|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Section 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aung San Suu Kyi conclude her speech that she delivered at a pagoda in Myitkyina, Kachin State on April 27, 1989?
(a) Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
(b) The survival of democracy depends on the renunciation of violence and the development of nonviolent means to combat evil and advance the good.
(c) I accept chaos, I am not sure whether it accepts me.
(d) They are all comrades in the struggle for democratic rights.
2. Which of Aung San's relatives led one of the first groups resist the British occupation?
(a) His Brother, Ba Gyan.
(b) His Uncle, U Min Yaung.
(c) His Father, Aung Thein.
(d) His Grandfather, Saw Lwin.
3. Why have others said that the Burmese are unfit to govern themselves?
(a) Because the Burmese are corrupt by nature.
(b) Because the Burmese are accustomed to being ruled by outsiders.
(c) Because democracy is an alien concept to the Burmese.
(d) Because the Burmese have historically had a village government system.
4. Suu Kyi states in her speech Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon on 26 August 1988 that she is not beholden to any politician so that...
(a) No one force her hand to act in a way that violates her conscience.
(b) She can act and think independently.
(c) No one can ever force Suu Kyi to betray them.
(d) She does not play a role in the corruption and the scandals.
5. In "Belief in Burma's Future," what is Suu Kyi's conviction about the people's movement that has arisen during 1988?
(a) It is the people's desire to enjoy human rights.
(b) It is a spiritual movement.
(c) The people are promoting a two-party system.
(d) The people can no longer tolerate the restriction of free discussion and criticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suu Kyi conclude her first letter to Amnesty International?
2. What happened after Suu Kyi submitted her papers to stand for election in May 1990?
3. What happens to Suu Kyi's two letters addressed to Amnesty International?
4. What group did Aung San form in 1942?
5. People who have suffered from a bad government should be preoccupied with......?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)