Short Answer Key
Book 1: Xerxes, Chapter 1 - 4
1. To whom does Xeones tell his story?
He tells it to a scribe.
2. How does Xeones return to life from the grave?
Apollo returns him to life.
3. What is the reason for Xeones returning to life?
Xeones is to tell the story of the Battle of Thermopylae.
4. Thermopylae is described as what?
Thermopylae is described as a place where travelers go to use the hot mineral baths.
5. According to Xeones, each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one what?
Each Spartan soldier goes into battle with at least one helot.
6. Who is Diomache?
Diomache is the cousin of Xeones.
7. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
Xeones is from in Astakos.
8. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
The Argives sack the...
This section contains 3,406 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)