|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, The Way Station.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Australian and British soldiers described doing?
(a) Handing out candy.
2. What is the name of Jakob's work that shows Athos' influence?
(a) Down Below the Water.
(c) Away is the Night.
(d) High Cliffs.
3. From where has Jakob Beer just emerged at the opening of the novel?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A bog.
(c) A forest.
(d) A cave.
4. Into what is despair transformed in the gas chambers?
5. What does Athos say the sight of many birds is?
(a) The sign of prayers comforting the dead.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Good luck.
(d) A sign that the heavens are whispering advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben remember of Naomi's possessions?
2. What does Athos do because he senses he is running out of time?
3. What does Jakob wonder if remembering does?
4. What is significant of Salonika?
5. About what did Ben have nightmares?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)