|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Xeones and Diomache when they separate?
(a) He is nine and she is twelve.
(b) He is fifteen and she is twelve.
(c) He is twelve and she is fifteen.
(d) He is twelve and she is nine.
2. Why does Diomache feel that no man will want her?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She has a large scar on her face.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is ugly.
3. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
(b) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(c) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(d) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
4. There is a battle on the plain west of Antirhion. Who do the Spartans fight there?
(a) They fight the army of Athens.
(b) They fight the Persian army.
(c) They fight the Antirhion army.
(d) They fight the Agrives.
5. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
(a) He tells the boy that someday he'll be able to dish it right back in Polynikes' face.
(b) He tells the boy that he will eventually outrank Polynikes anyways.
(c) He tells the boy that he will never amount to anything.
(d) He tells the boy that Polynikes is just full of hot air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
2. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
3. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
4. Who is Diomache?
5. Where does Bruxieus tell Xeones and Diomache to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Xerxes want to hear about the Spartans?
2. What happens to Xeones after his city is burned?
3. What main advantage do the Spartans have over the Persians?
4. Who is Bruxieus?
5. Describe the fight between Medes and Greeks.
6. What happens when the Greeks enter the tent of Xerxes that ultimately saves his life?
7. Describe the battlefield at Antirhion.
8. What is the outcome of the battle?
9. Describe Xeones' opinion of king Xerxes.
10. How do Alexandros and Xeones get across the Gulf of Corinth when following the army?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)