Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Oracle of Apollo at Delphi tell the Athenians?
(a) The wooden wall alone shall not fail you.
(b) Fly to the corners of the earth.
(c) The enemy will overrun and destroy you.
(d) Only with the Spartans may you defeat the enemy.
2. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
(a) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Dienekes, and himself.
(b) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Rooster, and himself.
(c) He lists Alexandros, Orontes, Ephesus, and himself.
(d) He lists Alexandros, Dienekes, Orontes, and himself.
3. What can Xeones see toward the middle gate?
(a) He sees the bath houses.
(b) He sees a large fox.
(c) He sees the Persians.
(d) He sees the sheer cliffs of the pass.
4. Why does Leonidas include inexperienced soldiers in the three hundred?
(a) All of his experienced fighters are old, and he wants some young muscle to help carry the workload.
(b) He runs out of heroes, and is forced to include young men who have little or no fighting experience.
(c) He hand selects each soldier, knowing that all of them will die, because he needs men that are expendable.
(d) He believes that the chain is made stronger by including unproven links mixed in with the more experienced.
5. What is Olympieus doing when he is killed by an arrow?
(a) He is writing in his journal.
(b) He is sleeping.
(c) He is sharpening his sword blade.
(d) He is fighting on the field of battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes for Rooster after he turns down the offer of mothax?
2. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
3. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
4. What happens to the raiding party?
5. What oath does Arete swear to Xeones?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)