|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
(a) He believes that the chain is made stronger by including unproven links mixed in with the more experienced.
(b) He hand selects each soldier, knowing that all of them will die, because he needs men that are expendable.
(c) All of his experienced fighters are old, and he wants some young muscle to help carry the workload.
(d) He runs out of heroes, and is forced to include young men who have little or no fighting experience.
2. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three hundred.
(b) There are two million.
(c) There are twenty thousand.
(d) There are three thousand.
3. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
(a) They find the Persians waiting there for them.
(b) They find the area abandoned with the exception of a few local people.
(c) They find the Egyptian Tommie.
(d) They find only half of the troop they were expecting.
4. What drives Polynikes according to Dienekes?
(a) Polynikes is driven by his bloodlust.
(b) Polynikes has true andreia.
(c) Polynikes is driven the fear of dishonor.
(d) Polynikes is driven by the greed for glory.
5. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(b) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(c) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
(d) He wants to have a look at the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
2. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
3. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
4. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
5. Who vouches for Xeones that he did not overhear details of the raid from the surgeons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the 300 man force composed?
2. Why do the Spartans decide to send only 300 men?
3. Why do the Persian soldiers not hinder the Greeks in their escape?
4. What disturbs Xerxes, the Persian king?
5. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
6. Why does Xerxes trust Xeones?
7. Why does Xerxes not want to face the Spartans in Sparta?
8. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
9. What happens when Leonidas frees the helots on the last day of battle?
10. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)