|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
(a) He describes him as a young warrior, inexperienced in battle, but fierce and strong.
(b) He describes him as a silly old man, full of outdated ideas.
(c) He describes him as a warrior over forty-years-old who carries wounds from many battles.
(d) He describes him as a great hero.
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
(a) He finds out about the mutilation of king Leonidas' body.
(b) He realizes that telling Xerxes of Spartan warfare is treason.
(c) He learns that Xerxes is going to kill him after he completes his story.
(d) He grows bored with the work.
3. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
(a) The Spartans sack the city-state.
(b) The Argives sack the city-state.
(c) The Persians sack the city-state.
(d) The Carthagians sack the city-state.
4. How does Polynikes react to Alexandros' answer?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angered.
5. What is Hermion's nickname?
(a) He is called Mountain.
(b) He is called The Archer.
(c) He is called Pretty Boy.
(d) He is called Rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Rooster become a squire?
2. Who is Dienekes' squire?
3. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
4. How many boys are there in the training platoons, according to Xeones?
5. What causes Xeones to continue the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lady Arete reveal to Xeones?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to continue with the story? What happens that causes him to continue?
3. Describe the training exercise at the Oaks.
4. How does Xeones begin his story?
5. Why does Xerxes want to hear about the Spartans?
6. How does Xeones come to be in the Persian camp?
7. What happens to Xeones after his city is burned?
8. Why does Xerxes become impatient with Xeones?
9. Who catches Alexandros not using his shield properly? What happens?
10. Who is Bruxieus?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)