|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Alexandros, Chapter 8 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Spartan boys punished?
(a) They are locked in small rooms, called hotboxes.
(b) They are starved for short periods of time and totally ignored.
(c) They are whipped with sticks.
(d) They are given harsh labor assignments as punishment.
2. What does Apollo tell Xeones about the spear in his vision?
(a) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is a great weapon.
(b) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear is an inelegant weapon.
(c) Apollo tells Xeones that he will be killed by with a spear.
(d) Apollo tells Xeones that the spear will be the salvation of Sparta.
3. What is the name of the city-state where Xeones is from?
(a) Xeones is from in Athens.
(b) Xeones is from in Astakos.
(c) Xeones is from in Sparta.
(d) Xeones is from a country farm in Akarnania, not a city-state.
4. Xeones tells of an exercise that the people in the baggage train practice where they serve as punching bags for the Spartan heavy infantry. What is this exercise called?
(a) It is called The Oak.
(b) It is called The Ploughman's Blade.
(c) It is called The Breaking.
(d) It is called sparring.
5. The first time Xeones sees the Persian fleet, he meets an Egyptian. What was the Egyptian's name?
(a) His name was Ptammitechus.
(b) His name was Tommie.
(c) His name was Agamemnon.
(d) His name was Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Xerxes want to hear in chapter one?
2. How many sons has Arete born Dienekes?
3. What does Polynikes do when he catches Alexandros handling his shield improperly?
4. How does Xeones describe Dienekes?
5. Who sacks the city-state that was the birthplace of Xeones?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)