|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Rooster, Chapter 12 - 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed as a way to pass time.
(b) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(c) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(d) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
2. What is othismos?
(a) Othismos is the euphoria that comes upon the victor after a battle.
(b) Othismos is the initial collision on the battlefield and the chaos that follows.
(c) Othismos is one of the ancient Spartan sacrificial rites.
(d) Othismos is a field near Sparta where the Spartan boys train.
3. Why is Xerxes warned about the story of the Spartans?
(a) It contains much foul language.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is difficult to understand.
(d) It is long and boring.
4. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(b) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(c) He tells them to never surrender.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
5. What do the Spartans call their science of fear discipline?
(a) They call it aphobia.
(b) They call it phobologiea.
(c) They call it the void.
(d) They call it phobology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
2. Where do Xeones and Diomache separate?
3. How do the Spartans count their dead?
4. How do the Spartans view war?
5. Who are the two narrators of this story?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)