Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 20 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
(a) They separate at The Crossroads.
(b) They separate just before reaching Sparta.
(c) They separate at a fork in the road called Three Corners.
(d) They separate when they reach Athens.
2. What is the purpose of the speech Leonidas gives after this battle?
(a) He thanks the survivors and honors the fallen, while refocusing their attention on the main battle to come.
(b) He congratulates them on their great victory and releases them for a day to pillage the city.
(c) He berates them for their lack of courage and for their weakness.
(d) He congratulates them on the victory, and commends their behavior towards the prisoners.
3. What happens to Xeones when he is caught stealing?
(a) The farmers beat him severely.
(b) The farmers cut off his right hand.
(c) The farmers drive nails through his hands.
(d) He is made to pay for what he stole.
4. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it phobologiea.
(b) They call it phobology.
(c) They call it the void.
(d) They call it aphobia.
5. What is the name of the half helot friend of Xeones?
(a) His name is Polynikes.
(b) His name is Paraleio.
(c) His name is Alexandros.
(d) His name is Dekton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the activities listed as part of Spartan life?
2. Why do the Spartans decide to send only three hundred soldiers to Thermopylae?
3. Why does Medon take the baby after the Peers all go home?
4. Who is the Lady Arete asking about?
5. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)