|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Section 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what corrupts individuals?
2. What organization is holding the event that Suu Kyi wants people to act upon her request?
(a) The United Nations General Assembly.
(b) The International Court of Justice.
(c) The Burmese Tribunal.
(d) The Burmese Government.
3. What group became the voice for Burmese nationalism?
(a) The farmers.
(b) The university students.
(c) The labor unions.
(d) The military.
4. According to Aung San Suu Kyi, what was spontaneous?
(a) The response to notions like "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happpiness."
(b) The response to notions like "due process, a two-party system, and security"
(c) The response to notions like "representative government, human rights, and the rule of law."
(d) The response to notions like "right to work, food, and education."
5. In Suu Kyi's open letter dated September 26, 1988, what occasion does she want people to act upon her request ?
(a) The General Debate.
(b) A visit by the director of the Office of the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights.
(c) The trial of seven innocents.
(d) The next meeting of the Burmese State Peace and Development Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did political thinking in Burma become increasingly organized?
2. How did Suu Kyi conclude her letter to the editor dated January 21,1989?
3. Who influenced the Burmese in terms of philosophy?
4. Which is not a Burmese ethnic group?
5. Why did Burma have few social problems?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)