|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that Xerxes comes to Greece?
(a) He comes to have the Greek submit to him, and to have them offer him earth and water.
(b) He comes to plunder the riches of Greece.
(c) He comes to avenge the death of his father.
(d) He comes to conquer the land for natural resources.
2. In Chapter 28, which Persian deserter asks for Xeones by name?
(a) Tommie asks for him.
(b) Elephantinos asks for him.
(c) Rooster asks for him.
(d) Xerxes asks for him.
3. What do the Athenians call the high part of the city?
(a) They call it The Great Hill.
(b) They call it the Acropolis.
(c) They call it the royal compound.
(d) They call it The Mound.
4. How many children does Xeones father?
(a) He has two sons.
(b) He has two daughters.
(c) He only has one child, a son.
(d) He has a son and a daughter.
5. What does Dienekes decide that the opposite of fear is?
(a) The opposite of fear is love.
(b) The opposite of fear is courage.
(c) The opposite of fear is aphobia.
(d) The opposite of fear is glory.
6. Who appears to Diomache in a dream after she aborted her pregnancy and was ill?
(a) Ares appears to her.
(b) Apollo appears to her.
(c) Zeus appears to her.
(d) Persephone appears to her.
7. What oath does Arete swear to Xeones?
(a) She swears to befriend his cousin Diomache and keep her company.
(b) She swears that his cousin will hear of his honor in battle and where his body lies.
(c) She swears to never tell about his secret love.
(d) She swears to help take care of his son after he is gone.
8. When the dog chases the rabbit between the two armies and then kills it, what do the Greeks think it means?
(a) They take it as a sign that the Persians will overpower them.
(b) They think that the dog crushing the rabbit in its jaws signifies the empire of Persia crushing Greece.
(c) They take it as a sign that they will be victorious.
(d) They find it amusing and take it as good entertainment.
9. Why does Arete give Xeones coins?
(a) She is paying him for his service to her husband.
(b) She gives him the money as a gift for his birthday.
(c) She gives him the money to run away with and avoid death with the three hundred.
(d) She is bribing him to remain silent of what he saw when he caught her with Polynikes.
10. Who makes up the only father-son pair in the three hundred?
(a) Olympieus and Alexandros are the only father-son pair.
(b) Dienekes and Rooster are the only father-son pair.
(c) Leonidas and Karneius are the only father-son pair.
(d) Medan and Xeones are the only father-son pair.
11. According to Xerxes, what is the greatest desire of Xeones?
(a) His greatest desire is to rejoin his brothers in arms beneath the earth in death.
(b) He only wants to kill Xerxes, even at the cost of his own life.
(c) His desire to tell the story is greater than any other.
(d) His top priority is to escape Xerxes and return to Sparta with the intelligence that he has picked up in the Persian camp.
12. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
(a) It is the Persian general Mardonius.
(b) It is the lady Artemisia.
(c) It is king Xerxes.
(d) It is the traitor, Rooster.
13. How does Rooster originally feel about Alexandros?
(a) He feels that Alexandros is a good friend who will always be loyal to him.
(b) He feels that Alexandros is far braver than he will ever be.
(c) He feels that he is braver and a better warrior than Alexandros, and he hates him.
(d) He loves Alexandros as his own brother, and would allow no harm to come to him.
14. What is the original total number of troops that would leave for Thermopylae?
(a) There are three thousand.
(b) There are two million.
(c) There are three hundred.
(d) There are twenty thousand.
15. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
(a) Rooster is his son.
(b) Rooster is not related to Dienekes.
(c) Rooster is his brother's bastard son.
(d) Rooster is his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what valor in battle is Rooster offered new status as mothax?
2. How many children does Alexandros father by the age of twenty?
3. What nation is the second to assault the Greeks?
4. Why does Leonidas keep the three hundred from getting new cloaks?
5. Why do the Lokrians not make the meeting?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)