|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jakob run?
(a) To his grandparent's home.
(b) Into the forest.
(c) To his aunt and uncle's home.
(d) To the bog.
2. What do the Jews do when the Germans take over the occupation of the country from the Italians?
(a) Hide in the catacombs under the city.
(b) Pay Christians to hide them.
(c) Hide in the hills.
(d) Pay fishermen to take them to England.
3. What is Athos' professional specialty?
4. How is the site perfectly preserved?
(a) The occupants intentionally took steps to preserve it.
(b) It is petrified.
(c) It is only partially preserved.
(d) It has been encased in peat.
5. With what composer was Bella once obsessed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jakob think about the Catalan Atlas?
2. What does Athos say luck requires?
3. What does Athos say a good deed does?
4. What does Jakob say every moment is?
5. What does Athos say the sight of many birds is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jakob meet Alex?
2. What does Athos do and say before he and Jakob leave for Canada?
3. How does Jakob learn English, and of what is he proud as he is mastering the language?
4. What does Kostas say about Palamas and Sikelianos?
5. How does Jakob end up in Greece?
6. Why do Athos and Jakob go to Athens and in what condition is Greece?
7. What does Jakob think concerning the dead?
8. What does Jakob do after he witnesses the invasion of his home?
9. What does Athos teach Jakob to cook, and why does Jakob stop going to the grocery store?
10. Why does Athos choose Toronto as the place to relocate?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)