|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what continent does Athos talk to Jakob?
(b) North American.
2. Who hunts down and kills anyone well off?
(a) Greek revolutionaries.
3. What does Jakob think about the Catalan Atlas?
(a) It is very inaccurate.
(b) It is amazingly accurate.
(c) It is breathtakingly beautiful.
(d) It is honest about designating unknown regions.
4. What does Jakob witness as he is hiding?
(a) His parents being led away in handcuffs.
(b) The wrecking of the archeological site.
(c) His mother kissing his father before his father is shot.
(d) His baby brother being carried away.
5. What does Jakob feel inside him?
(a) His sister's terror.
(c) His father telling him to run.
(d) His mother saying goodbye.
6. What effect does hearing the old tongue have on Jakob?
(a) It reminds him that he is not the same as he was.
(b) It brings up images of his mother.
(c) It causes him to feel both fear and love.
(d) It causes him to feel confused.
7. What does Jakob dream about as he sleeps?
(a) His parents being led off in handcuffs.
(c) His parents being shot.
(d) The way his mother used to hold him.
8. What does Athos do when he sees Jakob?
(a) Tells Jakob where to find Bella.
(b) Tries to shoot Jakob.
(c) Hids Jakob under his coat.
(d) Starts crying.
9. What does Jakob wonder if remembering does?
(a) Causes the dead pain.
(b) Causes him to not forgive.
(c) Causes him to lose sight of beauty.
(d) Causes him to not go forward.
10. What do Athos' stories evoke in Jakob?
(a) The need to know what happened to his parents.
(b) Images of Jakob's family and friends.
(c) The desire to confront his family's killers.
(d) The desire for revenge.
11. With what composer was Bella once obsessed?
12. What is the name of the site where Jakob has just emerged?
(b) It has no official name.
13. How old is Jakob when Athos takes him to Athens?
14. Of what does Jakob live in constant fear?
(a) Athos making him leave.
(b) His mother's ghost wandering.
(c) Hearing the door being kicked in.
(d) His father's ghost ordering his to wreck vengeance.
15. What does Athos insist that Jakob do?
(a) Keep up on his Greek.
(b) Keep up on his Hebrew.
(d) Write down what he remembers of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spoils the sex between Jakob and Alex?
2. In what type of ground does Athos say one should be buried?
3. Who is Jakob Beer?
4. Who deliberately smashes and reburies this site?
5. What does Jakob sense one day?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)