|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
(a) Zeus appears to her.
(b) Apollo appears to her.
(c) Persephone appears to her.
(d) Ares appears to her.
2. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
(a) He is stealing the child so that he can kill him.
(b) He wants to have a look at the child.
(c) He is taking the child to protect him from the others.
(d) He is inspecting the child to see if he will be allowed to live.
3. When does Darius of Persia die?
(a) He dies three years before the battle at Antirhion.
(b) He dies on the Ides of March.
(c) He dies three years after the battle at Antirhion.
(d) He dies during the battle at Antirhion.
4. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
(b) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
(c) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
(d) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
5. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
(a) They will lose a king, and then the city will fall.
(b) They will lose many soldiers, but they will win the fight.
(c) They will either lose a king, or the city will fall.
(d) They will not lose a single officer, and the city will stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
2. What happens to the raiding party?
3. Who does Xeones list off as some of the members of the tent raiding party?
4. What is the standing order of Dienekes while on campaign?
5. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Xerxes trust Xeones?
2. What occurs at Thermopylae during the wait for the Persians?
3. How is the 300 man force composed?
4. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
5. What happens when Rooster returns to the Greeks on the second day of battle?
6. Why do the Spartans want to kill Rooster and his infant son?
7. What kinds of items do the Spartan soldiers carry with them?
8. Why do the Spartans decide to send only 300 men?
9. What causes Xerxes to decide to stay in Greece and complete his campaign?
10. How is Rooster spared and why?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)