|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country had formed a similar committee that is being proposed in "The Formation of a People's Committee"?
2. What was the orientation of the political writings during the end of the British rule?
3. What organization is holding the event that Suu Kyi wants people to act upon her request?
(a) The United Nations General Assembly.
(b) The Burmese Tribunal.
(c) The Burmese Government.
(d) The International Court of Justice.
4. Who holds the burden of upholding justice and common decency where no rule of law prevails?
(a) The police.
(b) The people.
(c) The military.
(d) The religious orders.
5. What landmark is in the region of Burma where the disintegration of British rule was felt?
(a) The Bay of Bengal.
(c) Mount Popa
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Aung San Su Kyi's party in the election in May 1990?
2. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, when did the western influence on Burmese language and literature become evident?
3. What was the Burmese approach to life during British occupation?
4. Why have others said that the Burmese are unfit to govern themselves?
5. What are Suu Kyi's comments about economic development in her interview with Dominic Falder on AsiaWeek in July 1989?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)