|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, The Drowned City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Greeks seem to have caught from the Germans?
(a) Death as a solution.
(b) The virus of exclusion.
(c) The virus of violence.
(d) War as a way of change.
2. What is possible with recorded history?
(a) It can be erased.
(b) It can be altered.
(c) It can be resurrected.
(d) It can be forgotten.
3. Why does Jakob not return to a grocery he shops at?
(a) He hears a little boy being cursed as a Jew.
(b) He hears someone speak German.
(c) He misunderstands the grocer's thick accent.
(d) He hates the food they sell.
4. What does Athos say luck requires?
(a) The gods' benevolence.
(b) Heeding warnings.
(c) Being good.
(d) Being ready for it.
5. Of what is Jakob afraid concerning Michaela?
(a) Giving her too little of herself.
(b) Giving her too much of himself.
(c) Losing her.
(d) Hurting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Jakob of his mother and Bella?
2. What does Jakob think about the Catalan Atlas?
3. In what color can a Polish painter Jakob meets not paint?
4. What stories does Jakob remember Bella telling?
5. Where does Athos take Jakob?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)