|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
(a) He has twin sons and then a daughter.
(b) He has three daughters.
(c) He has twin sons.
(d) He has a son and a daughter who are twins.
2. According to Leonidas, how many men could the Persians mass behind the battle wall?
(a) They could mass one thousand men at most.
(b) They could only mass twenty or thirty men.
(c) The wall completely blocks off the pass.
(d) They could mass as many men as they care to.
3. What does Lady Arete's letter to Diomache say?
(a) The letter is to free Diomache from her service at the temple.
(b) The letter says that Xeones is free from his service and may marry Diomache.
(c) The letter is a personal letter between old friends.
(d) The letter says that Xeones' death will be honored.
4. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
(a) She gives him the money to run away with and avoid death with the three hundred.
(b) She is bribing him to remain silent of what he saw when he caught her with Polynikes.
(c) She gives him the money as a gift for his birthday.
(d) She is paying him for his service to her husband.
5. After some of the helots and Thespians leave, about how many are left in the Greek forces?
(a) There are about one hundred men left.
(b) There are about one thousand men left.
(c) There are about five hundred men left.
(d) There are about sixty men left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the Spartans make their discovery, what do they do about it?
2. What do the Spartans and their allies do when they see the Persians for the first time?
3. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
4. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
5. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)