|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Phosphorus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What returns to Michaela when she speaks?
(a) Her goodness.
(b) Her mind.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her clarity.
2. How does Jakob feel when he returns to Greece?
(d) As if he were home.
3. Where does Jakob image Bella being?
(a) A vault.
(b) A camp barracks.
(c) A German officer's home.
(d) A home for orphans.
4. Where does Jakob learn to live a normal life as Athos prepares for their move to Canada?
(a) He does not learn this.
(b) From the other boys of the town.
(c) From Kostas and Daphne.
(d) From Sikelianos.
5. How do Jakob and Athos improve Jakob's English?
(a) By making up characters and stories in English.
(b) By only speaking English at home.
(c) By listening to the radio.
(d) By listening to television shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maurice Salman?
2. What do Ben and Petra discover when they pull down the covers on Jakob's bed?
3. What are Australian and British soldiers described doing?
4. Who hunts down and kills anyone well off?
5. What does Athos teach Jakob to cook?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)