|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Jakob remember Bella telling?
(a) About an adventurer.
(b) About a mouse in the house.
(c) About a devil.
(d) About Brahms.
2. Of what does Jakob live in constant fear?
(a) Athos making him leave.
(b) His mother's ghost wandering.
(c) His father's ghost ordering his to wreck vengeance.
(d) Hearing the door being kicked in.
3. What does Jakob see ascending?
(b) A blimp.
(c) A flock of vultures.
(d) A flock of crows.
4. What is Jakob to do when Alex leaves him?
(a) Return to Poland.
(b) Return to Greece.
(c) Find a more suitable wife.
(d) Not step outside the door.
5. What does Jakob sense one day?
(a) That someone is looking for him.
(b) That Bella has died.
(c) That the evil in the area has left.
(d) That Bella is nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of ground does Athos say one should be buried?
2. Where does Jakob learn to live a normal life as Athos prepares for their move to Canada?
3. Who is Athos?
4. What restaurants do Athos and Jakob frequent?
5. Where do Jakob and Alex meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jakob do after he witnesses the invasion of his home?
2. What does Jakob think concerning the dead?
3. Describe the day-to-day life of Jakob and Athos.
4. How does Athos relate natural phenomenon to railroads and the Holocaust?
5. How does Jakob end up in Greece?
6. Who is Athos and what does he pass on to Jakob?
7. How does Jakob learn English, and of what is he proud as he is mastering the language?
8. How does Jakob meet Alex?
9. What does Kostas say about Palamas and Sikelianos?
10. What does Athos do and say before he and Jakob leave for Canada?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)