|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
(a) Athens is defended by a small band of fanatics only.
(b) Athens is completely abandoned.
(c) Athens is defended by the Spartans.
(d) Athens is defended by the full Athenian legions.
2. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
(c) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
(d) He dies on the Ides of March.
3. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
(a) She is paying him for his service to her husband.
(b) She gives him the money as a gift for his birthday.
(c) She is bribing him to remain silent of what he saw when he caught her with Polynikes.
(d) She gives him the money to run away with and avoid death with the three hundred.
4. What punishment is actually dealt out to Rooster?
(a) He is absolved of his crime.
(b) He is exiled and sent to the Persians.
(c) He is slain by the krypteia.
(d) He is beaten with wooden rods.
5. What does Xerxes believe about Xeones' story?
(a) He believes it is true, but has no bearing on the battles ahead.
(b) He believes it all to be lies.
(c) He believes that it is true and pertinent to the war efforts.
(d) He finds it entertaining, but is unsure of its truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
2. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
3. According to Leonidas, how many men could the Persians mass behind the battle wall?
4. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
5. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)