Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Dienekes, Chapter 24 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonidas do after the Antirhion king surrenders?
(a) He takes the survivors as slaves.
(b) He executes the enemy soldiers, but allows the people in the city to survive.
(c) He slaughters both soldiers and city folk alike.
(d) He spares the lives of the survivors and those in the city.
2. How does Rooster feel about Alexandros smuggling special salve for Xeones?
(a) He admires Alexandros' courage.
(b) He feels that it is reckless.
(c) He feels like Alexandros should just mind his own business.
(d) He does not care.
3. By what other name is Sparta called?
(a) Sparta is also called Lakedaemon.
(b) Sparta is also called The Hot Gates.
(c) Sparta is also called Thermopylae.
(d) Sparta is also called Mount Oracle.
4. Where does the Spartan king march and fight, relative to the rest of his army?
(a) The king usually stays at the center of his army, so that his men surround him at all times.
(b) The king does not go with his army, but sends a general in his stead.
(c) The king commands from the back of the army where it is safer.
(d) The king remains at the front of the lines, where he can be a part of the action at all times.
5. What does Dienekes tell Alexandros after Polynikes' lecture?
(a) He tells the boy that someday he'll be able to dish it right back in Polynikes' face.
(b) He tells the boy that he will never amount to anything.
(c) He tells the boy that he will eventually outrank Polynikes anyways.
(d) He tells the boy that Polynikes is just full of hot air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is oktonyktia?
2. What oath does Alexandros swear the night of Rooster's trial?
3. What does the Oracle tell the Spartans?
4. What is the purpose of an all-sire unit?
5. How are Spartan boys punished?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)