|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, The Drowned City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what have Ben and Naomi been fighting when they meet Jakob and Michaela?
(a) Moving to Israel.
(b) Having children.
(c) The care Naomi gives her parents' grave.
(d) Naomi working outside the home.
2. How does Jakob feel in Greece?
(a) Completely at home.
(b) A pariah.
(c) A prodigal son.
(d) At home and forever a stranger.
3. Why does Jakob say Germans tried to dehumanize Jews?
(a) So the Jews would believe the lies about themselves.
(b) To convince others that genocide was acceptable.
(c) So they could receive approval of the world at large for their atrocities.
(d) To make it easier to murder them.
4. What does Jacob see boys doing to produce squawks?
(a) Blowing across bottle openings.
(b) Blowing on leaves of grass.
(c) Sliding their fingers on wires.
(d) Blowing homemade pipes.
5. What is "Bearing False Witness"?
(a) A book Kostas just published.
(b) A tribute to comrades lost at Biskupin.
(c) A new law that discriminates against minorities in Canada.
(d) A book Jakob is writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athos say a good deed does?
2. What reminds Jakob of his mother and Bella?
3. How does the famed rabbi travel in the parable?
4. What does Jakob witness as he is hiding?
5. What does Michaela allow Jakob to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)