|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Agamemnon.
(b) His name was Ptammitechus.
(c) His name was Tommie.
(d) His name was Steve.
2. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate when they reach Athens.
(b) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(c) They separate at The Crossroads.
(d) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
(a) Spartans love to fish.
(b) Spartans wrestle and run.
(c) Spartans make sacrifices to their gods.
(d) Spartans train at controlling their fear.
4. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
(a) They are whipped.
(b) They are given extra labor.
(c) They are heavily lectured on responsibility, but otherwise let off the hook.
(d) They are locked in a small cell.
5. What is the half helot's nickname?
(a) His nickname is Bob.
(b) His nickname is Dog.
(c) His nickname is Rooster.
(d) His nickname is Suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
4. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
5. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Spartan games.
2. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
3. Who is Bruxieus?
4. Why does Xerxes want to hear about the Spartans?
5. Who catches Alexandros not using his shield properly? What happens?
6. Describe what the Persians do to the body of the Spartan king, Leonidas.
7. According to Xeones, why does Leonidas select the men he does for the 300?
8. Why do the Spartans decide to send only 300 men?
9. Describe Xeones' opinion of king Xerxes.
10. What is the outcome of the battle?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)