|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arete convince the Peers to spare the child of Rooster?
(a) She convinces them that whatever the father might have done, it is no fault of the child's.
(b) She kidnaps the child and flees Sparta.
(c) She pays bribes to them to allow the child to go.
(d) She and her husband swear that the child is his, and not Rooster's.
2. Who are the non-Spartan members of the raiding party?
(a) They are Dithyrambos and Doreion.
(b) They are Tommie and Dithyrambos.
(c) They are Rooster and Tommie.
(d) They are Rooster and Ball Player.
3. How many Persians are in the advance force that takes Athens?
(a) There are several thousand.
(b) There are only three hundred.
(c) There are twenty thousand.
(d) There are fifty thousand men.
4. What does the merchant's sign say?
(a) It says "The best service in all of Greece."
(b) It says "The best service only for you, my friend."
(c) It says "The best service in all the land."
(d) It says "The best service only for you, my foreskin."
5. Who do the Spartans encounter on their way out of the Persian camp?
(a) They come across Persian soldiers rising for the morning.
(b) They are seen by General Mardonius.
(c) They do not encounter anyone on their flight from the Persian camp.
(d) They run into another group of Egyptian marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
2. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
3. The three hundred and their allies are to be met by a thousand heavy infantry from Phokis and Lokris. What do they find instead?
4. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
5. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Leonidas frees the helots on the last day of battle?
2. Why do the Persian soldiers not hinder the Greeks in their escape?
3. What occurs at Thermopylae during the wait for the Persians?
4. Explain what the author means when he calls the 300 an all-sire unit.
5. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
6. How is Rooster spared and why?
7. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
8. What does Arete offer Xeones? What is Xeones' response?
9. Why do the Spartans want to kill Rooster and his infant son?
10. Why does Xerxes not want to face the Spartans in Sparta?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)