|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rooster suggest to Xeones and Alexandros?
(a) He tells them that they should abandon the army and join the Persians, just like him.
(b) He tells them that they should desert and return home, because the Spartans would be overrun by the next day.
(c) He tells them to fight with valor, and die a warrior's death.
(d) He tells them that he knows of a way to get a dozen men to the tent of the Persian king.
2. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
(a) Dienekes is to be awakened about mid-day.
(b) Dienekes is to be awakened two hours before sunrise.
(c) Dienekes is to be allowed to sleep until he wakes on his own.
(d) Dienekes is to be awakened with the dawn.
3. What happens to the raiding party?
(a) They are captured.
(b) They fight against terrible odds, but manage to kill Xerxes before being killed to a man.
(c) Alexandros' hand is cut off, and a few others are killed, so Dienekes calls the retreat.
(d) They fight to the death.
4. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
(a) Dienekes and Rooster are the only father-son pair.
(b) Medan and Xeones are the only father-son pair.
(c) Olympieus and Alexandros are the only father-son pair.
(d) Leonidas and Karneius are the only father-son pair.
5. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
(a) He lists Alexandros, Orontes, Ephesus, and himself.
(b) He lists Alexandros, Dienekes, Orontes, and himself.
(c) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Rooster, and himself.
(d) He lists Alexandros, Polynikes, Dienekes, and himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
2. If the krypteia have their way, how is Rooster to be punished for rejecting the offer?
3. What does Dienekes order Xeones to do?
4. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
5. How does Leonidas appear to Xerxes in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Rooster spared and why?
2. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
3. Describe the first day of battle.
4. Where has Xeones seen Xerxes before he is brought into his tent?
5. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
6. What does Arete offer Xeones? What is Xeones' response?
7. What happens when Rooster returns to the Greeks on the second day of battle?
8. Why do the Spartans want to kill Rooster and his infant son?
9. What kind of force arrives at Thermopylae to meet the Persians?
10. Describe what the Persians do to the body of the Spartan king, Leonidas.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)