Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them to never surrender.
(d) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
2. Why does Dienekes initially resist marrying Lady Arete?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He is already married.
(c) Despite his deep love for her, his ethics stand in the way.
(d) He feels that she was the death of his brother, and wants nothing to do with her.
3. What happens to the parents of Xeones?
(a) They escape with him.
(b) They are killed trying to defend their home.
(c) They also escape, but are separated and spend years searching for him.
(d) They are captured and sold into slavery.
4. What does Dienekes teach about fear?
(a) He teaches that fear is silly and unmanly.
(b) He teaches that fear is a very real, and dangerous thing.
(c) He teaches that fear defeats the enemies of Sparta.
(d) He teaches that the only thing to fear is fear itself.
5. What are the Spartan battle games designed for?
(a) They are designed to entertain the boys and keep them out of trouble.
(b) They are designed to simulate battle for training.
(c) They are designed as entertainment for the people.
(d) They are designed as a way to pass time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Xeones trying to steal when he is caught?
2. What does agoge boua mean?
3. Who is Dienekes' squire?
4. By what warrior code are young Spartans raised?
5. How do the Spartans count their dead?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)