They shout insults at the Persians.
4. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
(b) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(c) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(d) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
5. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
(a) He swears that he will carry out the orders of the krypteis give him.
(b) He swears that Rooster will never be seen again.
(c) He swears that he will show mercy on Rooster in honor of their friendship.
(d) He swears that if ever Rooster meets them on the field of battle, that he will slay Rooster himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mothax?
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
3. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
4. When does Xeones see Xerxes face-to-face before he is summoned?
5. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
2. What factors push the Spartans into a decisive battle with the Persians?
3. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
4. How is the 300 man force composed?
5. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
6. What kind of force arrives at Thermopylae to meet the Persians?
7. Describe the plan to assault Xerxes in his own tent.
8. How is Rooster spared and why?
9. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
10. Why do the Spartans want to kill Rooster and his infant son?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)