|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the site perfectly preserved?
(a) It has been encased in peat.
(b) The occupants intentionally took steps to preserve it.
(c) It is only partially preserved.
(d) It is petrified.
2. Who is Jakob Beer?
(a) An elderly man who is about to die.
(b) A priest.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An archeology professor at Oxford.
3. What does Athos say stones do?
(a) Give a sense of destiny.
(b) Hold human time.
(c) Roots one to their past.
(d) Give a sense of the importance of the moment.
4. From where has Jakob Beer just emerged at the opening of the novel?
(a) A bog.
(b) A forest.
(c) A cave.
(d) The ocean.
5. How does Alex act?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Athos take Jakob to Athens?
2. How is Alex actually?
3. Where does Jakob sit when Athos goes to town?
4. What about marriage does Alex enjoy?
5. What does Jakob see ascending?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Athos cause Jakob to understand the power of poetry?
2. Why do Athos and Jakob go to Athens and in what condition is Greece?
3. What is Toronto like and where do Athos and Jakob go to live?
4. Describe the day-to-day life of Jakob and Athos.
5. How does Bella continue to impact Jakob's life?
6. What thoughts does Jakob have about the Catalan Atlas and history?
7. Where is Jakob Beer at the opening of the novel, and what is he doing?
8. What is the Beskupin site?
9. How does the relationship between Alex and Jakob evolve?
10. What does Kostas say about Palamas and Sikelianos?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)