Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Polynikes, Chapter 18 - 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Xeones and Alexandros catch up to the Spartan army?
(a) They catch up to them at Rhion.
(b) They catch up to them at Antirhion.
(c) They catch up to them at the hot gate.
(d) They catch up to them at Thermopylae.
2. Who does Diomache take with her?
(a) She doesn't take anyone.
(b) She takes the dog, Lucky.
(c) She takes the old blind slave, Bruxieus.
(d) She takes the dog, Happy.
3. What does the Egyptian tell the Spartans about the Persian invasion?
(a) He tells them that the Persians would be easily defeated while still at sea.
(b) He tells them that Xerxes will slaughter them regardless of what they do.
(c) He tells them to never surrender.
(d) He tells them to join Xerxes voluntarily like the Egyptians did.
4. What does agoge boua mean?
(a) Agoge boua means training platoon.
(b) Agoge boua means honorable death.
(c) Agoge boua means eight-nighter.
(d) Agoge boua means battle rage.
5. How do the Spartans count their dead?
(a) They each have half of a twig with their names on them, and the other half is in a basket. After the battle, they all match their halves to the others in the basket and count the remaining twigs.
(b) They stand in formation and count off.
(c) The senior surviving officer calls out the names of the soldiers, and who ever doesn't answer is counted as dead.
(d) They walk the field of battle and count the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is othismos?
2. Why does Xeones refuse to narrate anymore?
3. After their return to Sparta, how does Alexandros tell Polynikes the battle made him feel?
4. Who is Paraleio?
5. What does Dienekes tell the Egyptian about freedom?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)