|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was at the core of the Burma Independence Army (BIA)?
(a) The Gang of Four.
(b) The Rangoon Seven.
(c) The Twelve Angry Men.
(d) The Thirty Comrades.
2. In Suu Kyi's interview with Karan Thapar in August 29, 1988, Suu Kyi stated that her aim is "to help the people...?
(a) Get on with their daily lives under the current circumstance.
(b) Attain democracy without further violence or loss of life.
(c) Overthrow the oppressive regime.
(d) Find the courage to stand up for their rights.
3. What was Aung San's objective after he resigned as military chief?
(a) To unite Burma's ethnic groups.
(b) To stabilize the economy.
(c) To organize a grassroots resistance.
(d) To release political prisoners.
4. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, when was the occasion to address human rights violations to occur?
(a) The following day.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
5. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, when did the western influence on Burmese language and literature become evident?
(a) During the latter part of the nineteenth century.
(b) During the beginning of the twentieth century.
(c) During the middle part of the twentieth century.
(d) During the middle part of the nineteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does hope return in Burma?
2. In her speech delivered at a pagoda in Myitkyina, Kachin State on April 27, 1989, what advice does Suu Kyi give to parents?
3. How did Aung San Suu Kyi travel when she describes the events in her letter to the editor dated January 21, 1989?
4. Which is worst out of the four types of corruption?
5. What group did Aung San form in 1942?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)