|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
(a) Due to the violent nature of his death, the spirit of Xeones can not pass on to the world of the dead.
(b) Xeones returns to avenge his people.
(c) Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
(d) Xeones returns to warn the Spartan people that the battle has been lost.
2. What do the Spartans do when they reach the field of battle?
(a) They send some men to sneak around and flank the enemy.
(b) They charge recklessly into the melee.
(c) They immediately retreat.
(d) They calmly go about getting ready for battle, and wait for the enemy.
3. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
(a) He becomes the squire of Olympieus.
(b) He became the squire of Dienekes.
(c) He becomes the squire of Xerxes.
(d) He becomes the squire of Leonidas.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Ptammitechus.
(b) His name was Steve.
(c) His name was Agamemnon.
(d) His name was Tommie.
5. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
(a) They are heavily lectured on responsibility, but otherwise let off the hook.
(b) They are locked in a small cell.
(c) They are whipped.
(d) They are given extra labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diomache take with her?
2. Who is Suicide?
3. Why does Polynikes feel that Spartans are superior to any other people?
4. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
5. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Alexandros and Xeones.
2. What is the story behind Dienekes and Arete?
3. Why does Polynikes seem to think that Spartans are better than any other men?
4. How does Xeones come to be in the Persian camp?
5. Who is Bruxieus?
6. Why do the Spartans punish their young boys by whipping them?
7. What is a helot?
8. Describe the Spartan line formation.
9. Why does Diomache feel that no one will want to marry her?
10. How does Xeones come to follow the Spartan army when they march out to war?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)