|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(b) They are captured and sold into slavery.
(c) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(d) They escape with him.
2. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
(a) He is trying to steal a goose.
(b) He is trying to steal a chicken.
(c) He is trying to steal a horse.
(d) He is trying to steal some cabbage.
3. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
(a) He tells them to go to Athens.
(b) He tells them to go to Rome.
(c) He tells them to go to Sparta.
(d) He tells them to go to Thessaly.
4. How old is Xeones when he flees the destruction of his home?
(a) He is nine.
(b) He is twelve.
(c) He is eighteen.
(d) He is in his middle teens.
5. Who is Paraleio?
(a) She is the mother of Alexandros.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is the wife of Xerxes.
(d) She is the cousin of Xeones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thermopylae is described as what?
2. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
3. What obstacle separates the two sides of the battleground?
4. Where is Rooster's mother's city?
5. How do Xeones and Alexandros get across the gulf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Spartans punish their young boys by whipping them?
2. Describe the relationship between Alexandros and Xeones.
3. How does Xeones describe the Spartan view on war?
4. Why does Diomache feel that no one will want to marry her?
5. What is the concern of the lady Paraleio, Alexandros' mother?
6. Describe the Spartan line formation.
7. How does Xeones begin his story?
8. What is the outcome of the battle?
9. How do the Spartans count their dead?
10. Why does Xerxes become impatient with Xeones?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)