|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the Persian army.
(b) They fight the Agrives.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the army of Athens.
2. How does the Egyptian number the Persian fleet?
(a) He numbers it at one hundred ships.
(b) He numbers it at sixty squadrons.
(c) He says that the Persian fleet is innumerable.
(d) He numbers it at about two million men.
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
(a) He tells Polynikes that he experienced a bloodlust during the battle.
(b) He tells Polynikes that the battle made him sick.
(c) He tells Polynikes that he was amused by the ease with which they defeated the enemy.
(d) He tells Polynikes that the battle didn't effect him at all.
4. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Ptammitechus.
(b) His name was Agamemnon.
(c) His name was Steve.
(d) His name was Tommie.
5. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Polynikes.
(b) His name is Dekton.
(c) His name is Paraleio.
(d) His name is Alexandros.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the soldiers show their disfavor when Polynikes is scolding Alexandros?
2. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
3. What is the Antirhion army primarily composed of?
4. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
5. Who is Xeones' sparring partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Xeones describe the Spartan view on war?
2. How are Xeones and Alexandros assigned after the battle at Antirhion?
3. How does Xeones come to follow the Spartan army when they march out to war?
4. Why does Diomache feel that no one will want to marry her?
5. What is a helot?
6. What is the outcome of the battle?
7. Who is Bruxieus?
8. Why does Polynikes seem to think that Spartans are better than any other men?
9. How do Alexandros and Xeones get across the Gulf of Corinth when following the army?
10. Why does Xeones refuse to continue with the story? What happens that causes him to continue?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)