|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8: Thermopylae, Chapter 35 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment do Alexandros and Xeones receive?
(a) They are locked in a small cell.
(b) They are given extra labor.
(c) They are whipped.
(d) They are heavily lectured on responsibility, but otherwise let off the hook.
2. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
(a) He tells the boy that someday he'll be able to dish it right back in Polynikes' face.
(b) He tells the boy that he will never amount to anything.
(c) He tells the boy that he will eventually outrank Polynikes anyways.
(d) He tells the boy that Polynikes is just full of hot air.
3. Why does Xeones go out into a snowstorm to freeze to death?
(a) He prefers a death by freezing to the slow, painful death he will have due to his fever.
(b) He is depressed that his girlfriend broke up with him.
(c) He is depressed that he cannot fight with a spear.
(d) He is depressed that his family is dead.
4. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She doesn't take anyone.
(b) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(c) She takes the dog, Happy.
(d) She takes the dog, Lucky.
5. How is Rooster related to Dienekes?
(a) Rooster is his brother's bastard son.
(b) Rooster is his friend.
(c) Rooster is his son.
(d) Rooster is not related to Dienekes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Sparta sing as the soldiers march off to war?
2. Who throws an axe at Xeones and cuts Alexandros' wrist during the tent raid?
3. What message does Leonidas leave for Greeks who are conscripted into service to the Persians?
4. Who stands to defend Athens during the Persian attack?
5. What does Xeones become in the Spartan army?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)